Picking up the Pace(setter)?

For any discussion that does not fit any other category, or general announcements.

Re: Picking up the Pace(setter)?

Postby seneschal » Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:29 pm

A complete new game (Majus) and a new adventure module for TimeMaster! Good news. Thanks, guys.
seneschal

Postby petespahn » Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:36 pm

seneschal wrote:Looking over the discussion threads, it seems as if Goblinoid's Pacesetter Games titles aren't getting the love that perhaps they should. Since Labyrinth Lord is the flagship product I suppose it is logical that it is the most discussed. Mutant Future isn't far behind. But after the initial excitement, not much seems to be being said about TimeMaster, Rotworld, and Sandman. :( Anyone playing? What new Pacesetter system titles would Goblinoid fans like to see?

I guess my question is what does Pacesetter do that makes it special? Never heard of it before GG started republishing it. I know I could go download and read the system, but is there a basic primer around? I run a lot of zombie apocalypse adventures for my home group. If Pacesetter is a pick up and play kind of system I wouldn't mind statting them up for Rotworld. Also, I'd be interested in playing in a Rotworld pbp. I just don't frequent that forum so I must have missed the open call.

Pete
Small Niche Games
NEW: Tower of Boon Companions: A Swords & Wizardry WhiteBox adventure for 3rd-5th level characters.
Also check smallnichegames out on Google+
petespahn

Postby sniderman » Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:10 am

petespahn wrote:
seneschal wrote:
I guess my question is what does Pacesetter do that makes it special? Never heard of it before GG started republishing it. I know I could go download and read the system, but is there a basic primer around?

http://goblinoidgames.blogspot.com/2011 ... o-and.html

http://goblinoidgames.blogspot.com/2011 ... table.html
sniderman

Postby Herb » Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:54 am

I'll admit I'd like to see the two missing children come to GG. I realize Precis has Star Ace which I actually owned back in the day. I think the company that has Chill has pretty much given up on it. For all I know Dan is working it, especially with Chill which is only available through the second hand market or more nefarious means.

Another weird thing I'd enjoy, having been inspired by Majus is seeing a "Setting a Dark Pace" series. Yes, this would be Pacesetter games similar to the WW WoD, more old than new, but with the lightness in terms of rules and setting we've seen. Maybe not vampires but I'm somewhat inspired to find the old Chill book on playing monsters and developing some werewolf stuff. Not really WW inspired, but more based around the way the world is in the Kitty and Mercy Thompson series.

The advantage, for me, of Pacesetter is it's a fairly universal system whose pick up and play time is on par with LL/BX/ect versions of D&D. Really, you can a character going and explain the rules to a newbie in 10-20 minutes. In some ways I'd rather play Mage than Majus but I also have to think about what I can get people I know to try.

Not sure when I'm going with the insomnia posting here except to say I'm hoping to see more Pacesetter games, new or old.

PS. I love the fan/pro license idea.
Herb

Postby Goblinoid Games » Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:36 am

Thanks for the comments Herb! I'll post more about my plans as they move further along, but in the meantime if you want to help these games please promote them and the system generally, and the MAJUS Kickstarter so I can get that one out the door more easily and move to what's next.
Goblinoid Games
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Open Discussion