Through the Never

greyarea's Labyrinth Lord game

Moderator: greyarea

Re: Through the Never

Postby badams30 » Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:27 am

Grimes - Fighter

Grimes shakes his head and shouts at the fleshy guardians: "Move it now, or we'll be makin' short work of ya."

He'll stand by to see what happens. If the group advances, so does he, and he'll attack one with Wave if they don't withdraw.

Yeah, those car seats are a bear. And I hear you on the small car not working anymore. We got rid of my little Buick and bought a Grand Cherokee (they can fit three car seats across the second row. So now I'm driving the old Saturn Outlook (AKA "The Family Truckster.") I miss my little car...
badams30

Postby Spanningtree » Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:37 pm

Dieter - Mage

I wonder if there is a command word to make them stand down... trying to engage one of the recently turned to flesh columns: Hello, we wish to pass. I hopes they have enough intellect to engage in limited conversation.

Thankfully we only need one seat, our car is still super tight if we take extended trips though. Stroller, bags and such. We used to have a Ford Excursion that I sold back when gas was approaching $5.00/gallon (it got 8 miles/gallon), I'm kinda wishing we kept it at this point, 4x4 and enough room for a small army.
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin
Spanningtree

Postby Craigers07 » Thu May 01, 2014 4:48 am

Furuk - Fighter

Furuk waits to see how the fleshy columns react to conversation.
Craigers07

Postby greyarea » Thu May 01, 2014 3:38 pm

The caryatid columns wait patiently. They do not respond to speech at all.
greyarea

Postby badams30 » Thu May 01, 2014 4:26 pm

Grimes - Halfwit Fighter

Grimes grows impatient and says "Move aside, I'm coming through." And he starts to approach with Wave out and ready. If they make a move toward him, he'll poke the closest one.
badams30

Postby Spanningtree » Thu May 01, 2014 6:59 pm

Dieter - Mage

I'm fairly certain that if we get much closer they will attack, we could back off and I'll blast the entrance with fire... or if everyone is feeling like some melee we could just go that way... not the quietest entrance, that is for sure.
Spanningtree

Postby greyarea » Fri May 02, 2014 4:39 pm

Grimes approaches the caryatid columns and they suddenly take an interest in him. They don't do anything until he is obviously intent on entering, at which point they attack (just Grimes as he is the only one approaching).

INITIATIVE baddies [1d6] = 6 party [1d6] = 5

Caryatid column 1 strikes at the halfling monster attack [1d20] = 15 but misses.

Caryatid column 2 also strikes at the halfling monster attack [1d20] = 4 but misses as well.

Grimes strikes back Grimes Wave attack [1d20+5] = 17+5 = 22 HIT. Wave dmg with no bonuses [1d10] = 10 25% chance of weapon breakage [1d100] = 96 Grimes feels as if Wave isn't as effective as usual and, for a second, thought that the item of power might actually break against the skin of the column.

Actions?

Hit points and marching order
Grimes 46/46
--Furuk 59/59
Dieter 27/27 <Dieter's spells are:magic missile, sleep, continual light, stinking cloud, fireball x 2 > edited
--Dandy 33/33 < Bless, Hold Person, Delay Poison, Augury, Silence 15'r, Glyph of Warding, Cure Disease, Dispel Magic >
Castinus 34/34
--Shaelyyndenel 22/22 <Charm Person, Magic Missile, Continual Light, Invisibility, Fireball>
greyarea

Postby badams30 » Fri May 02, 2014 5:30 pm

Grimes - Fighter

Grimes shouts "Hey! They like me!" And fearing damage to his beloved Wave, he tries to back up to rejoin the party. If they follow, he'll attack again.
badams30

Postby merias » Fri May 02, 2014 5:36 pm

Dandy. Dwarf Cleric

"What's the matter, Grimes? These statue things have some magic placed on 'em?"

Dandy is thinking dispel magic might help.
merias

Postby Spanningtree » Fri May 02, 2014 7:50 pm

Dieter - Mage

Hmm... if wave had an issue I have to wonder what my magics might do. Very powerful defensively. He will cast magic missile (2 bolts) on one of them.

OCC: Ja, dispel magic might help, let's see what the missiles do. Hopefully they don't come back or something similar. :o
Spanningtree

PreviousNext

Return to Skull Mountain