Another Review of Majus

For discussion of the majic noir Pacesetter game by Michael Curtis.

Another Review of Majus

Postby merias » Mon Dec 23, 2013 4:00 pm

FYI, I just posted a review of Majus at http://smolderingwizard.com/2013/12/23/majus-a-review/.

I would really love to see an intro adventure for this game, I mentioned that in the review. I notice it was mentioned a ways back in this forum, has there been any update on that front?

Thanks!
merias

Re: Another Review of Majus

Postby Blood axe » Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:24 pm

Cool, thanks for the review. I have thought about running a one-off game of Vampire Hunting. Do you think the rules would fit? Regular people with no special powers or skills against Vampires. No S.W.A.T. team members, no military, nothing like that. The most skilled character is a fat old retired cop.
I just got my Kickstarter copy of Hunters Hunted 2 and want to plan a game.
To defend: This is the Pact.
But when life loses its value,
and is taken for naught -
then the Pact is to Avenge.
Blood axe

Postby merias » Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:37 pm

Blood axe wrote:Cool, thanks for the review. I have thought about running a one-off game of Vampire Hunting. Do you think the rules would fit? Regular people with no special powers or skills against Vampires. No S.W.A.T. team members, no military, nothing like that. The most skilled character is a fat old retired cop.

I think any of the Pacesetter games would work - that sounds most like it would fit with Cryptworld, however, as in Majus the PCs have spell abilities. You would have to house-rule it a bit to get rid of paranormal talents if you wanted just ordinary humans with only the skills they picked up from any previous career training (that retired cop might still be a good shot, etc.).
merias

Postby sniderman » Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:58 pm

Blood axe wrote:Cool, thanks for the review. I have thought about running a one-off game of Vampire Hunting. Do you think the rules would fit? Regular people with no special powers or skills against Vampires. No S.W.A.T. team members, no military, nothing like that. The most skilled character is a fat old retired cop.

Regular people with no powers against vampires? Yeah, that's more of a Cryptworld vibe. For Majus, I could see people with hidden magical abilities fighting an underground war against The Darkness though.
sniderman

Postby bighara » Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:27 pm

Not necessarily the system, but for the fluff, check out WoD's "Hunters Hunted."
bighara

Postby Blood axe » Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:54 pm

bighara wrote:Not necessarily the system, but for the fluff, check out WoD's "Hunters Hunted."

:D
Already have it, and the old original. That's why the possible game. Thanks though!
To defend: This is the Pact.
But when life loses its value,
and is taken for naught -
then the Pact is to Avenge.
Blood axe

Return to MAJUS