8. The Ruins of Xitaqa

Moderator: tumblingdice

Re: 8. The Ruins of Xitaqa

Postby kipper » Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:20 pm

Old Anja (Shaman)

Anja will donate her *ENTIRE* share of the treasure haul to the homeless Traladarians. ((OOC: Would prefer to hand-wave this rather than RP the nitty gritty details)).
kipper

Postby badams30 » Mon Jun 22, 2015 4:28 pm

kipper wrote:Old Anja (Shaman)

Anja will donate her *ENTIRE* share of the treasure haul to the homeless Traladarians. ((OOC: Would prefer to hand-wave this rather than RP the nitty gritty details)).

Yeah, I don't want to bog this down. Athelstan will donate his share as well, whatever keeps the party going...
badams30

Postby greyarea » Mon Jun 22, 2015 4:47 pm

Tret replies to Athelstan. You sound like those that run the Black Eagle: forcing others to do your will. I'm free and I've earned my keep to where I am now. If I give to others, it's my choice, not yours.

He looks the fighter up and down and spits at his feet. Seems when they sheared you they took your manhood and not just part of your cloak.

He leaves the room.
greyarea

Postby badams30 » Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:47 pm

Athelstan - Fighter

As Tret storms off, Athelstan shrugs and says wearily "Call me what you will, my actions have been for the benefit of these unfortunates, and I am not motivated by coin nor magics. We are barely better than those who robbed these people if we keep this coin, and I'd think with all we've been through ourselves and on behalf of this family here that we'd be able to see this. What say all of you? Let's settle this quickly, and get on with things. I am sorry that I brought this up now."

OOC: Don't want to belabor this... looks like Athelstan has inherited the mantle of anger from Dieter. Heck, I didn't even shoot the guy... sheesh... Want to vote on this and just be done with it? We need to make a decision, as that's a LOT of coin to tote around, and if we leave it here, it's going to draw attention...
badams30

Postby kjc » Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:53 pm

Jörg - Fighter
Holding up a gold coin, Jörg examines it. "This coin is small thing. Will it break us? We have done mighty deeds. We have slain many enemies. We have shed blood. Some have died. Some are cursed... This small thing, this coin, what does it bring? More civilization? More greed? Not for Jörg! I have my axe! I need only to FIGHT, to FEED, and to FU..." , quickly glancing at the women and children present,"...and to FROLIC!" Jörg then slings the coin away in anger. Grabbing a mug, he sullenly walks out, rubbing his forehead in pain."Too many words, now Jörg's head hurt!"
"This looks like a place we've never been to before!"
-My five-year-old son
kjc

Postby greyarea » Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:14 pm

Tret calls from the other room, Then give me your coin, Jörg. We ever get back to Kelvin and I'll show you where you can find frolic. You'll find the value of coin then!
greyarea

Postby Spanningtree » Tue Jun 23, 2015 6:30 pm

Soldath - Mage

I'll give them a quarter of what is coming to me. I don't partake in these deeds for the excitement, I do wish to retire at some point.
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin
Spanningtree

Postby saalaria » Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:47 pm

Tethir - Elf, Peacemaker?

"How about something in the middle ? He says give all, he says give none. How about we keep half and give half away. Then no one is happy and its all fair?"

Tethir gladly accepts any healing to get him back to full health.

He will carouse tamely for a while then retire to study the captures spellbook.
saalaria

Postby badams30 » Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:14 pm

Athelstan - Fighter

Athelstan shrugs and smiles at Tethir's suggestion. "That is fine with me, I just want to see that some of this ends up in the hands of those whom it will help or who had it stolen from them. Whatever illicit or wholesome uses we devise for our coin concerns me not."

OOC: That sounds as good as anything. Athelstan will prob keep just a small bit of gold to pay for some living expenses, and donate most of his haul to the homesteaders.
badams30

Postby tumblingdice » Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:46 pm

saalaria wrote: Then no one is happy and its all fair?"

Reminds me of one of a quote from My Fair Lady:

Make a plan and you will find,
She has something else in mind.
And, so rather than do either,
You do something else that neither likes at all.

Oh, Henry Higgins. You pompous son of a gun.
Get thee to the dungeon. Get thee to the dungeon forthwith. Pass not the barbican. Amass not 200 GP.
tumblingdice

PreviousNext

Return to Night's Dark Terror