S&S2e guest-GM event

Post your online or in person gamer meetups here! Post here if seeking to start a game.

S&S2e guest-GM event

Postby Lubidius » Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:45 am

Hello S&S fans. Just a heads up that we are running a G+ community based S&S2e event which you are welcome to participate in as drop-in GMs or drop-in Players:
https://plus.google.com/communities/100273923088151184440

It is a Star Trek : The Original Series event (obviously) where each GM drops in as a quest "writer" for a new "episode" within a new "season" of the original series.

We'll try to stick within Memory Alpha wikia 'canon' as a base. (I'll use the term loosely so as not to get into a Trekkie debate :))

We are starting off using the USS Excaliber (NCC-1664) as a base of operations, but otherwise, anything goes guest "writer" wise for each session. And yes we realize she had her crew killed in the original series <insert hand wave here>. Try and approach it as a GM as if you were literally writing for the original series*, including what levels of production value you would have to contend with at the time. Our goal is to give GMs the opportunity to literally write their favorite "style" of Star Trek episode. When you look back at the original series, there were many different "genres" of writing if you will included. We are shooting for that "uniqueness" of each episode here.

There is no set day/time for sessions yet. Each guest GM will set the day/time per their preferred schedule.

Regards,
Peter Robbins
Lubidius

Re: S&S2e guest-GM event

Postby gentleman john » Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:11 pm

Maybe an obvious question, but how are people planning on running events? Google hangouts? Text chats? Skype? Or is it just whatever goes?
gentleman john

Postby Lubidius » Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:59 am

G+ Hangouts. The founding GMs of the community have utilized G+ Hangouts for about a year now to much success. We can help any guest GMs that want to partake in the event to get familiar with how they work well ahead of their planned session ; if you want to do a tech test if you will. It is very easy to use, supports 1GM + 6Players solidily. Occasional (but rare) drops of players, but they easily can get back in and normally that droppage only happen once, tops (90% of the time that is an ISP problem on their local end*). Anyhow, we swear by G+ Hangouts now.
Lubidius

Postby gentleman john » Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:50 pm

That's what I was afraid of. I checked the profiles for the people involved, and the five to six hours time difference between us puts me out of the running. Good luck with the games, though.
gentleman john

Postby Lubidius » Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:33 am

If you recruit locally or via another method of play (Skype or whatever method you want) and want to at least "tie it in" to the community (reporting wise on the public G+ site) you can of course be our guest in that respect. I don't want to hamstring folks that want to be involved in some way, tangentially or otherwise. I just wouldn't have a good means to advertise for you if you don't use G+ Hangouts, as most folks within G+ use them instead of other IM or VTT software. We have one GM that is UK-based* (Shawn on our community member list). Keep an eye on the community in case a GMT centric Euro time-zonish GM pops into the fray. I'll post again here if I see anyone that fits that bill for you zone-wise.
Lubidius

Postby gentleman john » Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:41 am

Thanks for the offer. If I find any I'll try and return the favour.
gentleman john

Return to Gamer Gatherings