Suggestion ~ Possible Trade Thread?

Suggestion ~ Possible Trade Thread?

Postby connivingsumo » Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:26 am

I would like to see some sort of trade thread(s) where folks could trade their old school materials. I realize there are sites like Bartertown, where you can trade items, but Bartertown is primarily a table-top game trade site. It would be nice to have a place dedicated to the old D&D/Expert/Star Frontiers material, plus the other
house' brands that are promoted here.

In a pbp game thread, the idea came up about trading duplicates, or maybe if someone wanted to off-load their collection, etc.
SUCCESSFUL "TRADES" with: tumblingdice x2, Blood axe, and Kipper! ~ thanks to all of you! :D

"Be the change you want to see in the world." ~Gandhi
“If more of us valued food and cheer above hoarded gold, it would be a much merrier world.” ~J.R.R. Tolkien
connivingsumo

Re: Suggestion ~ Possible Trade Thread?

Postby Goblinoid Games » Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:03 pm

Would you like to see a thread or a forum? A forum might be easier to use, but we'd have to make sure it is used only for personal (non-publisher/business) sales/trades. In other words, if you have some stuff to trade or maybe want to sell of give a heads up about your ebay listing, etc.
Goblinoid Games
Site Admin

Postby connivingsumo » Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:39 am

Ya - you nailed it. I meant a trade Forum, not a thread. I could have just taken the risk to create a thread. I definitely meant a trade forum.

Here's what I had in mind, but I'm an "arm-chair" lawyer at best so... I'll leave it up to you to decide about the "publisher" stuffs! ;)

I have some old D&D/AD&D modules that I'm collecting, but for some of them I have duplicates and don't need two copies. I thought it might be cool if I could trade my keep on the border lands, or isle of dread, or some of the other duplicates for someone else's duplicates - or just someone wanting to offload their old modules.

If the price is right, I might even buy them off someone.

I could also see this for Star Frontiers, or... ehh... whatever other "old school" systems that are out there that GoblinoidGames is duplicating, etc.

If someone had their own business for publishing material (modules, say) for Labyrinth Lord... I might be interested in buying them - but that sounds kinda like what you were talking about with Publishers/Business and if that's a "no-no" then I'm ok with that. My original thought was just to trade old D&D/AD&D books & modules! :mrgreen:

Anyway, that's what I was thinking - and I really appreciate your response! :D (this forum and its admin/moderators are awesome!)
SUCCESSFUL "TRADES" with: tumblingdice x2, Blood axe, and Kipper! ~ thanks to all of you! :D

“If more of us valued food and cheer above hoarded gold, it would be a much merrier world.” ~J.R.R. Tolkien
connivingsumo

Postby Goblinoid Games » Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:12 am

Thanks! I did set up the forum soon after your first post. Does that look like what you wanted?
Goblinoid Games
Site Admin

Postby connivingsumo » Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:15 am

Goblinoid Games wrote:Thanks! I did set up the forum soon after your first post. Does that look like what you wanted?

Does that look like what I wanted??? HELLSYA!! You rock! THANKS!! :D

connivingsumo

Return to Trouble Tickets or Suggestions