Bissel

greyarea's Labyrinth Lord game

Moderator: greyarea

Re: Bissel

Postby greyarea » Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:03 pm

Yes, I've heard tales that it has a strong influence on the weak minded. Perhaps he that wielded it was not strong enough to resist its influence.

No matter, it is lost and you have Wave and Whelm. As you say you are willing, we would like it if you could leave as soon as possible.

We can provision you, and give you healing draughts for your journey. Here is a map of the region. The Lost Caverns of Tsojcanth are said to be at one of the six locations on this map but we know not which.

There are others we have asked to go in search of it. We have heard not from any of them, but if you should encounter them and they have the Heart, please guide them back to us. We thought we would have to try to shatter it here. However you, with your items of power, you should be able to smash the Heart where you find it.
greyarea

Postby Spanningtree » Sat Aug 22, 2015 10:01 pm

Dieter - Mage

Taking the map: Fair enough, we will leave on the morrow. If you have it I would think two draughts per person would be sufficient and fair.
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin
Spanningtree

Postby tumblingdice » Sun Aug 23, 2015 12:14 pm

Castinus sighs. "That's a lot of mountains," he grumbles. "Plenty of places for a cavern to lose itself."
OC: I'm happy to go. Just playing up Casty's age. :)
Get thee to the dungeon. Get thee to the dungeon forthwith. Pass not the barbican. Amass not 200 GP.
tumblingdice

Postby badams30 » Sun Aug 23, 2015 2:40 pm

Grimes - Fighter

Looking at the map and all the possible destinations, Grimes sighs. "Is it this cold everywhere? Thanks for the healing, that's perfect. We probably need some cold weather gear too."

Grimes is fine with the arrangements, the only other thing he'll do is find some time to pray to Poseidon, and possibly chat with the halflings in the attendance.
badams30

Postby Spanningtree » Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:52 pm

Dieter - Mage

I'd like to see if I can get some additional spells for my book of mayhem. Maybe get some charges for my staff. He will say with a weary shrug. Yeah, it's gonna be a long, cold search.
Spanningtree

Postby greyarea » Mon Aug 24, 2015 1:39 am

A druid looking like a part of the forest itself, appears from the group. He produces a rod. Please return this to me: this is a Rod of Temperature Control. It won't help against cold magic or extremes, but it should keep you from freezing on your trek. One of you will need to hold it up, like a torch, for it to work, but it will keep it warmer for twenty feet around itself. The wind will get through, of course, but it will really help when you're making shelter for the night and to keep your shelter warm. If, no when, you return, please bring it to the Sevens Forest just out southeast of Bissel and give it to any woodland creature to give to Rhosgobel. That's me, if you hadn't guessed.

Someone is sent to get healing potions and another comes with a measure of pemmican and hardtack for your journey, enough to last a month you'd wager.

A few from the mages guild are able to provide most spells for Dieter, if he wishes them. Five have the ability to cast Wish to recharge his staff (and all are amazed that you have one, and are eager to examine it), but must wait until the next day to memorize the spell -- five more charges will be added to the staff.

A dwarf replies to Castinus' grumbling that he agrees, and that he isn't even sure how up to date the map is, but it's the best they've got.

Zissou takes Grimes aside and tells him that he can lead him in prayers to Poseidon. His own deity is close to the sea god and he is familiar with the rituals. A female halfling cleric also joins you, making small conversation as you go off to pray. She tells him that it seems to be this cold all over the world and that all life could die soon if you cannot shatter the Heart. Grimes is saddened that her order is chaste, as she is quite cute.
greyarea

Postby Spanningtree » Mon Aug 24, 2015 4:09 am

Dieter - Mage

Dieter will take the heat thing if no-one else wants to schlep it.

Dieter will take the mages up on the following spells:

Slow
Charm Monster
Dimension Door
Evard's Black Tentacles
Polymorph Other

He graciously accepts the recharging of the staff a bit. Thank you, that should help a bit...

Dieter is also going to rethink his spell load out. I'll get that updated shortly.
Spanningtree

Postby merias » Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:24 am

Dandy, Dwarf Cleric

Dandy thanks the assembled dignitaries and looks to escape to the temple proper, where he can pray to Belenus for a complement of spells for the journey.

ooc: will update the spell list when I have a look
merias

Postby badams30 » Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:02 pm

Grimes - Fighter

Grimes gives his regards to the druid for the cosmic furnace he has loaned us. Then he will spend some time with Zissou and the halfling cleric praying to Poseidon, asking for blessings on this quest and for strength over our foes.

Grimes will quietly ask Zissou and the halfling cleric if they could assist Acquaire in his absence, making sure she can get back to her people or keeping her comfortable until such time as she can be reunited with her people. "I've promised her and Poseidon that she'd get back home, and she did her best to help us out, so she deserves as much. I would be indebted for your help."

Other than praying to Poseidon, Grimes will bid Acquire farewell, telling her where he's going and that hopefully the others will assist her in getting home or being cared for until we destroy this source of cold.

Once that's all done, Grimes is anxious to depart and kill more evil stuff.
badams30

Postby greyarea » Tue Aug 25, 2015 1:11 am

Acquire's eyes brim with tears when Grimes tells her to stay. I could come with you. I'm not defenseless, you know, and am good in a fight. And the cold doesn't affect me: I'm used to the icy depths.
greyarea

PreviousNext

Return to Skull Mountain