Doubt about POD

For any discussion that does not fit any other category, or general announcements.

Doubt about POD

Postby Aelwe » Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:29 pm

Hi.

I have a doubt concerning POD services: a player in my campaign has put together a PDF file with lots of information about the campaign world, characters, journals of past sessions, etc. It's almost like a campaing setting for our homebrew world. He's put a lot of effort into it and it looks quite nice. We would like to have it printed and give some copies to the players, as is both useful and a nice way to remember the good times around the table. We've checked with local photocopying and printing shops, but the price they ask for a few copies is way too expensive (60€ per book, and that was the cheapest option we found). Then I thought that maybe some POD service would be the best option. Does anyone know if lulu.com or some other POD site offers the option to print a book but making it only available privately? I've tried lulu.com but have only found a similar option for calendars and photo albums.

Many thanks in advance.
"Ah, but a man's reach should exceed his grasp. Or what's a heaven for?" Robert Browning
"Utúlie'n aurë! Aiya Eldalië ar Atanatári, utúlie'n aurë!" J.R.R. Tolkien. Quenta Silmarillion
Aelwe

Re: Doubt about POD

Postby Dyson Logos » Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:14 am

Yes, you have the option to make a book private with LuLu.
Dyson's Dodecahedron
an RPG blog with a butt-load of maps
Dyson Logos

Postby knightvision » Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:39 pm

Also, check out Magcloud.com. ;)
Website/blog: Knightvisiongames.com
KVG produces Labyrinth Lord adventure modules. Check out the blog and Twitter feed to stay connected.
Twitter: @kvgames
knightvision

Postby Aelwe » Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:03 pm

Thanks!
"Ah, but a man's reach should exceed his grasp. Or what's a heaven for?" Robert Browning
"Utúlie'n aurë! Aiya Eldalië ar Atanatári, utúlie'n aurë!" J.R.R. Tolkien. Quenta Silmarillion
Aelwe

Return to Open Discussion