Descent Under the Temple of Elemental Evil

greyarea's P-B-P game

Moderator: greyarea

Re: Descent Under the Temple of Elemental Evil

Postby J.L. Duncan » Tue Jul 07, 2015 3:55 am

GreyKatana wrote:Once everyone has had time to relax at the tavern, Father Redmond will take place at the center of the room where everyone can see him. He solemnly bow towards the guardsmen that requested that he conducts mass for them. He gets out from his bag a strange red-ish hat and puts it on his head.

He takes a pause waiting for silence in the room. Then, after clearing his throat for a second, yells out of his lungs:
"BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMBBBAAAAAAAAAAAAA!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlPS16NeBO0

OoC: Pax crosses his stubby fingers, in the hope that dancing girls (and the medieval twerking) in chainmail bikinis, will soon follow!
:o
Publishing Credit
KoDT-Deadly Trappings: #202, #203, #205, #209, #210, #212, #214 & #222
KoDT-Indy Game Scene: #222 & #223
Palladium Books Rifter: #62, #64 & #67
J.L. Duncan

Postby badams30 » Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:06 pm

Thurwin - Wizard

Thurwin prepares to turn in, but pauses when Fr Redmond goes to the center of the room. He casts a quick sideways glance at Morgan, then he turns back, stifling a chuckle. He stares on in fascination.

OOC: Awesome. Fr Redmond never disappoints....
badams30

Postby tumblingdice » Tue Jul 07, 2015 1:47 pm

Morgan hands Thurwin a few coins to defray the cost of putting up the freed prisoners. He meets his brother's eye when Fr. Redmond begins his prayer, then does a face palm. Shaking his head, he finishes his meal, empties his mug of ale, then heads off to his room to pray to Heironeous, clean his weapons, and rest.

OC: Nice one!
Get thee to the dungeon. Get thee to the dungeon forthwith. Pass not the barbican. Amass not 200 GP.
tumblingdice

Postby greyarea » Tue Jul 07, 2015 2:14 pm

Ostler is struck between panic and disbelief at the spectacle that Fr Redmond makes in his goodly Inn. Other guests are humored or mortified, depending, and some are deeply offended, as neither the worship services of the druid in The Grove nor the Mass at The Church of St. Cuthbert are anything like that. A few guests leave and many other murmur.

Ostler decides to wait until the good cleric is done before he says anything. Then he politely comes to the table and says, A disturbance like that, well... I have a respectable Inn to run. Please finish your food and drink, I'll even pay for it, and then please see yourselves out. The other guests are not comfortable with such... displays, regardless of intent. We are good church folk here, not... whatever that was. I do not know if that was dark sorcery or something from the faerie-realms, but I don't think St. Cuthbert would approve.

If you need shelter for the night, then feel free to stay in my stable, but no dark magics!

Actions?

Hit points and marching order
Effric 9/10 <4,2>
Pax 9/9
Morgan 14/18
--Calthas 13/13
Tavin 9/9 <1>
Father Redmond 10/13 <>
Caydon 11/11
--Thurwin 13/13 <Sleep x2, Stinking Cloud>

OOC: LOL :lol: :lol:
greyarea

Postby J.L. Duncan » Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:22 pm

Pax speaks to Ostler, slipping him coin for his drink: "Sorry, for the disturbance tavernmaster."

OoC: Guys lets do some late night scouting, unless you all want to sleep in the barn. How far away is Nulb? Either this or we might impose ourselves for one night, on the people we saved?
Publishing Credit
J.L. Duncan

Postby badams30 » Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:42 pm

Thurwin - Wizard

Thurwin approaches Ostler and quietly says "My good man, I apologize, but our priest is a follower of Zagyg, and such displays are... well, they are part of his odd ways. But I assure you, he is a man of good, and he helped us free these captives (gesturing to those we rescued) from the clutches of evildoers near Nulb. I'd beg you to reconsider - my brother is a champion of Herionious, and I follow the gods of good myself. Please, allow us to remain, and we'll keep Father Redmond's, uh.. um... services... confined to private locations."

OOC: Thurwin will do what he can to try and convince Ostler to let us stay, and of our good intentions.
badams30

Postby greyarea » Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:11 pm

Reaction [2d6-1] = 6-1 = 5

Ostler looks over the wizard. I don't saying he isn't good, I'm saying I can't afford to lose business. Did you see those customers leave when he did his dance? This is a town where if you aren't worshiping with the druids, you're at St. Cuthbert's. We aren't used to anything like that, and I can't have it in my Inn.

He pauses and rubs his face.

Look, I know what you boys did at the moathouse, so you have my appreciation. Keep your new witchdoctor in check and everyone here opt for a private room, rather than the common one, so I can make the money I've lost tonight and you can stay. And by "in check" I mean, he needs to stay out of sight too. There's gonna be enough talk around town after that malarkey. I get a reputation for those kind of shenanigans, and you'll have no choice but to stay in the stable next time you're in town: cause I won't have no Inn no more.

Nulb is a day's ride away. You passed it an hour or so into your journey here.

Actions?

Effric 9/10 <4,2>
Pax 9/9
Morgan 14/18
--Calthas 13/13
Tavin 9/9 <1>
Father Redmond 10/13 <>
Caydon 11/11
greyarea

Postby J.L. Duncan » Wed Jul 08, 2015 1:29 am

greyarea wrote: Nulb is a day's ride away. You passed it an hour or so into your journey here.

OoC: My vote is for getting some sleep then.

In the morning we should look to see what kind of value we can get from the gold chain (worth 7,000gp) set with three small rubies (1,000gp each) and the ruby ring (4,000gp) encrusted with dirt. Pax would like to go shopping, pick up chainmail (currently wearing stuffed leather) a couple of throwing axes as well as we may need to purchase a cart for Mattie to haul enough so that we can be fully supplied (food water torches etc.) for a couple of weeks in order to stay and clear out the dungeon.

We also need to hire those NPCs so that we can get some assistance, but that comes later.

For now I say we get sleep, resupply for a couple of weeks, then go deal with Dick. Yes/No?
Publishing Credit
J.L. Duncan

Postby Spanningtree » Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:56 am

Tavin - Monk

Tavin will tuck in for the night.

OCC: What is his share of the take?
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin
Spanningtree

Postby greyarea » Thu Jul 09, 2015 2:17 pm

Ostler helps show you your rooms early and you rest well. The next morning you arise and break your fast in the Inn. You notice townsfolk and other guests pointing at you and whispering and Ostler is brooding over his books, his goodwife next to him rubbing his back.

Actions?

Effric 10/10 <4,2>
Pax 9/9
Morgan 18/18
--Calthas 13/13
Tavin 9/9 <1>
Father Redmond 13/13 <>
Caydon 11/11
greyarea

PreviousNext