This kid is a budding Game Master!

For any discussion that does not fit any other category, or general announcements.

This kid is a budding Game Master!

Postby seneschal » Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:19 pm

As a Game Master, I've often used children's books to research history and locations for campaigns. I've also found children's fiction inspirational for plots and monsters. A new book, Battle Bunny, falls into the latter category.

An imaginative boy named Alex receives a late Forties children’s picture book, Birthday Bunny, from his grandmother on his 8th birthday. Using eraser and Sharpie pen, he re-writes it as a more energetic yarn, Battle Bunny, in which the titular rabbit endeavors to conquer the forest with assorted Bond villain gadgetry and schemes. The illustrations resemble paintings from a vintage Little Golden Book – adjusted and re-imagined with black marker. Much of the original sweet children’s tale is crossed out and replaced with new comic book style dialogue.

http://www.rakuten.com/prod/battle-b...69131&s_kwcid=

http://www.amazon.com/Battle-Bunny-J.../dp/1442446730

It's a hoot. As usual, I got a copy from my local library.

:lol:
seneschal

Re: This kid is a budding Game Master!

Postby rredmond » Sun Nov 17, 2013 4:33 pm

Interesting.
Thanks for sharing this!
--Ron--
DOWNLOAD THE NEW ISSUE -- FREE NOW!
CLICK ON THE BANNER BELOW!!
Oak Rapp - screaming "die" in orcish b/c it sounds cooler.
Phaser on stun *pew pew*. Phaser on kill *poo poo*!
rredmond

Postby Agrippa » Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:25 pm

If that fictional kid is a budding DM what would you say about this little girl in real life?
Agrippa

Postby seneschal » Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:19 pm

Agrippa wrote:If that fictional kid is a budding DM what would you say about this little girl in real life?

Hmmm, obviously a power gamer/combat monster in training. I recommend watching her character sheet closely and avoiding RPG systems that encourage mini-maxing. :shock:

Taught my brother to play Melee and Wizard (precursor to The Fantasy Trip) when he was about the same age because my parents insisted the game was too complicated for them to learn. He clobbered me easily and repeatedly. Note, I wasn't letting him win. He just had a talent with the dice.
seneschal

Return to Open Discussion