Re: Bissel

Postby merias » Mon Aug 10, 2015 11:31 am

ooc: Dandy now has 38 HP

[1d6] = 4
merias

Postby badams30 » Mon Aug 10, 2015 12:25 pm

Grimes - Fighter

Grimes tosses 10 platinum (deducted) at the innkeep and says "That room sounds fantastic. And warm. We'll take it, and some food, baths and some laundry help, if you will."

Grimes winks at Dieter and plops on the floating disc "Thanks, Deets. Much better for us, uh, vertically challenged fellas." He looks at Aquaire and says "I promised to get you back to your people, I don't know how easy that's going to be, but I'll do whatever it takes. Is home close for you, here by the coast? If so, maybe Dandy can hammer a nice hole in the ice or something. But I'll get you back."

Grimes will hand 2 platinum (also deducted) to Crunch and says quietly, "Hey big fella, lots a' seafarers here, is there a shrine or somethin' to Poseidon in these parts? If so, can you tell me where? Thanks, buddy."

OOC: Grimes will get his stuff cleaned up, take a nice bath if possible, and then see about helping his new friend make it home if that's possible, and then find a place to pray if he can. Then of course, he'll follow the others to this meeting of the minds.
badams30

Postby greyarea » Mon Aug 10, 2015 3:26 pm

Crunch leads you to the room. It's a single that's been converted to a common room, with beds jammed in. There's a hot tub of water, a steaming kettle, and scrub brush near the roaring fire. He hands you the key. For the amount of money you gave to the 'tender, if you leave your clothes at the door we can have them washed. There's oil and rags for your armor and...um...tridents over there and a few books in the corner if you can read common. The bar is open all night. We ran out of fresh meat yesterday but have lots of salted fish and venison we can prepare, as well as root veggies and dried fruit if you want. For platinum, I think I can persuade the cook to actually make bread with the remaining flour rather than making you eat the hardtack we've been serving. That rope over there calls the front desk. We're busy so it may take a while but we'll get to you. Anything else you need?

At Grimes' question he strokes his chin. I'm not familiar with Poseidon, but it sounds like you're looking for Llŷr who is the sea god that the sailors and longshoremen visit. His shrine is in the Llys Dôn near the monastery. I'm guessin' that the clerics of Llŷr will be at the Llywelyn Monastery: since the sky's gone out all the clerics have been meeting there. I think they have an idea of what happened.
greyarea

Postby Spanningtree » Tue Aug 11, 2015 2:04 pm

Dieter - Mage

Dieter will toss a couple of pp into the mix for some bread and jump into the tub to scrub down. I never thought I would be so excited to take a bath.

OCC: 2 pp removed.
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin
Spanningtree

Postby merias » Tue Aug 11, 2015 2:39 pm

"One more thing Crunch, we won't be stayin' here forever, can we buy some of yer dried food for the road when it comes time?" Dandy says.

After cleaning his equipment, a decent meal and a good night's rest, Dandy will bundle up and head over to the Llywelyn Monastery with the others who want to go.
merias

Postby badams30 » Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:32 am

Grimes - Fighter

Grimes happily goes into the room and starts to remove his gear and gets cleaned up, taking time to oil his armor and weapons, and to lovingly polish Wave. He also will try to make a space for Acquaire that is private from everyone. With luck we can get her back to the ocean soon.

Once cleaned up, Grimes will gear up and head with the others to the temple to see if he can help with what's going on.
badams30

Postby Spanningtree » Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:28 pm

Dieter - Mage

Dieter will take a bath and when finished he will get ready to go out to the temple.
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin
Spanningtree

Postby Craigers07 » Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:59 am

Furuk - Fighter

Furuk removes his gear and takes his time cleaning up.

After a long bath, he sits down and performs some overdue maintenance on his weapons and armor.

When the others are ready, he will head to the temple with them.
Craigers07

Postby greyarea » Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:10 pm

Baths are taken and chores completed. It's been far too long since you've had a place like this. The beds are soft and warm and cozy and not a dungeon at all. A deep dreamless sleep embraces you all like lovers.

Perhaps ten hours later, a light knock is heard at the door. Crunch is there with a tray of food and drink and your washed clothing.

Standing behind the half-ogre is a tall, dark-skinned human, wearing colorful robes and a hat lined with fur. He looks at you with piercing eyes and says, I am Childs, cleric of Duberdicus. Crunch told me of your arrival yesterday when I came by to assess things. He told me that you were asking of the council that has been gathered at the Monastery. I can take you there if you'd like, I... he pauses and looks at Grimes and his trident. He murmurs, Wave. Then he blinks and shakes his head. You might be just who we've been looking for. As Chaos has frozen the sun and the heat death of the world is at stake, and as you have one of the items of ultimate power, you might very well be the answers to our prayers.

Come with me when you can. I will be waiting downstairs at the bar.
greyarea

Postby badams30 » Fri Aug 14, 2015 1:21 am

Grimes - Fighter

Grimes nods greetings to the priest and thanks Crunch for the grub, and when the priest mentions Wave Grimes can't help himself. "Yes, Sir. Looks like we dispatched that clod Acrerak just in time to get here to save the world once more. After this breakfast, of course. I hate to save civilization on an empty stomach." He winks at Dieter and says "Let's eat, boys!" And he starts to dive into the food, making sure his siren friend gets some as well.

OOC: That's right. Spider-Poseidon Halfling and the Unstoppable band of heroes. Time to save this dump yet again... Grimes will eat, say a quick prayer to Poseidon, make sure Acquaire is okay, then he'll prepare to go downstairs with the others.
badams30

PreviousNext

Return to Skull Mountain