Labyrinth Lord Society Meeting at Gen Con 2012!

For discussion of the Labyrinth Lord Society, Society events, or anything else Society related.

Labyrinth Lord Society Meeting at Gen Con 2012!

Postby sniderman » Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:51 pm

If you're a Labyrinth Lord Society member who plans to be at Gen Con this August, please visit this thread and sound off. It's important to figure out who will be there (even if it's just an "intent to go" at this time.)

Post in the thread if you'll be there. Thanks!
Last edited by sniderman on Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sniderman

Re: Labyrinth Lord Society Member Gen Con 2012 Check-in!

Postby sniderman » Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:43 pm

ANNOUNCEMENT: There will be an official meet-up of Labyrinth Lord Society members at Gen Con 2012! Time and place are still being worked out, but it appears that the meet-and-greet will take place on the Wednesday evening, leading up to the opening of Gen Con on Thursday morning. Hands will be shaken, games will be played, and swag will trade hands. There may even be some "only at this event will you get this bauble" offers!

Plans are still being hammered out, but we primarily need to know how many LLS folks are planning on attending Gen Con. Sound off, and prepare for the First Annual Meeting of the Labyrinth Lord Society!
sniderman

Re: Labyrinth Lord Society Meeting at Gen Con 2012!

Postby austrodavicus » Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:54 pm

Once you have the details worked out with Dan let me know and I'll send out an email to the membership.
austrodavicus

Postby sniderman » Sun May 13, 2012 4:52 am

The Labyrinth Lord Society First Annual Meet-and-Greet is on!

To be held during the Gen Con "Stink" (the annual kick-off party for the convention)
Date: Wed Aug 15
Time: 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Place: Union Station in the Grand Ballroom

There is a lot of activity going on during the Stink -- lots of folks meeting each other, swag being tossed about, pick-up games, drinking (there's a bar here), etc. We'll have a table set aside, so stop on by and introduce yourself! Tickets are available for the Stink (free), although a ticket is not required to get in. (The Stink is an "unofficial" event, though Gen Con likes to know how many people attend, hence the tickets.) Be sure to sign up when Event Registration goes live on the 20th:

https://registration.gencon.com/events/29591

And more info about the Meet-and-Greet as we approach the date!
sniderman

Postby oldgamergeek » Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:55 am

As much as I would dig meeting My fellow Gobliniod Game fans at Gen con or anywhere I am unable to attend. it is to close to U Con and I can't afford both.
"Our community is like a Heavy Metal concert, full of life and passion. Theirs is like a therapy session needing someone to tell them what to do and how to be happy."
oldgamergeek

Postby sniderman » Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:51 am

For those attending Gen Con, look for this banner at The Stink!

sniderman

Postby Koren n'Rhys » Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:34 pm

Unfortunately, I won't be coming in until mid-day on Thursday. Hopefully I'll get a chance to hook up with some OSR folks and get in some non-preorganized gaming. Maybe a cell phone exchange by PM?
Obligatory Blogroll:
Kingdoms in Trevail for my RC D&D ramblings + other "old-school goodness"
RetroCyberpunk where I work on a Shadowrun retro-clone[/size]
Koren n'Rhys

Postby sniderman » Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:43 pm

I believe the OSR booth (In the Dealer's Room) will have a whiteboard set up for folks to put together pick-up games and get into contact with each other. That might be a good place to stop by regularly if you're looking for a meet-up and impromptu gaming.
sniderman

Postby Greywolf » Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:09 am

sniderman wrote:I believe the OSR booth (In the Dealer's Room) will have a whiteboard set up for folks to put together pick-up games and get into contact with each other. That might be a good place to stop by regularly if you're looking for a meet-up and impromptu gaming.

This is great news. Thanks.
Greywolf

Postby kjc » Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:42 pm

Koren n'Rhys wrote:Unfortunately, I won't be coming in until mid-day on Thursday. Hopefully I'll get a chance to hook up with some OSR folks and get in some non-preorganized gaming. Maybe a cell phone exchange by PM?

Hey Kn'R! I'll be at Gen Con on Thursday...PM me, it would be great to meet some of my pbp buddies ftf. :D
"This looks like a place we've never been to before!"
-My five-year-old son
kjc

Next

Return to Labyrinth Lord Society