Questioning my choice of hobbies (aka moving books sucks)

For any discussion that does not fit any other category, or general announcements.

Questioning my choice of hobbies (aka moving books sucks)

Postby harmyn » Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:58 am

Hey all. I just decided to randomly vent for a moment. I am in the last stages of moving and I must admit that while I get countless hours of enjoyment playing our games and coming up with fun new ideas to explore; when it comes time to pack up all these books - well our hobby is not the easiest to move. Countless numbers of large books can make anything difficult to do. My slow evolution of purchasing hardbacks and trade paperbacks instead of just mass market paperbacks also makes it a bit worse. I think one of the Tortures of the Nine Hecks is being forced to move gamers from one upstairs apartment to another.

Still I guess once I get the boxes all emptied and my shelf full of LL, Classic D&D, Mini Six, and D6 books within easy reach of whatever new desk I end up with, well it will all be good once again.
harmyn

Re: Questioning my choice of hobbies (aka moving books sucks

Postby redwullf » Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:17 pm

It's the price we pay...
“The worthy GM never purposely kills players' PCs. He presents opportunities for the rash and unthinking players to do that all on their own.” E. G. G.
redwullf

Postby oldgamergeek » Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:52 pm

The pain of the move is worth it to have a great collection of books,trust Me I have done it several times.
"Our community is like a Heavy Metal concert, full of life and passion. Theirs is like a therapy session needing someone to tell them what to do and how to be happy."
oldgamergeek

Postby gentleman john » Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:06 pm

Been there. Done that. Regretted it many times. But, you know what? I still have the books, and I've added to them!

We must be gluttons for punishment.
gentleman john

Postby austrodavicus » Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:18 pm

We have several thousand books. The last time we moved there were 65 boxes of them, but then we had a removalist company do the move and so didn't have to do the work.
austrodavicus

Return to Open Discussion