I made a unique item for my character, what do you think?

For discussion of all things Labyrinth Lord.

I made a unique item for my character, what do you think?

Postby YamItheonly1 » Mon May 18, 2015 7:19 pm

So I made a new character for a Labyrinth Lord game named Seltus Khyber, Called Elf Friend. Seltus is armed with his family heirloom, an Elven steel Baskethilted Broadsword (a flavorful long sword). This weapon has an innate magical effect, anyone who tries to wield this sword in battle while not the heir to Khyber Keep and all of its lands and holdings will constantly lose their grip on the weapon. Game play wise if anyone tries to use the sword that isn't the heir of Khyber Keep, etc, etc, rolls a 10 or less on an attack roll, the sword leaves their hand and begins to roll away. When Seltus wields the weapon he only drops it on a roll of 5 or lower, because of his back story. The sword doesn't count as a magical weapon for attacking monsters that can only be hit by magical weapons, but if looked at with detect magic it has a very faint glow. An identify spell cast upon the sword will reveal that it once had a strong ownership spell cast upon it, also since the weapon is made of Elven Steel it is 1 pound lighter than a normal Broadsword. Other than what was stated above, the weapon acts as normal.

Seltus Khyber is the firstborn son of Lord Jospel Khyber, Called Elf Friend, lord of Khyber Keep, champion of Lord Jeremiah the Kings Champion, wielder of Bear's Bane the Battle Axe, etc and etc. One day while on a drunken hunt Lord Jospel speared the first born son of Lord Orion who was attending the hunt. Instead of letting his father die, Seltus agreed to become all but banished from the lands surrounding Khyber Keep. Seltus was allowed to keep his name, pedigree, and his coat of arms, but he could no longer use his family crest or further his own self with the help of family money or name to borrow money or services based solely off of name and promises. Lord Khyber's younger son, and Seltus' half brother (Seltus' mother died a year or so after his birth, so his father remarried) Samuel Khyber is the new heir to Khyber Keep and all of its lands and holdings. Seltus was also allowed to take with him 1 item of his choosing that would have originally been his birthright, with a blessing from his father and brother Seltus chose the family blade passed down for 5 generations. To accompany him on his travels his father gave him a maidservant named Harlem and a new squire named Quincy to train as an honorable knight and raise as a son.

The fact that Seltus is the true blood heir, but no longer recognized as the heir causes his family sword to conflict within itself, both trying to belong to a true heir and leaving an usurper/unworthy person's grasp.

hope you guys like it, YamI
[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
YamItheonly1

Re: I made a unique item for my character, what do you think

Postby bighara » Tue May 19, 2015 2:28 pm

A cool bit o' flavor for the item. :)
bighara

Return to Labyrinth Lord