Compiled Labyrinth Lord Poll

For discussion of all things Labyrinth Lord.

Would you like LL and AEC compiled in one volume or two volumes?

One volume
78%
Two volumes (separate player's handbook)
15%
No preference
7%

Total votes : 104

Re: Compiled Labyrinth Lord Poll

Postby Eldrad » Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:00 pm

Keep BOTH options of Race as Class and the more Advanced Options.
Eldrad

Postby Blood axe » Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:23 pm

Eldrad wrote:Keep BOTH options of Race as Class and the more Advanced Options.

If both LL & AEC are in the book, then both options will be there.
To defend: This is the Pact.
But when life loses its value,
and is taken for naught -
then the Pact is to Avenge.
Blood axe

Postby GreyKatana » Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:35 am

One BOOK! With everything combined.
And with johnnybleu's awesome art (http://www.goblinoidgames.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2119) as a bonus :D
GreyKatana

Postby Omote » Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:51 am

Goblinoid Games wrote:
Wizardawn wrote:Dan, are you going in the direction of an "Advanced Labyrinth Lord" where the rules just use the AEC stuff or are you looking to take LL and AEC and make it one "total" book (basic and advanced in one)?

My assumption was that people wanted LL and AEC combined, race-classes and all. In either case LL and AEC would remain in print as separate books.

This is also what I'm looking for! I want the option to play racial classes -OR- race-with-class. Of course, I hope that the layout of this single awesome tome of awesomeness would be modified slightly to make it feel like one book. For example, all of the monsters would be of both volumes would be intergrated with each other, alphabatized. The same goes with the magic tables. Use the tables from the AEC, and disregard the dublicates. Please incorporate all errata. Oh my gosh, would there be new cover art? PLEASE Keep the same black and white style of Steve Zieser! Oh man, this is going to be so awesome!!!

~O
Omote

Postby Wulfgar22 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:57 pm

Omote wrote:
Oh my gosh, would there be new cover art? PLEASE Keep the same black and white style of Steve Zieser! Oh man, this is going to be so awesome!!!

~O

+1. I'd also like a new Steve Zeiser b&w cover!!
Wulfgar22

Postby GreyKatana » Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:26 pm

I must be one of the few who really has some difficulties liking Steve Zeiser's art.
That said, from what I've read, Dan has never mentionned that he'd change the art style for the combined book. So we can assume that he'll keep the Zeiser art/style.
I just wanted to point out that some people wouldn't be against an art change and that some would be willing to help (as johnnybleu said in the other thread) or pay extra for such an art change.

Also I'd be pretty happy too with a Mark Allen LL+AEC (http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_DSs2bX13hVc/TIk8EHx1tII/AAAAAAAAChI/hF2FjUx2jxI/s1600/store_poster_small.jpg).
GreyKatana

Postby Omote » Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:31 am

The current printings of LL and AEC are special, in the regard that the presentation (art, layout, font) is unique and feels like it's own game. Even though the rules are similar to B/X, the overall trade dress of LL and AEC really make the game pop. The layout and art present a unified game that really stands out from the rest of the OSR crowd, and even the other big publishers. I hope that Dan P. sticks with Zieser for the new cover artwork to keep the books in the same "family."

That being said, I wouldn't be dissappointed if the cover art was changed completely, as long as the interior artwork was likewise changed. The old Rules Cyclopedia was essentially a complilation of BECMI, but the single volume version of the game changed the cover artwork as well as the interior art. For better or for worse, the look of the Rules Cyclopedia was unique to that family of games.

If I had a vote, stick with the Steve Zieser style of black and white. It's easier to do, and will look good. Plus, I need my copy to look good around my official Labyrinth Lord GM screen!

~O
Omote

Postby GreyKatana » Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:06 am

I understand, and agree that it would need to be more than juste a cover change, but a whole complete art change, otherwise it would look weird. Thought I find Mark Allen stuff could mix pretty well with Steve Zeiser's art but that's my humble opinion.

I must say that the art on the LL screen warms me up a bit to Zeiser's art style. But man I can't get over the Cleric in the core book. Especially since I loved the old cleric (as my avatar points out).
GreyKatana

Postby by_the_sword » Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:06 am

If Goblinoid Games publishes a one-volume book with the AEC and basic rules combined, I would definitely buy it. If they publish a two or more volume set, I would buy them but not right away... maybe not for many months.

I would do this because, even though I already have the PDFs of both books, the physical copies of both books and I haven't yet had the opportunity to play Labyrinth Lord and I probably won't find a group of people in my area who would give it a shot, I would do it to support this game. I appreciate what Goblinoid has done by releasing Labyrinth Lord and I live vicariously through the tales and session recaps of those who actually get to play the game.
by_the_sword

Postby GreyKatana » Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:20 pm

by_the_sword you should try finding a group on roll20.net or try play-by-post.
GreyKatana

PreviousNext

Return to Labyrinth Lord