The Greater Caverns

greyarea's Labyrinth Lord game

Moderator: greyarea

Re: The Greater Caverns

Postby greyarea » Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:56 pm

These two friends of yours, their souls are my sustenance. I can hardly just return them, or else I'd need to replace them, with yours perhaps...

Hmmm. Or...

The dark form seems to think.

I have something else that I need. I have been trapped in this form for far too long, stuck here in this place for eons. I long to return to where I come from. You seem like able adventurers, perhaps we can trade. I need parts from a ship, alien to your world, but that would allow me to return to my own plane. I will allow your friends to return to their bodies if you seek out these parts for me. It seems that they would be more use with you than as food for me.

The black form shifts, as if awaiting reply.

Actions?

Hit points and marching order
Grimes -2/58 {Level 11 for [5d5] = 5 rounds} dead!
--Dandy 33/33 < CLWx6, Bless, Hold Person, Find Traps, Augury, Silence 15'r, Glyph of Warding, Remove Curse, Speak With the Dead, Protection from Evil 10' radius, CSW >
Castinus -6/34 dead!
--Furuk 59/59
Dieter 31/31 < Sleep, Lightning Bolt, Haste, Evard's Black Tentacles, Charm Monster >
--Acquaire
greyarea

Postby Spanningtree » Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:53 am

Dieter - Mage

Smiling a bit. Looking over at Dandy and Furuk. Always something.... I don't think we really have a choice, do we? Looking back to the menacing critter. I have heard of ships powered by mages of extreme power, able to move between the planes and what not. Bring them back and we'll find your ship. You will need to detail the location and what you are looking for... if I might venture a question: why do you not seek these parts yourself?
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin
Spanningtree

Postby greyarea » Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:29 pm

The being seems to chuckle, which ripples through the blackness in a way that confuses your eyes, as if tickled by Dieter's question.

Why seek them myself when I have leverage on you? Does a god not rely on her saints and angels? Does a king not use pawns and knights to win his land? Did the forces of Law not risk your lives to get the weapons they sought? What use is power if we cannot use it to control others?

Of course, what will drive you once I've revived your friends? What will ensure your loyalty?

I will sweeten the deal for you. These two betrayed certain feelings as I tasted their souls. The one called Shae? Get me what I ask and I will return her as well. She was never consumed by me and my prison corrupted her soul, made it unpalatable. I can remove that corruption but it is costly: a price I will pay for the components that I seek.

You wish for the Shae you once knew: I can give her to you.

Let that be your motivation.

Wisps of blackness, like smoke, emanate from the creature known as Blackrazor and fill the bodies of your friends. Their eyes flutter open. They ache but Castinus and Grimes are back.

Actions?

Hit points and marching order
Grimes 58/58 {Level 11 for [5d5] = 5 rounds} dead!
--Dandy 33/33 < CLWx6, Bless, Hold Person, Find Traps, Augury, Silence 15'r, Glyph of Warding, Remove Curse, Speak With the Dead, Protection from Evil 10' radius, CSW >
Castinus 34/34 dead!
--Furuk 59/59
Dieter 31/31 < Sleep, Lightning Bolt, Haste, Evard's Black Tentacles, Charm Monster >
--Acquaire

OOC: Let's give everyone 380,001 XP which should raise everyone to level 10 for this Expedition. Go ahead and make the changes and choose spells and then we'll do the transition to the next adventure. Should be fun. :)
greyarea

Postby Spanningtree » Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:23 pm

Dieter - Mage

Dieter will run over to Grimes and Castinus: Guys, are you feeling yourselves again?!?

OCC: Working on leveling Dieter, is it okay to x-fer his sheet over to Unseen? Easier to manage and all that. Sounds like a lot of fun coming up.
Spanningtree

Postby merias » Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:20 am

greyarea wrote:Wisps of blackness, like smoke, emanate from the creature known as Blackrazor and fill the bodies of your friends. Their eyes flutter open. They ache but Castinus and Dandy are back.

Dandy was dead???!!!??? :lol:

Dandy breathes a sigh of relief as his friends come back to life. "Aye, welcome back. Ye might be interested at what we're about ta agree to..."

OOC: Let's give everyone 380,001 XP which should raise everyone to level 10 for this Expedition. Go ahead and make the changes and choose spells and then we'll do the transition to the next adventure. Should be fun. :)

OK, Dandy is in! 5th level spells to boot! :).
merias

Postby greyarea » Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:25 am

Spanningtree wrote:OCC: Working on leveling Dieter, is it okay to x-fer his sheet over to Unseen? Easier to manage and all that. Sounds like a lot of fun coming up.

Sure. Campaign ID 108.

merias wrote:
greyarea wrote:Wisps of blackness, like smoke, emanate from the creature known as Blackrazor and fill the bodies of your friends. Their eyes flutter open. They ache but Castinus and Dandy are back.

Dandy was dead???!!!??? :lol:

Oops. Corrected. :)
greyarea

Postby badams30 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:13 am

Grimes - Fighter

Grimes sits up, glancing about with a confused look on his face. "Hey guys... did we win?" He is startled by the shadowy being, but regains his composure. He glances about looking for Wave, once he's reunited with his precious trident, he struggles to get to his feet.

As he sees Castinus in a similar state he shouts "CASTY! Are you okay?" As he shuffles over to Castinus. He pauses, checking to see if Acquire has made it unscathed.

OOC: Wow. Thanks guys. What a wild ride. Those powers that be better give us the Golden Cheeseburger medal or whatever for saving the world.
badams30

Postby Spanningtree » Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:06 am

Dieter - Mage

Ja, you fella's are alive... again!
We made a deal with a devil to bring the two of you back. We need to find some parts on some kind of ship wreck for him. In addition to restoring the two of you he also said he would bring Shae back once we get the parts in his hands. Dieter tries to smile while looking at Castinus, not sure how he is going to react.
Spanningtree

Postby tumblingdice » Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:11 pm

Spanningtree wrote:Dieter - MageDieter will run over to Grimes and Castinus: Guys, are you feeling yourselves again?!?

Castinus blinks his eyes a few times, then sits up. He looks down at his crotch. "Uh, no," he says in reply to Dieter's question, with a weak smile. "What happened?" He looks around for a few moments, bewildered. Seeing Shae's bloodied corpse, he scrambles to his feet as best he can. "Who are you?" he demands of the shadow. "What's going on? Could someone please hand me a drink?"

OC: I realize most of these questions have been answered, but Castinus has to react somehow.
Get thee to the dungeon. Get thee to the dungeon forthwith. Pass not the barbican. Amass not 200 GP.
tumblingdice

Postby Spanningtree » Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:08 pm

Dieter - Mage

Of course... Dieter will pull out his waterskin and hand it off to Castinus.
Spanningtree

PreviousNext

Return to Skull Mountain