Mutant Future Contest!!!

For Discussion of all things Mutant Future (especially spidergoats).

Mutant Future Contest!!!

Postby Blood axe » Sat Mar 26, 2011 6:34 pm

I have an extra copy of Metamorphosis Alpha 25th Anniversary edition.

Post a cool character for Mutant Future with a picture and I will pick a winner.
Sorry, but this is only open to USA members. I dont want to pay $15 to ship it.

Enter as many times as you like, but have a character with all stats & info, along with a picture.

Here is the prize!

[url]Image[/url]
To defend: This is the Pact.
But when life loses its value,
and is taken for naught -
then the Pact is to Avenge.
Blood axe

Re: Mutant Future Contest!!!

Postby Agrippa » Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:29 am

I'm not quite sure if I want the prize but I do have a character and I don't know where else to post him. He's a priest by the name of Father Hernandez and protects his flock and other innocents with good old-fashioned over the top violence. Using the photo of Cheech Marin's character in Machette.

Father Francisco Hernadez
You want forgiveness, go ask God. I'm not in that kind of mood.

Race: Pure Strain Human
Level: 8
Hit Points: 97 (8+7+8+2+4+5+4+7+6+3+8+8+2+5+7+6+7)
Armor Class: 3
THAC0: 14
Alignment: Lawful (Lawful Good)

Attacks: 3/round, +0 to attack for melee and +2 to attack for missles
Damage: 1d6 melee and 1d10 missile.

Strength: 9 (+0 to attack and +0 to damage)
Dexterity: 15 (17 for levels) (+2 to missile attacks and initiative and -2 to armor class)
Constitution: 14 (17 for Pure Human) (+1 on poison saving throws)
Intelligence: 10 (13 for Pure Human) (+5% to technology and two languages, English and Spanish)
Willpower: 16 (18 for levels)
Charisma: 15 (18 for Pure Human) (-2 to reaction rolls, 7 retainers at morale 10 each)

Kit
Vestments, two carbines (10 rounds each) and six cases of ammo, kevlar vest (AC 5), glow sticks, prayer books, Bible, flash light, binoculars and two machettes (treat as short swords).

Personality and background
Serving as his parish's priest for over 30 years Father Hernandez has led and protected his flock without fail.
Last edited by Agrippa on Mon May 02, 2011 6:32 am, edited 4 times in total.
Agrippa

Postby MythAdvocate » Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:59 pm

Mr. Nicholas
I reckon you done what you done because you didn't know I was who I was. And if I hadn't been who I was, I'd have still been much obliged for you to have done what you done.
Race: Pure Human
Level: 10
Hit Points: 76
Armor Class: 5
THAC0: 15
Alignment: Neutral (Neutral Good)

STR 12 (+0 to attack and +0 to damage)
DEX 11 (+0 to missile attacks and initiative and -0 to armor class)
CON 16 (+0 on poison saving throws)
INT 21 (+30% to technology and 5 languages, English, French, Inuktitut, Nakoda, Spanish)
WIL 14
CHA 19 (-2 to reaction rolls, 8 retainers at morale 10 each)
Skills*: Academics 3 (chemistry, engineering), Athletics 1, Business 4, Crafting (brewing, repair) 5, Diplomacy 4, Medicine 1, Outdoors 2, Perception 1, Performing 1, Piloting 3, Politics 1, Stealth 1
Equipment: Ballistic Nylon Long-johns (Red), Borealis II (see below), Dagger, Shotgun, Laser Pistol Mk 2, Force Field Belt, several tons of trade goods, lots of moonshine.

Mr. Nicholas is an aged but powerful man with a thick beard, and ham-sized hands. Most folks find Mr. Nicholas intimidating on first acquaintance, but this impression quickly fades when around friends and children when his booming laugh and infectious smile comes out. Mr. Nicholas is a very successful merchant and inventor who has made a name for himself in many a remote locale as a purveyor of quality whiskey and seller of trade goods. He is widely known to be tough but honest, and willing to trade with nearly anyone (except known man-eaters and slavers). Because of his accomplishments and growing influence amongst independent merchants and junk traders, Mr Nicholas now has a 10,000gp bounty on his head posted by the Mega-corporation CostMart (http://mythadvocate.blogspot.com/2010/05/atomic-dawn-costmart.html), though none have yet survived attempts to collect this tempting sum.
Notes: Mr. Nicholas is a patron/mentor type of character in my home games. He started out as a junk merchant with a Landmaster-esq trade vehicle, but has come far indeed. Now he has several fortress hidey-holes where he brews moonshine and maintains repair facilities, the largest rumored to be somewhere near Mount Robson (British Columbia). His personal technological skills allow Mr Nicholas to understand and build devices of WWI level of technology, though lack of facilities often defaults his abilities to an ambitious 1890's level of gadgeteering. Hypertech devices are beyond him though he can repair light damage and utilize advanced materials with exceptional skill.

*Lifting this straits from John D. Higg's excellent Engines and Empires game. However, in using this with Mutant Future, I allow Pure Humans increased skill points (as a Halfling in that product) to offset their lack of mutation powers. The basic system involves rolling under the listed number with a D6.

Borealis II
Required Crew: 20 (advanced controls)
Top Speed: 100 mph
Cargo: 72 tonnes (71 LT; 79 ST)
Structural Hit Points: 300
Armor: Reactive Armor Skin (AC 1)
Weaponry: 3 Machineguns (1 top, 1 fore, 1 aft)
Dimensions: Length 784 ft, Beam- 133 ft, Height- 146 ft.
Special: Stealth Skin (invisible to radar), Class IV sensor system.
The Borealis II is a rigid airship (ala Zeppelin) though using helium, advanced materials and impressive armors and salvaged gadgets to make it far more reliable than its WWI predecessors. Photovoltaic cells and Ethanol burning engines supply most of the power for the airship. This 784 ft long vessel can carry up to 72 tonnes (71 LT; 79 ST) of cargo. Mr Nicholas uses this vessel as his primary home, and so it is equipped with a well-stocked but small workshop, a comfortable lounge/study, and a still. As much of the vessel is cobbled together from fallen robots and junked relic vessels, the overall effect is a bit slap-dash, but the vessel is tough and very reliable. The living quarters can best be described as "rustic pigsty".
Presently the crew of the Borealis II consists of 2 androids, 4 Homo Erectus and an assortment of humans and mutants, all of whom are fanatically loyal to Mr Nicholas. There is always at least one Blacksmith and one Scholar aboard, with the rest being treated as (Sky) Sailors in regards to skill. The entire crew is male save for the cook, a Canisoid by the name of Wilma who cooks all the four food groups- Beans, bacon, whisky and lard. Salads are strictly forbidden.
Last edited by MythAdvocate on Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:04 am, edited 3 times in total.
MythAdvocate

Postby Agrippa » Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:04 am

Another character, this time taken straight from Nicklodeon's Invader Zim.

Sergent Slab Rankle, Chief of Mall Security
If there weren't any rules we'd have chaos! And if we had chaos, oh I don't want to think about that.

Class Level: Ruffian 12 (1,040,685)
Level: 10
Hit Points: 158 (8,6,5,4,6,8,3,7,6,7,3,4,8,8,3,8,7+8,3,6,8,2,4,1,7,8,6,2,2)
Armor Class: 4
THAC0: 11
Alignment: Lawful (Lawful Evil)

Attacks: 3/round, +3 to attack for melee and +1 to attack for missle at a range of 800 ft.
Damage: 1d3+4+1d8 and 1d4+4 (1d4+10 for up to an hour) melee and 8d6 missile.

Strength: 15 (19 for levels) (+3 to attack and +4 to damage)
Dexterity: 11 (14 for levels) (+1 to missile attacks and initiative and -1 to armor class)
Constitution: 14 (17 for Pure Human) (+0 on poison saving throws)
Intelligence: 13 (16 for Pure Human) (+10% to technology and three languages, English is one of them)
Willpower: 11 (12 for levels)
Charisma: 9 (12 for Pure Human) (-0 to reaction rolls, 4 retainers at morale 7 each)

Thief Skills: Climb Walls 98% (103% for Dex) Move Silently 64% (69% for Dex) Hide in Shadows 50% (55% for Dex) Hear Noise 1-5 Backstab x4

Kit
Ballistic nylon mall security uniform (AC 5), infared binocculars, vibro dagger, two shock gloves (adds 1d8 points of electrical damage to unarmed attacks), plasma rifle plus three Minifusion cells, 10 concussion grenade (50 more hidden in his office) and a mall wide security system. He also commands an army of zombies made from the bodies of mall rules violators.

After serving 20 years in the U.S. Army special forces, Sergent Slab Rankle, age 42, was discharged with numerous military citations for mental instabilty. Sergent Rankle spent much of his time looking for a carreer best suited to his temperment and obsession with order. He became a mall cop. Unlike his fellow mall security officers he never allowed shoplifters and other criminals to leave the mall, alive. Rankle's harsh and uncomprimising treatment towards all mall rule transgressors is a natural result of his desire for a more ordered and law-abiding society, nay, world. While he is a brutal and fanatical tyrant of City Center Mall, Slab has absolutely no desire for world conquest. Instead he believes that the key to preventing society from collapsing into anarchy is to maintain strict order within the Malls, for if the Malls fall so will everything else. Each night he takes detained rules violators and has then converted into zombies to act as his security forces.

Mall Zombies
As LL zombies but three hit dice higher can only inflict subdual damage.
Last edited by Agrippa on Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:56 am, edited 4 times in total.
Agrippa

Postby Blood axe » Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:35 am

No mutants??? The game is MUTANT Future! ;)
To defend: This is the Pact.
But when life loses its value,
and is taken for naught -
then the Pact is to Avenge.
Blood axe

Postby Agrippa » Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:19 am

Blood axe wrote:No mutants??? The game is MUTANT Future! ;)

While I'd like to have the prize, I'm not sure I can accept it. That said I do have ideas for a few more characters and at least one of them will be a mutant. And I'll be using my own house rules in making them. One of them might be tricky though. One she's a spontaneous caster and two she could probably make use of a spell or power point system. The little sorcereress will definitely be one of the mutants.
Agrippa

Postby Agrippa » Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:53 am

Carmen Sandiago, Master Thief
Why me? - Typical comment after talking to one of her idiotic employees.

Class Level: Thief 18
Character Level: 12
Hit Points: 105 (6,4,1,1,1,2,3,7,7,6,2,6,2,3,3+4,3,6,5,2,6,2,4,1+18)
Alignment: Chaotic (Chaotic Neutral)

Attacks: 1/round, +0 to attack for melee and +5 to attack for missles.
Damage: 1d3
Thief skills: Open Locks 84%,Find Traps 83%, Remove Traps 76%, Climb Walls 104%, Move Silently 76%, Hide in Shadows 64%, Pick Pockets 105%, Hear Noise 1-5 out of 6 and Backstab x5

Strength: 8 (12 for levels) (+0 to attack and +0 to damage)
Dexterity: 16 (20 for levels) (+4 to missile attacks, -3 to initiative and -4 to armor class)
Constitution: 11 (14 for Pure Strain Human) (15 for levels) (+0 on poison saving throws)
Intelligence: 16 (19 for Pure Strain Human) (+20% to technology and four languages, English, French, Spanish and Portaguese)
Willpower: 7 (9 for levels)
Charisma: 12 (15 for Pure Strain Human) (-1 to reaction rolls, 5 retainers at morale 8 each)

Kit
Red trenchcoat and fedora, lock picking and trap disarming kit, binocculars, sunglasses, black cotton pinstripe pantsuit and black patton leather boots.

To be finshed later.
Last edited by Agrippa on Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Agrippa

Postby Agrippa » Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:11 am

Caleb Stone, Scourge of the Wicked
Race: Mutant Human
Class Level: Thief 19
Character Level: 12
Hit Points: 95 (+2+6+2+1+6+4+2+2+2+6+5+1+3+3 plus 1+5+5+1+4+4+3+1+1+20 from class levels)
Alignment: Lawful (maybe a dark Lawful Good)

Attacks: 3/round
Melee: +4
Missile: +8
Damage
Melee: 1d4+1d6+5
Missile: 1d10+1d6+6
Thief skills: Open Locks 86% (111% after adding Dexterity bonus), Find Traps 86% (91% after adding Intelligence bonus), Remove Traps 79% (104% after adding Dexterity bonus), Climb Walls 105% (147% after adding Dexterity and Increased Balance bonus), Move Silently 78% (103% after adding Dexterity bonus), Hide in Shadows 66% (91% after adding Dexterity bonus), Pick Pockets 110% (135% after adding Dexterity bonus), Hear Noise 1-5 out of 6 and Backstab x5

Strength: 13 (+1 to attack and damage)
Dexterity: 15 (20 from levels) (+4 to missile attacks, -3 to initiative and -4 to armor class)
Constitution: 14 (15 from levels)
Intelligence: 14 (+5% to tech rolls and two languages)
Willpower: 10 (11 from levels)
Charisma: 5 (7 from levels) (+1 to reaction rolls, 3 retainers at morale 6 each)

Physical Mutations (if any)
Increased Balance/Mutation Score 17: Add 17% to Climb Walls checks.
Increased Dexterity/Mutation Score 10: Subtract 2 from Caleb’s armor class.
Increased Hearing/Mutation Score 9: Extra chance to hear noise as a thief.
Increased Precision/Mutation Score 14: All long range missile attacks Caleb makes are instead treated as medium range missile attacks. +2 to missile damage
Quickness/Mutation Score 17: Caleb’s base indoor speed is 93‘ 4“ per round at normal speed and 280‘ per round at a full run. He has an outdoor speed of 280‘ per round and 840‘ per round at a full outdoor run.

Mental Mutations (if any)
Combat Empathy/Mutation Score 16: Add +2 to attack and +4 to damage.
Control Light Waves/Mutation Score 11: Caleb can become invisible in dark and shady areas.
Martial Affinity/Mutation Score 11: All attacks made by Caleb are made at +2 to hit and inflict an additional 1d6 points of damage.

Kit
Thieves tools, twin six-shooters, one Soulfire bowie knife (dagger of undeterminded qualities), outfit and ten days field rations.

Personality and Background
Some men are born to great power while others seek it or have it thrust upon them. Caleb had his power infused into him through occult brands forced on him by demons. As you can guess he's not too happy about it.
Caleb was once a normal man who did extraordinary things.

I'm not finished with him of course. More tomorrow.
Last edited by Agrippa on Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:03 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Agrippa

Postby greyarea » Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:51 pm

The Mound

Race: Mutant Plant
Hit Points: 66
Armor Class: 9
Alignment: True Neutral

STR: 20 (+4 to hit/damage)
DEX: 9
CON: 21 (+3 poison / +2 radiation)
INT: 3 (-15% technology)
WIL: 16
CHA: 3 (reaction adjustment +2)

Languages: none

Mutations:
Dermal Acid Sap (3d6 damage) - burns
Free Movement
Full Senses
Empathy
Neural Telepathy
Unique sense (Fear)

Kit
none

The mound is a mass of mutated plant matter from swamps far from where ever it is encountered. Its unsettling appearance and inability to speak will often cause a negative reaction, but it is kind and gentle in its ways. It has the ability to speak directly into the minds of others but rarely does so due to its low intelligence and inability to communicate clearly. If attacked it will respond with empathic attacks and with its burning touch. It can sense fear in its enemies and will focus its empathic attacks on those most fearful to immobilize them in their terror. All it really wants is to be left alone, but will help kind PCs to the best of its ability. He carries nothing and will collect no items.
greyarea

Postby MythAdvocate » Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:12 pm

Stinky Pete
Race: Mutant Animal (Porcupine)
Level: 3
Hit Points: 65
Armor Class: 6
THAC0: 17 (15 ranged)
Alignment: Neutral (Lawful Neutral)

STR 13 (+1 to attack and +1 to damage)
DEX 16 (+2 to missile attacks and initiative and -2 to armor class)
CON 16
INT 13 (+5% to technology and 2 languages, English, French)
WIL 12
CHA 11 (0 to reaction rolls, no retainers)
Natural Weapon: Claws (1d4)
Mutations: Know Direction, Pain Insensitivity, Phobia (Water), Spiny Growth (1d8), Toxic Weapon (Spines-class 10 Paralysis)
Skills: Academics 1, Athletics 1, Business 1, Crafting 1, Diplomacy 1, Medicine 2, Outdoors 3, Perception 1, Performing 1, Piloting 1, Politics 1, Stealth 3.
Kit: Axe, Backpack, Bedroll, Flint and steel, Manacles, Shield, Short Sword, Spyglass, Trail Rations, Hemp Rope (50 ft.), Waterskin.

Stinky Pete is a skilled backwoodsman and notorious bouty hunter operating up around the Kingdom of Ashing (near modern British Columbia). He wears little besides a belt, patched trousers, boots and his gear, as his spines destroy most clothing and armor. Petes spines and personal odor (a strong musky reek) make gaining friends a challenge. But despite his loneliness pete is a friendly soul, and is known to be relatively decent to those bounties he has captured alive.
MythAdvocate

Next

Return to Mutant Future