Mutation Packages

For Discussion of all things Mutant Future (especially spidergoats).

Re: Mutation Packages

Postby MythAdvocate » Sun Dec 29, 2013 1:50 am

Clairvoyant Mutant
Prophets, Seers, Dowsers, Water Witches and any number of soothsayers can be found across the wastes of the Mutant Future. Clairvoyant Mutants can come from the ranks of Mutant Animals of the more "mytical" animals (Rabbits, Toads, Insects) or Mutant Humans of an oracular or at least far-seeing nature (Destiny,
Roll D8 Physical
1 Epidermal Photosynthesis
2 Increased Sense (any)
3 Dwarfism
4 Unique Sense (Minds)
5 Albinism
6 Epidermal Susceptibility
7 Obese
8 Vision Impairment
Roll D8 Mental
1 Empathy
2 Increased Willpower
3 Metaconcert
4 Precognition
5 Dual Cerebellum (Defective)
6 Phantasmal Damage
7 Phobia
8 Weak Will
MythAdvocate

Postby Agrippa » Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:44 am

It's been a few months since I posted in this thread, keep up the good work. I just feel like you could come up with a few more mutation packages. So I have a few requests. One, a "spirit" mutation package, for ghosts, demons, gods and the like. Their "mutations" might cover things like possession, blessings (temporarily sharing one or more non-obvious mutations with another), assuming an ethereal form or the like. Maybe even have different results for the same number rolled based upon whether the "mutant" is a ghost, demon, god or fae. Think more Princess Mononoke style gods, at least at first level, than the Olympian Pantheon.

Second, I'd like a revenant package for the walking dead. You know, zombies, vampires, ghouls and wights, ambulatory corpses basically. Blood drinking, life draining, paralyzing by touch and general necrotic/necromantic/deathly mutations. Do you think you could manage these requests and what sort of help would you need with them?
Agrippa

Postby Blood axe » Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:54 pm

Great stuff! This way a player can pick the kind of mutant he wants to have. (at least in general)

Ive been thinking of something similar for Mutant Animals. Skills/Mutations/Stat modifiers for Animal types.

Bear would get teeth/claws, STR/COn bonus, but penalty for DEX, hibernation,etc.
Monkey would get prehensile tail, DEX bonus, STR penalty,etc.

Something along those lines. Just some basics.
To defend: This is the Pact.
But when life loses its value,
and is taken for naught -
then the Pact is to Avenge.
Blood axe

Postby MythAdvocate » Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:31 pm

Blood axe wrote:Great stuff! This way a player can pick the kind of mutant he wants to have. (at least in general)

Ive been thinking of something similar for Mutant Animals. Skills/Mutations/Stat modifiers for Animal types.

Bear would get teeth/claws, STR/COn bonus, but penalty for DEX, hibernation,etc.
Monkey would get prehensile tail, DEX bonus, STR penalty,etc.

Something along those lines. Just some basics.

I would like to see some of your animal mutation packages.
MythAdvocate

Previous

Return to Mutant Future