This Week at a Character For Every Game

This area is for people to discuss and/or advertise their blogs. Material for sale should be advertised in the Advertisements forum.

Re: This Week at a Character For Every Game

Postby Dyson Logos » Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:52 pm

Posted another 7 articles this week (post-a-day-2011 continues unabated) - and here are the OSR-relevant highlights for those of you who don't want to read about World of Darkness mummies and XCrawl DJs.

• Ochre Rock - a map and encounter from my most recent Labyrinth Lord / AEC campaign
  • Strange Stones - d12 table to determine the nature of those standing stones you have just stumbled across
  • Reskinning Dragons - Making dragons unique by tweaking a little thing here or there.
  • Blog Birthday Retrospective - thoughts on 2 years of A Character For Every Game

And rumour has it that Dyson's Dodecahedron Issue 3 will be out sometime this week.
Dyson's Dodecahedron
an RPG blog with a butt-load of maps
Dyson Logos

Postby Dyson Logos » Fri Mar 25, 2011 4:17 pm

Big week with some major "releases" for me:

Dyson's Dodecahedron
Dyson Logos

Postby Dyson Logos » Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:29 am

So, I managed to forget to post this last week. So I'll just skip that week's posts and tell you all that if you aren't checking out the blog regularly you are missing some cool shit, like my post-apocalyptic rad ruins, new potions, a collection of free LL downloadables, and my one page dungeon entry - Into the Worm's Gullet.

So let's get on to this week!

• Rad's Ashes! - my second post-apocalyptic map posted to the blog - the rad ruins!
  • Baboons - recently Rock Baboons (Higher Baboons in Labyrinth Lord) have taken over as my favourite gang-up critter, replacing goblins as my go-to-gangs. Here's why.
  • Carnage & Criticals - bringing the concept of Warhammer FRP style critical hits to basic D&D, and keeping it simple.
  • Ember Crag - another one of my maps, this time a volcano dungeon that turned up twice in one campaign, and exists to appear another time in a different (evil) campaign.
  • Flowing Fountains - random tables to add detail (and a twist) to dungeon fountains.
  • Inifinite Caves of the Shroom-Goblins - first of three posts detailing this dungeon drawn by JDJarvis.
Dyson's Dodecahedron
Dyson Logos

Postby Dyson Logos » Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:53 pm

Hola! Another week, another occasional post of interest to you old-schoolers:

Dyson's Dodecahedron
Dyson Logos

Postby Dyson Logos » Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:28 pm

Easter Weekend is here, and that means another week of posts to pimp and promote.

Dyson's Dodecahedron
Dyson Logos

Postby Dyson Logos » Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:51 pm

New material of interest to the old school (excluding my rants and editorials)

Dyson's Dodecahedron
Dyson Logos

Postby Dyson Logos » Fri May 06, 2011 4:13 pm

This has been the week of the Vertical Geomorph (with obvious blame aimed at Jeff Rients)

• Vertical Morphology is a page that collects the current vertical gemorphs from the blogosphere in one place, including my own contributions to date.
  • Elven Warder Class - Labyrinth Lord class for elves who have dedicated themselves to the wilderness, becoming warriors of the woodlands and plains, backing up their potent skills with specialized magics from their kin.
  • Elven Warder Magics - six new spells for the elven warder class.
  • Cartography Carnival Wrap-Up - hundred or so articles and blog posts of maps and cartography from the April RPG Blog Carnival. Some amazing maps and great reading for mappers in here!
Dyson's Dodecahedron
Dyson Logos

Postby Dyson Logos » Sat May 14, 2011 5:24 pm

While I'm going to be spending most of this coming week on that Turducken of Stupid, the ultimate in bad post-apocalyptic RPGs, deadEarth, this past week was a lot more OSR-friendly.

• Return to the Tutorial Dungeon - A compact-and-yet-sprawling dungeon map extended from the side-view map I drew for the "Dyson Mapping Tutorial" I posted last month.
  • Return to the Temple of Illhan - Come see what Justin Alexander has been doing with the Ruins of the Temple of Illhan.
  • Vertical Morphology has been updated with not only a bunch of new side-view geomorphs of my own, but from blogs all around.
Dyson's Dodecahedron
Dyson Logos

Postby Dyson Logos » Sat May 21, 2011 4:20 pm

While I've been spending a bunch of time with deadEarth lately, I decided I could make it somewhat useful to everyone else by including Mutant Future stats for my deadEarth creations.

Dyson's Dodecahedron
Dyson Logos

Postby Dyson Logos » Sat May 28, 2011 2:05 am

Dyson's Dodecahedron
Dyson Logos

PreviousNext

Return to Bloggers