[Dolmvay] Anyone published a version ?

For discussion of all things Labyrinth Lord.

[Dolmvay] Anyone published a version ?

Postby petespahn » Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:27 pm

I'm writing more on my Valnwall gazetteer and want to make sure I'm not doubling up on material that's already been covered.

Pete
Small Niche Games
NEW: Tower of Boon Companions: A Swords & Wizardry WhiteBox adventure for 3rd-5th level characters.
Also check smallnichegames out on Google+
petespahn

Re: [Dolmvay] Anyone published a version ?

Postby Goblinoid Games » Sun Jul 31, 2011 4:10 pm

I don't think Dolmvay has been covered in great detail, but even if it has you shouldn't feel like you can't create your own version.
Goblinoid Games
Site Admin

Postby petespahn » Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:01 am

Oh i know but I'd rather not compete with other LL publishers if at all possible.

Commissioned the Dolmvay map today for anyone who's interested.

Pete
Small Niche Games
NEW: Tower of Boon Companions: A Swords & Wizardry WhiteBox adventure for 3rd-5th level characters.
petespahn

Postby Kash » Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:03 am

I'm REALLY interested :mrgreen:
Kash

Postby redwullf » Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:34 pm

I'm also quite interested.
“The worthy GM never purposely kills players' PCs. He presents opportunities for the rash and unthinking players to do that all on their own.” E. G. G.
redwullf

Postby petespahn » Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:49 pm

Excellent! I'll be posting a preview of the map hopefully in the next few days. It's looking great so far.

Pete
Small Niche Games
petespahn

Postby GreyKatana » Sun Aug 07, 2011 4:31 pm

Cool, I'm currently running a hybrid LL/S&W Complete game in the Known Lands and would like to see your take on Dolmvay.
I've used Oone Game's The Great City map for this game and it worked really well (http://www.rpgnow.com/product_info.php?products_id=3376&it=1).

The player characters's action managed to make Duke Valnwall's guards look bad in the eyes of the population; which pushed the citizens to demand that the Paladins of the Order of the Silver Cross take charge of the city's security. Note that these paladins are more "Our way of seeing Law and Good is the right one." rather than "Let's be champions of Law and Good."
GreyKatana

Postby petespahn » Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:31 pm

Small Niche Games
petespahn

Postby prongbuck » Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:15 pm

My first reaction was I like it, it is a very nice map.

As I looked at it more I found the roads inside the city look like rail road tracks because of all the tiny black buildings. Have you tried printing the map? How do all those little buildings look when printed, do they become single blobs of black ink? My suggestion would be to try lumping more buildings together into larger black blocks.

Don't get me wrong, I like the map, I am just throwing out observations and ideas!
prongbuck

Postby petespahn » Sun Aug 21, 2011 2:54 pm

Hi prongbuck! Those courtyards are there on purpose. They're supposed to contain neighborhood gardens to help withstand a siege but in some areas like the slums they've turned into tent complexes. What you're describing will be more like the larger city state of Westport that I'll be detailing later.
Small Niche Games
petespahn

Next

Return to Labyrinth Lord