Again, into the Manor

greyarea's Labyrinth Lord game

Moderator: greyarea

Re: Again, into the Manor

Postby Fearghus » Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:52 am

Einar, Thief

The young thief thinks a moment, "Well, I was more focused on finding the lot of you, but I do recall a few things. If journeying from the room with the cooked troll to the north and west, there is a room with finest statue of a woman I have yet to see. A short trot north revealed the most horrendously smelly lizard-beast; I near heaved my ration". He turns away from the group, trying to picture the layout in his mind. He points with his right hand and continues, "Then to the south west, which is actually where I ventured first, I can upon an old room with a hole leading down. Where it ends I couldn't say as I didn't look. Alas, no riches were to be had so I had no choice but to continue my search for all of you. And ho! Here you are."

He turns to face the group, smiling. "I hope you didn't do anything too enjoyable without me".
Fearghus

Postby greyarea » Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:12 pm

The party is reunited with (or in Castinus' case, introduced to) Einar the thief. His new information helps the party map out their environs.

Where to now, blokes?

Actions?

Hit points and marching order
Grimes 31/46
--Furuk 46/51
Dieter 27/27
--Dandy 33/33
Castinus 29/29
--Shaelyyndenel 19/19 - stoned
Einar 11/11

I'm assuming Einar is taking Shae's spot in the rotation for now. Once Shae is "cured" you'll have to come up with a new marching order (unless you want to do that now).
greyarea

Postby badams30 » Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:32 pm

Grimes - FIghter

Grimes revels in the return of Einar, and then suddenly absorbs what he said. "Did you say LIZARDS?" A grimace crosses his face and Grimes, thinking back to Skull Mountain and all the hated lizards, gets that look again.

"I hate lizards. I really hate em.' What say we go chop em into little pieces, huh?"

OOC: Grimes is now preoccupied with killing lizards. If the party doesn't want to go after them, he's fine, but if we go back by them sometime, he will want to kill them all. Fair warning...
badams30

Postby tumblingdice » Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:03 pm

greyarea wrote:The party is reunited with (or in Castinus' case, introduced to) Einar the thief.

Oh good. I was wondering why I had no idea who Einar was. :oops: I guess Castinus wouldn't have either, and should have reacted differently. Instead, he rolls his eyes at Grimes' comments, and then says to Einar, exasperated, "That statue of a beautiful woman was my friend!"
Get thee to the dungeon. Get thee to the dungeon forthwith. Pass not the barbican. Amass not 200 GP.
tumblingdice

Postby Spanningtree » Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:44 pm

Dieter - Mage

Picking at something between his teeth: Yes, the lizards must be eradicated before moving farther. Grimes will suss them out with little difficulty I am sure. Dieter is ready to do some reptile hunting.
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin
Spanningtree

Postby greyarea » Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:36 pm

How will you get there? Via #32 and down the hall you've yet to explore? Or past #29 (and Shae)? Or by some other route?
greyarea

Postby Fearghus » Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:56 pm

Einar, Thief

Einar motions to the tunnel that leads south west, "I passed through a hidden door in the wall a short distance down that hall. It leads to a room that opens near the chamber from which it seems is the center of this place". He begins to walk in that direction, "Come. I'll show you".

ooc: that would take them back to the room with the dead troll and up that L shaped tunnel: 28 to 24 to the L over 29.
Fearghus

Postby badams30 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:59 am

Grimes - Fighter

Grimes gets a very satisfied grin at Deiter's support of his lizard hunt idea. And he nods at Einar, stage whispering at him "Oh yeah, that stoned beauty was ol' Castinus' squeeze. She had the hots for me, but she was a bit icy. We're gonna get her unstoned when we leave." His smile fades when he sees Castinus, and he winks and says "No worries, Castie, we're gonna get yer woman all better. Once I kill some stink lizards. Now let's go! The way Einar says!"

OOC: And awaaaaay we go. Grimes has his sword out, ready to kill stinky guys. Clearly, he hasn't given the stink part much thought, nor the special precautions he might take, cause' that's not his style.
badams30

Postby greyarea » Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:46 pm

The party passes the room with Shae blocking the door. You stand at the hallway as it turns north. The stench from that direction is almost unbearable. Theo, one of the torchbearers, pukes, which doesn't help. Peering down you can't see any lizards, or really anything in this light.

Actions?
greyarea

Postby badams30 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:34 pm

Grimes - Fighter

Grimes shakes his head, making a pained facial expression... "Damn lizards. Stink. Ugh." He'll try to press forward, being mindful of the condition of his colleagues. If the party starts to get too sick, we probably should withdraw, lest something bad happen...
badams30

PreviousNext

Return to Skull Mountain