Searchers of the Unknown PbP by me?

Post your online or in person gamer meetups here! Post here if seeking to start a game.

Searchers of the Unknown PbP by me?

Postby 3llense'g » Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:32 pm

I've been considering this for a while now: Not sure yet, but I might start a SotU PbP here. The obvious question is if it's allowed, but I assume yes. :) I'm sure Greyharp will tell me.

The other, more important question is if anyone is interested in playing in a SotU game run by me. :D As for campaign plans: boring vanilla low fantasy, with maybe a few twists here and there. Haven't planned yet. Posting frequency would be about every day or two.

If you'd play in my game please answer in this topic, and any question not answered by my signature links should be likewise posted here.

EDIT:
A bit of setting and campaign info

The first age of the world was that of the goblinods. The harsh northlands were ruled by the gnolls and their furry brethren, the forests and grasslands were the domain of the orcs. Their nomadic tribes over- and underground gave them mastery of all the continents. Memory of this age only the goblinoids retain.

Then came man and their god to cast them from the surface, venturing forth only occasionally afterwards. Humans spread and built great city-pyramids to please their god Sayas'Tu. Therein lived their rulers and nobles and clergy, and on the bottom level the craftsmen and merchants to trade between the cities. Around them, uncounted peasants toiled to feed the pyramids. But Sayas'Tu was a cruel god, and he angered the other deities. In a great battle, he was slain, and cataclysm struck his people. The earth swallowed the pyramids with most of their denizens inside. Only the tip of the greatest pyramids remained above the surface. The peasants fled and became onto beasts, the nobles remained in their rotting halls to feed on carrion and each other. All awaiting the return of their dead god.

Centuries passed, before a new nation has risen from the east, spreading slowly for centuries until it's borders reached the center of the ancient empire, finding the first of the above-ground city-pyramids. The king, his advisers and the clerics of the eastern gods are weary of it's ancient secrets and long-dead magics. The land beyond the gloomy relic's decaying meridian is once again roamed by the orcs and hobgoblins - and further north, their bugbear brethren - slowly reclaiming their long-forgotten birthright.

This is the third age.

A bit of house rule info

I'm working on some very basic equipment packs so that shopping is minimized. Other than that, I'm not planning on adding any additional classes or races to the base game (like halflings, wizards, or even my own monk class) but may do so later.
I intend this campaign to be very player skill oriented (as opposed to character skill) so expect puzzles and clues (the goblinoids will have their own made up language, and the degenerate pyramid-dwellers might speak a butchered version of latin).
Last edited by 3llense'g on Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vornheim & Searchers of the Unknown is all you need! Read my blog, Countersong!
3llense'g

Re: Searchers of the Unknown PbP by me?

Postby greyarea » Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:25 pm

Could be fun. I'm in.
greyarea

Postby 3llense'g » Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:22 pm

greyarea wrote:Could be fun. I'm in.

Thanks! :) That's one... anyone else?
3llense'g

Postby 3llense'g » Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:42 pm

I added a bit more info about my intentions to maybe sway people into joining in. :)
3llense'g

Postby 3llense'g » Wed May 01, 2013 10:19 am

I'm posting (a small part of) the map I constructed. I'll try my luck at another forum if noone else is interested here. :)

Direct link
3llense'g

Return to Gamer Gatherings