looking to web publish some scenarios

This forum is for publisher introductions, particularly for publishers who are licensees of Goblinoid Games' titles, but other publishers of relevant products are also welcome. This area will replace the publisher forums below by April 5th 2011.

looking to web publish some scenarios

Postby darkveil » Mon May 21, 2012 8:16 pm

Hi

I currently have a small gamesystem, sourcebook and scenario self published on a website that I sell a small handful of items on. I mainly wrote my own system because I was an old-school AD+Der from waaaay back in the 80's and I was dismayed by the move towards more complex but less fun systems.

My publishing dried up last year after getting a rather heavy job, but I am now free to continue again and I came across this site. For the last couple of months I have been considering splitting the system from the sourcebook so that the sourcebook is agnostic and then publish the scenarios in different systems as I think the scenarios are good, intelligent and well written.

I was almost prepared to try out the newer DnD systems (even though I did not like them) then someone told me about this site. WOW!

So to the meat of it.

I am looking for someone to collaborate with to convert the 4 initial scenarios I have into Labyrinth Lord system for sale at a modest fee (I usually charge 2UKP per scenario) as it is a long time since I have played these types of systems.

I am also interested if someone would like to discuss other publishing ideas.

Thanks all for listening

Iain

www.theblight.org
darkveil

Re: looking to web publish some scenarios

Postby shart2069 » Wed May 23, 2012 4:45 pm

You might want to ask at the Dragonsfoot forums as well:

http://www.dragonsfoot.org/forums/index.php

A lot more traffic there.

I'd suggest either "Simulacrum Games" section or maybe also the "Classic D&D" section.

Good luck.
BLOG: https://almostoldschool.wordpress.com/

http://www.meetup.com/Hudson-Valley-Labyrinth-Looters/

"There are three objectives in D&D: collecting treasure, gaining experience points and, most importantly, staying alive." - What is Dungeons & Dragons? p.86
shart2069

Postby darkveil » Thu May 24, 2012 3:09 pm

Thanks - I will give it a try
darkveil

Postby darkveil » Thu May 24, 2012 3:11 pm

Hi Knightvision - sorry cant seem to PM so I am replying in the forum.

I am open to anything really.

Initially I was looking at getting some help converting to a different game system, but I am also interested in help with/collaaboration in web publishing.

Iain
darkveil

Postby knightvision » Thu May 24, 2012 7:35 pm

ok, I thought you needed help with layout or just converting monsters etc. email is jim (at) knightvisiongames (dot) com :)
Website/blog: Knightvisiongames.com
KVG produces Labyrinth Lord adventure modules. Check out the blog and Twitter feed to stay connected.
Twitter: @kvgames
knightvision

Return to Publishers