Maybe none of my ideas are good enough.

For any discussion that does not fit any other category, or general announcements.

Re: Maybe none of my ideas are good enough.

Postby Agrippa » Thu Jul 16, 2015 5:49 pm

LARS wrote:What ever happened with this???

Lars

I'm still working on this project. I just forgot I made this thread.
Agrippa

Postby LARS » Wed Aug 12, 2015 3:36 pm

hey Agrippa are you baseing your world and races off of your links or using similarities or aspects of them. Whatcha got ? I'll kick ideas with ya.
LARS

Postby Agrippa » Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:00 am

LARS wrote:What ever happened with this???

Lars

Mostly I'm basing it off aspects of what I linked to. Let's take demons, for example. There are three major types of demon I'm looking at for my setting. The first demon inspiration I mentioned are the demons from Disgaea/Makai Kingdom. These demons are unruly and ungovernable by outside forces. They do not kneel or bow before others willingly. Not even to their own kings, the Demon Princes, who are regarded as first among equals. Some possess mostly human-like true forms, while others a more outwardly monstrous. Demons of this kind are the predominant species of the Underworld, kin to both the gods in Heaven and the faeries on the earth. Using AD&D's 9-fold alignment system, these demons as a whole tend towards Chaotic Neutral alignment (58%), with Chaotic Good at a distant second (32%) and Chaotic Evil at third (8%).

Second, you have Exalted's demons. These spirits are the spawn of the Yozis, the defeated and imprisoned Primordials the original Exalted overthrew. Like their masters/progenitors, demons are bound by surrender oaths made to the Exalted and the Celestial Incarnae who empowered them. As part of this oath demons must be ready to be summoned and compelled into service by the Exalted, as assertion of godly dominion over their vanquished makers. By and large Exalted's demons aren't inherently evil, however many are warped and twisted by the cruelty of their Yozi overlords and makers. Even then, the very kindest and most decent of demons possess a mindset alien to humans, which may cause them to harm or frighten innocents without meaning to do so.
Agrippa

Previous

Return to Open Discussion