Skull Mountain: The Shrine

greyarea's Labyrinth Lord game

Moderator: greyarea

Re: Skull Mountain: The Shrine

Postby Spanningtree » Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:26 pm

Dieter - Mage

No need for more violence here, there has been quite enough already. Gesturing to the cart. We have a fallen comrade from engagements in skull mountain. We wish to seek the help of the church. Either divine energy will bring him back to us or they can assist with last rights. Can you point us in the right direction?
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin
Spanningtree

Postby greyarea » Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:15 pm

The head guard looks over the mage with a practiced eye. "What's all this about Skull Mountain? I don't know anything about that place, 'cept we're to keep clear of it. I'm sorry about your fallen comrades but unless you have some proof that you're doing Sir Taris' work, we will have to take a look at those bodies. You can tell all the stories you want, but there ain't to be no killing here in Wolford, and we aim to keep that peace."

As the guard makes for the cart, the others in his cohort raising their crossbows once again, another group of patrol guards rounds the corner. They see your group and the showdown taking place. The head guard looks familiar to you and as he speaks you know why.

"Hey guys thanks for bringing in those -- what'd ya call them, cultists? We found out that they part of that group what's been terrorizing the farmers in Sir Taris' land. We sure are glad you brought them in." He looks at the other head guard. "Hey Charlie, what are you doin'? These guys are a bunch of heroes."

The guard approaching the wagon (Charlie?) stops and looks over to his fellow. "These jokers was harrasin' an old lady, Joe. And they say they got dead bodies in their cart."

Joe replies, "Well, they ain't bad guys: they probably lost their friends when they got those bandits they brought in. Can't ya see they're in front of the seneschal's place? They got business here."

Charlie ponders this for a minute. He then turns to Dieter and says, "You asked about the church? The Shrine of Saint Garth is over there but there ain't no way they're open this time o night. I suggest you try in the morning. In the meantime, I guess you should bring that cart to the tower for safekeeping, so you don't have to worry bout no graverobbers or nuttin."

The rest of the guard lowers their crossbows and Charlie looks at you as if waiting for you to follow him.
greyarea

Postby badams30 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:24 pm

Grimes - Fighter

Grimes casts a glance at Dandy and Wulfric and says quietly, "that could have ended badly."
Grimes will follow the group wherever they go, assuming Wulfric does.
badams30

Postby Spanningtree » Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:22 pm

Dieter - Mage

That may not be a bad idea Charlie. Let me confer with my friends since we all have a stake in this. He will huddle up with the entire party. I'm not sure what is exactly in that wagon beyond the corpse. Maybe we take a look before giving them charge of the wagon? Or, maybe we make an excuse to camp on the edge of the city... some kinda Druid belief?
Spanningtree

Postby greyarea » Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:29 pm

OOC: Corpses (plural) -- both Cygus the druid and Maeglin the mage-thief are in there, neither faring too well. There is also the silver, I imagine, plus the other articles "liberated" from the band of brigands who accosted you on your way back from the mountain.

Also note that it is quite late: 10PM or so -- business has been closed for some time now (other than the two inns) and the streets are mainly populated with guards, drunks, at least one old woman, and probably thieves, ruffians and other ne'er-do-wells. And so far today you've fought off an entire cadre of bandits and walked a good dozen miles (at least).
greyarea

Postby Spanningtree » Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:02 pm

Dieter - Mage

Right then, he will say to Charlie, that is a very generous offer and we would like to take you up on it. Lead the way... Once they get to the tower Dieter will go through the items in the cart to see of there is anything of immediate value before releasing the cart to the guards for the night. Thank you very much for looking after our friends. He will say to them as he leaves. Were off to the inn for a late respite and some sleep, he will say to Wulfric and Grimes, you should join us.

OCC: Please let me know the cost of a night at the inn that includes meals. Dieter will hit his spellbook during the evening.
Spanningtree

Postby badams30 » Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:53 am

Grimes - Fighter

"Thanks, I think I will join you all. It has been a very long day." Grimes will accompany the band to whatever Inn they end up at, and prepare to call it a night.
badams30

Postby greyarea » Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:42 pm

Continuing on...

Those remaining follow the cart, lead by the mule following the patrol. You are lead to the Tower, which is just a three-story thing, no great edifice, with a locked, gated area behind. It is into this area that te cart is lead. The mule is content with the straw and dank water at the end of the way, and the cart needs not be even unhitched.

"Your cart will be secure here, under watch of the town guard. Tomorrow, you can pick it up to take your friends to the Shrine."

He then points you to The Rat and Pig and you head to the Inn. The inn is quiet, the main eating hall nearly empty as the kitchen has been cold for a few hours now. You see a few characters up, some chatting, others smoking, mostly in groups although there are two alone. They watch you for a bit and then turn away.

The innkeeper remembers most of you from the last time you were here. He tells you that he has only two rooms available tonight but he is glad to give them both to the party. They are across from each other on the second floor. If you're truly starving, he can rustle up some cold meat and warm ale for you. The rooms are 2GP each for the night, and he cares not how you divide the payment among yourselves so long as you pay. It may seem steep but you'll get a hot breakfast come morn. If you don't like the price then "you can stay in that outhouse known as The Pikeman across the way. Best sleep with one eye open there."

It is very late and you are all very tired from the day's events.
greyarea

Postby badams30 » Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:20 pm

Grimes - Fighter

Grimes will toss the innkeep 5GP for the rooms, and ask him if he could bring him something to eat.
To the party: "Thanks for the hospitality, the rooms are on me."
badams30

Postby Spanningtree » Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:27 pm

Dieter - Mage

Many thanks, Grimes! On the morn we'll get the cart back and make out way to the church to see what can be done about our friends. From there we can also stop by the bank and see if we can get some gold from this paper that I have. From there, back to the skull. Dieter will eat with his comrades and then study his spell book by the fire light. Eventually he will make his way upstairs to one of the rooms. He'll find a spot on the floor and get some sleep.

OCC @ GM: Spells updated.
Spanningtree

PreviousNext

Return to Skull Mountain