New PbP Game?

Post your online or in person gamer meetups here! Post here if seeking to start a game.

New PbP Game?

Postby cmcdonald » Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:51 pm

I'm new here and not sure what the rules are about starting a PbP game, but I'm interested in getting 4-6 players for a LL PbF game. Here's the campaign details:

OSR players, I'm seeking 4-6 players for a Labyrinth Lord campaign. It's my intent for Michael Curtis' Stonehell Dungeon to loom large in the campaign, but there are other avenues to pursue for those who have already seen that dungeon or just aren't interested. Details of the setting and house rules can be found below.

If you are interested and willing to submit updates every one or two days, please post to this thread!

Setting Overview

Generations ago, a race of men known as the Avalonians formed a mighty empire. Their legions spread out in all directions. Though corrupt and brutal, Avalon brought order to the lands it ruled, including the great valley on its northern frontier known as the Normark. The elves retreated to a few last refuges as Avalonian axes hewed down much of their forest. The dwarves watched stoically from their mountain fortresses as Avalonian engineers mined the foothills below. But the empire, like all empires, could not last. In the time of your grandfathers’ grandfathers, the legions of Avalon withdrew from Normark as the land was convulsed with war.

From the northwest, the formerly nomadic Rurik peoples swept in to claim the fertile valleys of the Normark for their own. The conquered the Avalonians and formed several fiefdoms. Most notable is the Duchy of Normark, ruled from King’s Crossing. In the highlands of the northeast, the Skane, cousins to the Rurik, still hold to the old ways. Further east, the Dwarves still rule the mountain gateways to the East. Their elven cousins live mainly in the last fae forest of the Normark, the Glimmerwood.

The Normark is, for now, at peace. Halflings from parts unknown have wound their way to the Mark on their riverboats to hawk wares from distant lands. Trade has resumed with the city-states that now rule the former heartland of the empire, and contact has been made with the curious Horselords from the great grasses to the west. But tensions are building among men, elves, and dwarves. And still darker forces threaten all of the civilized peoples from the shadows of the wilderness.

You have come to Eastwatch Keep, citadel of the Duchy, to seek your fortune in these uncertain times.

Rules

Base rules are Labyrinth Lord + Advanced Edition Companion

Character generation:
Roll stats 3d6 in order. Point swapping as per LL rules. Incompetent characters (negative modifiers > positive) may be re-rolled. Re-roll your hp if they are below average. Choose a religion (see gods below) or none, and create 1-2 sentences of background explaining why you are at Eastwatch.

Optional Rules in Use:

Fighter Attacks: Fighters attack 1/level against sub-1HD foes and get 3/2 attacks at level 7, 2 attacks at level 13. Paladins and ranger get 3/2 attacks at level 8, 2 attacks at level 15.

Other House Rules:
  • No Assassins or Monks

• No multiclassing

• The Bard (from Delving Deeper) is allowed, ask me for details if you don't know this class

• A Cleric may attempt to turn a given group of undead once per encounter.

• The Thief gets a d6 hit die

Gods

In addition to the major gods listed here, there are numerous racial deities, local godlings, and saints - as well as rumors of horrible, god-like beings called the Elder Things.

• Amon (M) Lawful Law, Justice Sun
  • Ares (M) Neutral War, Might Bloody Spear
  • Athena (F) Lawful Civilization Spoked Wheel
  • Fortuna (F) Neutral Luck, Travel Staff
  • Ioun (M) Lawful Wisdom Owl
  • Selune (F) Neutral Sea, Illusion Crescent Moon
  • Set (M) Chaotic Deception Coiled Snake
  • Sybil (F) Neutral Nature, Birth Sickle
  • Thanatos (M) Chaotic Death, Undead Skull
  • Tiamat (F) Chaotic Greed, Lust Red Dragon

Player Map:
Last edited by cmcdonald on Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
cmcdonald

Re: New PbP Game?

Postby connivingsumo » Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:47 am

Welcome cmcdonald!!

Don't be alarmed if you can't send PMs yet - after (5?) some posts - you'll be able to.

Once you get a few folks, PM the admin to get your thread set up. He's a busy guy, so he's not 'ignoring' you if it takes some time to get a response regarding your game thread.

Good luck! and welcome to Goblinoid Games! :D
SUCCESSFUL "TRADES" with: tumblingdice x2, Blood axe, and Kipper! ~ thanks to all of you! :D

"Be the change you want to see in the world." ~Gandhi
“If more of us valued food and cheer above hoarded gold, it would be a much merrier world.” ~J.R.R. Tolkien
connivingsumo

Postby greyarea » Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:51 am

Stonehill, hmm.... Very very tempting. I'm a bit overloaded at the moment but... I'm likely interested. If so, I've never played a Bard before. That could be cool!
greyarea

Postby cmcdonald » Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:19 pm

connivingsumo wrote:Welcome cmcdonald!!

Don't be alarmed if you can't send PMs yet - after (5?) some posts - you'll be able to.

Once you get a few folks, PM the admin to get your thread set up. He's a busy guy, so he's not 'ignoring' you if it takes some time to get a response regarding your game thread.

Good luck! and welcome to Goblinoid Games! :D

Thanks! Does that 5-ish post threshold also come with the power to attach images? I'd like to put up an image of my region map, but I can't figure out how to do it.
cmcdonald

Postby greyarea » Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:46 pm

Images aren't attached in this forum. You need to host images elsewhere (Photobucket, Sketch.com, Flickr, etc) and then hotlinked using the Img insert forum function.

It is possible that the img functionality is turned off for the first few posts as well, I don't know. In the right sidebar of the Post Reply there should be a number of options of things that are on or off (BBCode being ON and flash being OFF for example) -- if the img is OFF then you can't link images. Yet.
greyarea

Postby cmcdonald » Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:49 pm

greyarea wrote:Images aren't attached in this forum. You need to host images elsewhere (Photobucket, Sketch.com, Flickr, etc) and then hotlinked using the Img insert forum function.

It is possible that the img functionality is turned off for the first few posts as well, I don't know. In the right sidebar of the Post Reply there should be a number of options of things that are on or off (BBCode being ON and flash being OFF for example) -- if the img is OFF then you can't link images. Yet.

Thanks, got it!
cmcdonald

Postby connivingsumo » Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:29 am

I may be interested in playing too - I wanna see which other players are interested and what their class/race choices are. :D
SUCCESSFUL "TRADES" with: tumblingdice x2, Blood axe, and Kipper! ~ thanks to all of you! :D

“If more of us valued food and cheer above hoarded gold, it would be a much merrier world.” ~J.R.R. Tolkien
connivingsumo

Postby badams30 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:01 pm

Awwwww, nuts. I'm pretty loaded up from a gaming perspective, but the setting sounds pretty cool. If you aren't booked up yet, count me in.
I'd be okay with a human or dwarven fighter. Someone a bit off-color and lacking some social graces. If that works for you, and you've got room, count me in.

oh, and keep an eye on the connivingsumo fella. he's a shifty sort.
badams30

Postby greyarea » Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:50 pm

badams30 wrote:oh, and keep an eye on the connivingsumo fella. he's a shifty sort.

Says the shifty sort ;)
greyarea

Postby connivingsumo » Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:55 pm

I might be interested in (in no particular order of preference):

+ Bard (don't know anything about this guy unless it's like the AD&D bard?)
+ Druid? (LL rules have no druid, but AEC does ~ Advanced Edition Companion)
+ Thief
+ Paladin (see comment for Druid)

connivingsumo

Next

Return to Gamer Gatherings