Relative Popularities of OSR Games

For any discussion that does not fit any other category, or general announcements.

Re: Relative Popularities of OSR Games

Postby bighara » Mon May 06, 2013 1:05 pm

I would love to do more of that kind of thing (G+ hangout gaming) but time –as always– is a factor.
bighara

Postby aspiringlich » Wed May 15, 2013 2:48 am

bighara wrote:I would love to do more of that kind of thing (G+ hangout gaming) but time –as always– is a factor.

G+ is my only form of gaming these days. I'm currently running a Barrowmaze campaign using LL/AEC, but also playing in an OD&D game as well. I'd much prefer to play face to face around a table like the old days, but finding both players and time for that is really difficult :(
aspiringlich

Postby Mach Front » Sat May 18, 2013 1:13 pm

Blood axe wrote:What exactly is Google+ ? A forum?

It's not a type of forum, no. If it were, it would be easy to follow and engage in conversations and then reference those discussions later. But, no...instead it's this unnecessarily convoluted and nigh useless thing were people fart out a handful of words or a handful of people plop a discussion and then it's essentially gone with the wind. Boy oh boy. The Fewtchuurre!

The reason the S&W Google+ group is so high is because the S&W forums are abandoned in favor of the horrendous mess of Google+.
Wee. :roll:

I'd guess also a reason there's been activity on blogs regarding S&W more than LL (whereas LL rules/ruled the roost) is that S&W has very recently had revisions and a new edition of a recent iteration (whew) that's been properly professionally printed.
I've had horrible issues with Lulu hardbacks in the last year, making me gunshy over buying the relatively expensive LL hardback. But a 40 buck Swords & Wizardry Complete rulebook? I've no issue buying that.
It's time for a professionally printed LL hardback (via Kickstarter or not, whatever).
Mach Front

Postby Vile » Sun May 19, 2013 2:55 am

Mach Front wrote:It's time for a professionally printed LL hardback (via Kickstarter or not, whatever).

I'd buy that for a (not insubstantial number of) dollar(s). 8-)
The BLUEHOLME™ Project
Vile

Previous

Return to Open Discussion