Temple of Elemental Evil and LL/AEC

For discussion of all things Labyrinth Lord.

Temple of Elemental Evil and LL/AEC

Postby Tizun Thane » Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:38 am

We are restarting our Temple of Elemental Evil campaign after a few months off. We were initially using LL/AEC, but changed to C&C. Then we had the time off. Now that we've gone back, we've realised we much prefer the more old school feel of LL/AEC. Thing is I've forgotten about the conversions from AD&D to LL/AEC.

How would you use LL/AEC to fuel an AD&D campaign? I'm thinking of THAC0, HD for monsters, the usual.

Is there a conversion doc or something?

Thanks all :)
Tizun Thane

Re: Temple of Elemental Evil and LL/AEC

Postby rabindranath72 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:35 am

I don't think you have to do much at all. When you find a monster, simply use the one in LL/AEC. NPCs should convert just the same, though you should be probably wary of fighters with % strength scores.
Since the ability score generation methods of AD&D and LL/AEC are different, you may "map" the two distributions, so that the scores roughly convert as follows:
LL AD&D
16 16-17
17 18-18/75
18 18/76-18/99
19 18/00

For the rest, simply use LL/AEC mechanics.
rabindranath72

Postby petespahn » Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:32 pm

Yeah I haven't had an issue doing this on the fly. The only thing I watch out for is hit point distribution since its slightly different for some classes. I tend to knock off about 1-2 HP per level / HD. I just do it when combat begins so its not a big deal.

Pete
Small Niche Games
NEW: Tower of Boon Companions: A Swords & Wizardry WhiteBox adventure for 3rd-5th level characters.
Also check smallnichegames out on Google+
petespahn

Postby Tizun Thane » Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:12 pm

Thanks all
Tizun Thane

Return to Labyrinth Lord