Magic items and XP

For discussion of all things Labyrinth Lord.

Re: Magic items and XP

Postby Mach Front » Mon May 09, 2011 9:47 am

Dyson Logos wrote:Magic items make it easier to do the things that grant you XP, thus you don't need the double-whammy of gaining XP for gaining magic items.

That's....actually one of those things that's right in my stupid face that I'd not considered. Good point. Or rather, obvious point for most...good point for the likes of me. :D

elf23 wrote:Interesting, I've been running a low-level game recently and not found advancement too fast using gold = XP.

Neither have I. Though my experience counts for little in the specific matter, as back when I was running 'pure' B/X I didn't follow the (relatively) sharply structured way of rolling for encounters,etc. and the treasure that would be 'tied' to them.

elf23 wrote:Nice Gygax quote Mach Front :D

As Lord Vader once said: "All too easy." :lol:

As an aside: Maybe it's in my head, but including the years on the old GG forums as well, I always feel like I'm butting heads with BloodAxe and it's not on purpose and sorta makes me feel like a real jerk. I hope it doesn't come off that way. :oops:

Oh! BloodAxe, by the way, in my one-shots and mini-mini campaigns (because I still use Tunnels & Trolls for my 'big' game) I'm still using your tactical mods for combat you posted like a year or more ago on the old forums. Thanks again for that. :)
Mach Front

Re: Magic items and XP

Postby Blood axe » Mon May 09, 2011 1:51 pm

Oh! BloodAxe, by the way, in my one-shots and mini-mini campaigns (because I still use Tunnels & Trolls for my 'big' game) I'm still using your tactical mods for combat you posted like a year or more ago on the old forums. Thanks again for that.
Mach Front
-----------------------------------------

LOL! Your welcome. I dont even remember that.....

Thanks for the replies- I think Im gonna give the gp=xp thing another try.
To defend: This is the Pact.
But when life loses its value,
and is taken for naught -
then the Pact is to Avenge.
Blood axe

Previous

Return to Labyrinth Lord