The Tomb of Horrors

greyarea's Labyrinth Lord game

Moderator: greyarea

Re: The Tomb of Horrors

Postby tumblingdice » Sat Aug 01, 2015 2:16 am

Brave Sir Robin, I mean Castinus, keeps running away.
Get thee to the dungeon. Get thee to the dungeon forthwith. Pass not the barbican. Amass not 200 GP.
tumblingdice

Postby Spanningtree » Sun Aug 02, 2015 5:16 pm

Dieter - Mage

OCC: Can Dieter get a lightning bolt off w/o endangering his comrades?
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin
Spanningtree

Postby greyarea » Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:40 pm

OOC: No, since they are engaged in melee, as it were, with the ghost.
greyarea

Postby badams30 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:22 am

Grimes - Fighter

Grimes mutters some choice curses under his breath and backs up... QUICKLY. Seeing that his comrades are getting ready to bolt, he grunts and says "RUN!"

OOC: I don't know that I have anything that can affect this damn thing.
Last edited by badams30 on Mon Aug 03, 2015 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
badams30

Postby Craigers07 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 3:04 am

Furuk - Fighter

Furuk finds his balance after the miss and turns around.

"I'm out of here!"

He runs as fast as he can out of the room.
Craigers07

Postby merias » Mon Aug 03, 2015 2:20 pm

Dandy, seeing his comrades break ranks, follows out of the room.
merias

Postby greyarea » Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:14 pm

The party flees!

You can hear the wails behind you as the ghost screams. Down the way you came, you run, encountering Castinus en route. He quickly joins you, knees quaking.

You feel and hear a rumble and quake! The wall before you falls in and there is a passage beyond. Running, you see it leads to a door. The howling seems to follow you as you push through and come out in the passage leading to the Siren's grotto. There is but one route to take and stones and beams crash about you as the old tomb literally is falling apart as you flee.

The Siren is waiting for you at the centre of the grotto and she holds out her hands to Grimes as you get closer. Then a thundering crash deafens you and dust fills your lungs.

When the air clears, the path back to the the tomb is enclosed by the collapsed ceiling. The ceiling in the grotto has crashed down and opened up to the night sky above. It is frighteningly cold: the lake in the grotto is beginning to ice over as you stand there. Crawling up the rubble, you emerge at the hilltop, the ground sunken in, collapsed in on the tomb below...

Your breath seems to turn to ice and it begins to snow in the moonlit night. The siren shivers.

...Thus ends the Tomb of Horrors. Shea is entombed where she died. The ghost of the great demi-lich is gone, forever encased in the earth and stone.

Actions?
...well, maybe not actions...

Hit points and marching order
Grimes 46/46
--Furuk 59/59
Dieter 19/31 < remove curse, lightning bolt, continual light, auditory illusion, magic missile x2, floating disc >
--Dandy 33/33 < CLW x6, Hold Person, Find Traps, Remove Curse, Dispel Magic, Exorcise >
Castinus 34/34
greyarea

Postby badams30 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:20 pm

Grimes - Fighter

Grimes smiles sheepishly at the Siren and then looks at the others. He starts to laugh and shakes his head. "Heh heh... I didn't know I could run that fast!" He chuckles and then goes silent glancing at the ground. "I hope that lich is enjoying the view. Stupid dead guy."

Grimes shrugs and says to his new Siren friend "How can I help you get home, Miss? I'll do my best to see you back to your kind. Poseidon and I will guide you and I'll keep ya' safe."

OOC: Grimes was snagging treasure at the time the ghost thing came up. Did we manage to get any that we could keep?
badams30

Postby Spanningtree » Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:27 pm

Dieter - Mage

Dieter sits down on the grass: Whew! He says letting out a long breath. I agree Grimes, I didn't think I could move that fast either. I wonder where the nearest town is?
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin
Spanningtree

Postby greyarea » Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:50 pm

Sadly, no treasure was taken from demi-lich's device except Castinus escaped with his sword.

You all each find a badge that can be sewn to your clothing...

There is a glow in the distance, which could well be a town. As it is at the horizon's edge, it is likely 20 or so miles from here, a good hike...
greyarea

PreviousNext

Return to Skull Mountain