The Mountain Pass

greyarea's Labyrinth Lord game

Moderator: greyarea

Re: The Mountain Pass

Postby badams30 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 6:51 pm

Grimes - Fighter

Grimes smiles and says "Okay boys, looks like it's time for Grimes to ride the dragon again!" And he goes invisible as he prepares to chug the flying potion.

OOC: Assuming this is okay with everyone, I'll circle around to get behind the thing and try to sink Wave into him. I'll give you a round or two of big spell attacks before I close on him, maybe I'll toss a web on his wings and mess with him a bit.
badams30

Postby Spanningtree » Wed Nov 18, 2015 8:13 pm

Dieter - Mage

If the reptile is in fireball range he will chuck one at it, otherwise he will spur his horse onward.
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin
Spanningtree

Postby greyarea » Thu Nov 19, 2015 6:02 pm

Grimes disappears.

Dieter calculates that he will be in range of a fireball in two rounds.

Dandy thinks that the lead horses might make it to the cave mouth before the dragon gets in melee range, but breath? And did it use its breath weapon on the air elemental? The fireball spell has a range 3x that of the breath...

I'm assuming that Dandy and Castinus overtook Dieter (and Furuk, who was watching him), with Acquaire taking up the rear. The modified race to the cave mouth is reflected in the below marching order...

Actions?

Hit points and marching order
Grimes 46/46
--Dandy 33/33 < CLW x6, Speak With Animals, Hold Person, Find Traps, Augury, Silence 15', Remove Curse, Dispel Magic, Protection from evil 10', CSW, create food and water >
Castinus 34/34
--Furuk 59/59
Dieter 31/31 < magic missile x2, sleep, continual light, stinking cloud, fireball, lightning bolt, slow, Evard's black tentacles, arcane eye >
--Acquaire
greyarea

Postby Craigers07 » Fri Nov 20, 2015 2:29 am

Furuk - Fighter

Furuk continues riding towards the cavern entrance.
Craigers07

Postby badams30 » Fri Nov 20, 2015 11:46 am

Grimes - Fighter

Grimes will spur his horse on to the cave at full speed, and once he's there he'll quickly dismount so he can assist as needed.

OOC: Was going to fall back but I don't know if the dragon can see me or not, plus if he can't, a riderless horse moving about might be suspicious, and we could lose a horse. So I'll go full tilt to the cave and then dismount so I can fly, run or whatever to help. If we can take flight away from him or get him on the ground, I might be able to slow him a bit with a web, and then we can chip at him.

I really want to ride this thing. I really do. How many halflings can say they rode TWO dragons? Huh? Huh? Of course he'd have to survive, there's that part..
badams30

Postby Spanningtree » Fri Nov 20, 2015 9:24 pm

Dieter - Mage

Don't fail me now trusty friend. He will murmur to his horse as he spurs it to move faster.
Spanningtree

Postby merias » Fri Nov 20, 2015 9:47 pm

Dandy follows on his horse, but will stop and utilize the scroll when it appears he must.
merias

Postby greyarea » Sat Nov 21, 2015 10:36 pm

The thunder of hooves fills your ears as you spur your mounts on. The icy wind howls over the natural bridge you ride on to the caverns. With Acquire and the Rod so far behind, the wind and cold bite into your mailed hands as they grip the reigns and freeze your tears on your numb cheeks.

The dragon screams and you look behind and to the east, where he flies from. He's chosen an angle that should cut you off in a few rounds and you dread his icy breath weapon as you wonder if you'll even feel it through frostbitten skin.

Dieter knows that the creature is close enough for his spell, but will he stop to make the gestures and utter the words of power, or will he ride on? Acquaire races next to the wizard, the two taking up the back.

Actions?

Hit points and marching order
Grimes 46/46
--Dandy 33/33 < CLW x6, Speak With Animals, Hold Person, Find Traps, Augury, Silence 15', Remove Curse, Dispel Magic, Protection from evil 10', CSW, create food and water >
Castinus 34/34
--Furuk 59/59
Dieter 31/31 < magic missile x2, sleep, continual light, stinking cloud, fireball, lightning bolt, slow, Evard's black tentacles, arcane eye >
--Acquaire
greyarea

Postby Spanningtree » Sat Nov 21, 2015 11:23 pm

Dieter - Mage

Dieter will stop and unload a fireball at the drak.
Spanningtree

Postby tumblingdice » Sun Nov 22, 2015 2:27 am

Castinus whips his head around at the scream of the dragon. He spurs his horse on, aware of the utter futility of his arrows.
Get thee to the dungeon. Get thee to the dungeon forthwith. Pass not the barbican. Amass not 200 GP.
tumblingdice

PreviousNext

Return to Skull Mountain