Mutant Settlement Generator

For Discussion of all things Mutant Future (especially spidergoats).

Mutant Settlement Generator

Postby Wizardawn » Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:14 am

I renamed the Wasteland Settlements tool to the newer Mutant Settlements (or Settlements, Mutant for sorting purposes). This was to simply reflect that it was to make a settlement for post-apocalyptic games and not necessarily a "wasteland". Anyway, the code has been greatly cleaned up from what it was and now you can do some "game specific" settlements for Mutant Future. It now lets you generate a ruler and law enforcement officials. You can do the settlement with or without the map. You can also set a % chance a store will be stocking all/some of the items available. If you have your own currency abbreviation...you can set that as well (like gp or $). You can set whether stores carry low tech or high tech items (or a mix of both). This tool is a very easy way to make that starting location for your post-apocalyptic games...where characters may return to and rest, trade goods, or get new quests.
Wizardawn

Re: Mutant Settlement Generator

Postby S'mon » Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:17 pm

Good stuff - I was wondering, is there a tool or resource for creating a complete Mutant Future sandbox, or a list of links to pre-made sandboxes?
S'mon

Postby Wizardawn » Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:57 pm

S'mon wrote:Good stuff - I was wondering, is there a tool or resource for creating a complete Mutant Future sandbox, or a list of links to pre-made sandboxes?

I don't think there is anything, for any tabletop rpg, that makes a complete sandbox you may be describing. If you are really a game master trying to keep the prep time down to a minimum, try recycling maps of different games. Search Google images land maps like for Wasteland, Fallout, or Gamma World. Take whatever world/land map you find and use it for whatever you want. Then you can use the settlement generator to make your towns/cities and then if you need a quick adventure, go here...

LINK

...and make a quick adventure that takes place in a ruined city or crashed spaceship. Maybe even an old warehouse or bunker. The tools I make are just to help with the heavy lifting of making adventures. They randomly use as many bits as possible from the rule books but just don't take them and run with it. Add your own story about the generated adventure and why the characters need to go there. Add a main enemy into one of the rooms or an oddball artifact that they must find.
Wizardawn

Postby S'mon » Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:20 pm

I was thinking about keyed hex wilderness maps, Wilderlands of High Fantasy style. I did do a Mutant Future one for southern California that I'm reasonably happy with, and used for a PBP on rpgnet:

Potentially I could use your ruins generator for detailing eg the ruins of Los Angeles, which could be cool. 8-) And possibly your Mutant Settlement generator for help with the habitations.
S'mon

Return to Mutant Future