Skull Mountain: The Island

greyarea's Labyrinth Lord game

Moderator: greyarea

Re: Skull Mountain: The Island

Postby badams30 » Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:16 am

Grimes - FIghter

Grimes casts an icy glance at the loudmouthed prisoners and says quietly to Gatto, "What'd the key-bearer look like, other than he was a lizard? Which way did he come from? And what can you tell me about this area? I give you my word that we'll come free you as soon as we have the means to open these locks.

Grimes will listen to whatever the gnome has to say, and then casts a glance at his comrades as if to say "What now?"
badams30

Postby greyarea » Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:59 am

Gatto replies, Look, I don't know where they are. They take the two guys through that door you came in to cook and they bring them back through that same door. I never leave this place. I think they are trying to weaken me before they let me work the kitchen. I'm too much gnome for 'em. He chortles to himself at that. I bet one of those two (nodding at the Karl and Theo) can tell you where they are.

Theo, upon hearing his name, voids his bladder. Karl just holds his bleeding mouth and moans.

Gatto continues: I wish I could tell you more but they took me in here under a sleep spell or knockout gas or something. Got in a fight in the gem mine, got zapped and woke up here. I've spent the last few days chained to this wall. These two jokers were already here and Greenstar appeared a day or so ago. The scalefaces liked to taunt us that they were going to sacrifice us to their Avatar, but I didn't take it seriously until they carted out Greenstar and said that he likes Elvish flesh.

Actions?
greyarea

Postby Craigers07 » Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:56 pm

"We may want to wait here until the lizardmen come to check up on them."

Furuk directors his attention to the prisoners. "How often do the lizardmen come by here?"
Craigers07

Postby Spanningtree » Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:28 am

Dieter - Mage

Elf flesh... hmmm. Yes, how often do the lizards come around?
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin
Spanningtree

Postby greyarea » Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:01 am

Theo: We just finished cooking an hour or two ago. I think we're done for the *OW*

Karl, kicking his fellow, hireling: Theo, why should we help them? Didn't you hear? They're just going to let us rot here.

Theo looks at the party members and then at his friend: Well, maybe they'll free us if we help them.

Karl, holding his bleeding mouth: The short one punched me for no reason. And I'm helpless in chains. I don't think they're gonna help us. I'm not sure they're any better than the lizardguys.

Theo: They are going to help the gnome.

Karl: Yeah, but he's a fighter. We're just henchmen. They don't care about us.

Theo, shows some resolve, although still in soaking breeches, and looks at Dieter and Furuk: I can tell you about the lizardmen but you gotta promise to help us escape. I mean, we've got families too.

Actions?

Hit points and marching order
Grimes 34/34
--Furuk 36/36
Dieter 18/18
--Dandy 23/23
Einar 11/11
greyarea

Postby Spanningtree » Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:17 am

Dieter - Mage

Dieter shrugs. Were not letting you go until we leave, it would risky for us to let you go now. Just tell us what we want to know, your not going to make us more friendly by withholding critical information.
Spanningtree

Postby badams30 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:33 am

Grimes - Fighter

Grimes dryly says "I have every intention of setting you all free. But do try to be men, won't you? All this talk of slinking off instead of taking the fight to those who've imprisoned you. Are you men, or mice? Mr. Gatto has sufficient fortitude to protect himself and rescue his comrade. How would your families feel if they found out you snuck out like common cowards and left others to die at the hands of these lizards? You make me sick." And leaning in toward Karl, Grimes says in a hoarse whisper "and if I hear the word short leave your lips again, I'll gouge out your eyes and leave two stinking pits in your worthless head. Do you hear me?"

He stares at bleeding Karl and Theo and shakes his head.
badams30

Postby Spanningtree » Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:15 pm

Dieter - Mage

Walking up to Grimes, Furuk, and Einar. He will whisper to them away from the riff raff: To our knowledge the way we came in is the way we'll go out. I'd like to know that the boat will be there when we leave. If we let these two go and they make it to the waterline they may very well find it. By the way, when serving guests unexpectedly assume 7.
Spanningtree

Postby greyarea » Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:21 pm

Karl, as Grimes gets close and makes his threat, releases his bowels. It adds little to the stench already in the room.

Theo: You promise you'll let us go, right? I mean, we don't want to rot in here. We don't want to die of starvation.

Gatto: I'll remind 'em. You won't get left.

Theo looks from Karl to Gatto to the party and back to Karl who nods his head and says through rapidly expanding lips: Tell them.

Theo says, Look. All I know is that if you go back through that door and take the other corridor, you will see two more doors before you get to the balcony. One is more like a gate, and that's where we work. The other door is like a door. I mean, it's not barred. I mean, it's a normal door. Nothing fancy or nothing. That's where they live. I think its two of them. I can't tell lizards from nothing. They both have the black scales and I sometimes hear what sounds like chanting or something from there. It's real creepy with all the hissing. I mean real creepy. Karl got a look in that room once and he said it ain't nothing special, like a bunch of grassy beds or something. The keys should be either in there or one of the scalefaces got em. I think there's only two.

That's all I know. Look, you're gonna let us go, right? We won't betray you or nothin, we just want to get out of this place. I mean, we don't want to be sacrifices for any Avatar or nothin. I'll even help carry your gear, if you get us out.

Actions?

Hit points and marching order
Grimes 34/34
--Furuk 36/36
Dieter 18/18
--Dandy 23/23
Einar 11/11
greyarea

Postby Craigers07 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:52 am

Furuk acknowledges Dieter's statement and nods in agreement with it.

He grows tired of the smell in the room and exits through the door. His sword is drawn and will stand guard until the others are ready.
Craigers07

PreviousNext

Return to Skull Mountain