Compatibility of AEC classes

For discussion of all things Labyrinth Lord.

Compatibility of AEC classes

Postby YHWH » Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:37 am

How compatible are the AEC classes with OSRIC? I know there are small differences like the spell charts and the XP charts, but what I'm most interested in is the areas where they've been intentionally changed to work with Basic characters, like the smaller hitdice: d8 for the fighter instead of d10 and so on.
YHWH

Re: Compatibility of AEC classes

Postby Black Wyvern » Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:21 am

Well the hit dice aren't really a concern because AEC has rules for advanced HD.

I think most of your differences are actually going to be minor changes in races (the races are closer to basic race as class races with the class part stripped away) while OSRIC's races are designed to mimic 1e.

The classes are very similar with the exception of the things you already mentioned. Thief magic-user, illusionist and druid weapon choices are not equal to their 1e or OSRIC conterparts. Fighter Ranger and Paladin attacks per level are different (OSRIC gives multiple attacks much earlier). OSRIC give fighters optional weapon specialization. That is about all I can think of off the top of my head.
Black Wyvern Press
Black Wyvern

Return to Labyrinth Lord