8. The Ruins of Xitaqa

Moderator: tumblingdice

Re: 8. The Ruins of Xitaqa

Postby badams30 » Mon Jun 15, 2015 6:00 pm

Athelstan - Fighter

Athelstan punches his open palm with his fist and says "Either of the glowing destinations is fine with me. I long for Chrysomer to taste the blood of those responsible for this slaughter of the Duke's people. Let's agree to a destination and get moving in the morning."
badams30

Postby tumblingdice » Sat Jun 20, 2015 12:58 am

Stephan puts his arm on Athelstan's shoulder. "My friend," he says, pointing to the lower glowing destination, "we just came from there. May I suggest we go here instead." He points to the city at the top of the map.

"Enough talk of plans," Pyotr interrupts. "My brother, you were gone for nearly a month. I thought you were dead. And you," he says, turning to the party, "have been out looking for him. And now. And now, you're back. It is time to celebrate. Darya! Alfana! Stellios! Let us prepare a feast!"

The homestead buzzes with activity as plans to drink, eat, be merry, drink, and drink some more go into action. "And let's not forget," Pyotr says, "there are still horses to be sold. But first, baths for everyone. Especially you, my friend Jorg. You smell like a wet wolf!"

Pyotr's mother Kuzma eyes Jorg with interest as you all shuffle off to bathe, relax and tend your wounds. You can probably squeeze in a nap before the feast begins. Anybody wish to do anything else?
Get thee to the dungeon. Get thee to the dungeon forthwith. Pass not the barbican. Amass not 200 GP.
tumblingdice

Postby badams30 » Sat Jun 20, 2015 1:25 am

Athelstan - Fighter

Athelstan will enjoy a nice bath and a thorough washing of his clothes and cleaning of his gear. He'll spend whatever time before the celebration polishing his armor and sword, and he'll attend to Bud, making sure he's brushed and fed well.

Athelstan will happily make merry, but his focus is on taking the fight to the bad guys who have pillaged the area.
badams30

Postby greyarea » Sat Jun 20, 2015 12:35 pm

Tret finds an empty room and pulls out the items he took from the dead mage. He will examine the dagger closely to determine value. He also studies the rings, robes, and the belt, examining the odd buckle closely.
greyarea

Postby kipper » Sat Jun 20, 2015 2:55 pm

Old Anja (Shaman)

Anja refuses to bathe, but will partake greedily of the food.
kipper

Postby badams30 » Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:12 am

Athelstan - Fighter

Upon scanning the treasure haul and the realization that much of this gold has come from the sacked homesteads, Athelstan will attempt to gather the group privately sometime before the festivities.
"It's obvious that much of this wealth is the result of the attacks on these homesteaders, and it is blood money. I think we should devise a way to distribute the bulk of this to those who have suffered to aid in rebuilding their lives." He'll pause and then continues "We've raked in a decent amount of treasure as well. Which reminds me, did the yellow robed one or any of the other dead have anything of note on them?"

Athelstan will insist on coming up with a distribution that is equitable to the survivors. Perhaps Pyotr and his crew could assist in this - they seem as honest as any we've met. it may get us some additional brownie points with those in the countryside.
badams30

Postby greyarea » Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:28 am

Tret will insist that Athelstan is nutters when he returns and hears what's said. We got this loot fair and square, he will declare. You're just giving it away like you own the place? Doesn't our work mean nothin' to ya?

He reports on the yellow robed one's stuff: I forgot, Soldath has the rings. The robe and belt are ordinary, nothing worthwhile there. The dagger ain't magical or nothin', just a dagger. I keep hopin' for magic.
greyarea

Postby badams30 » Mon Jun 22, 2015 12:08 pm

Athelstan - Fighter

Athelstan scowls at Tret and says quietly "Besides being the right thing to do, think about it... all this coin, we can't conceal it, and before long it's going to draw attention. And while we may be strong enough to hold off some goblins and the like, but a mass of angry homesteaders who see us profiting from their stolen coin? I'm not of their upbringing, but I'd imagine I'd be a bit interested in this if I were in their shoes."

Athelstan shakes his finger at the party - "These people are simple folks eking out a living here in the wilderness. This is their money. We have directions to these places of old, no doubt filled with the treasures of old as well. And no one has claim to them other than us when we go take them and clean the place out. I don't know how our fallen would feel about stealing from these simpletons, but I can't stand by and let these people be robbed again."

Athelstan channels his best Renardius stance and scowl and waits to hear what the party says.
(Yeah, he's a goody two shoes. That coin could buy some serious armor or goods...)
badams30

Postby kwll » Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:05 pm

Meringered will fully participate to the celebration, eating and drinking what he can (and cannot). He will timidly take advantage of the cleaning facilities for himself, his clothes and gear as well.

As for giving back the coins to the villagers the cleric will not necessarily oppose directly Athelstan, but will simply propose: "Why don't we ask directly to them and their leaders what to do with these coins? Shouldn't they be the ones to decide after all?"
Tasrem End lvl 8 Magic User HP 15/15 XP 200001/310001
Meringered lvl 4 Cleric HP 14/14 XP 12246/12501
Calthas lvl 2 Elven Archer HP 18/18 XP 119/190
kwll

Postby badams30 » Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:17 pm

Athelstan - Fighter

Athelstan listens to what Meringered says and then says "Of course, I'm not saying I or anyone here should decide on this, but merely stating that I think it is best to give most of this, MOST of this, to the settlers. I agree, the local leaders should be consulted, as I think some of these homesteads and their occupants are likely dead and obliterated. I understand the sentiment that we earned this coin through blood sweat and the lives of our colleagues, but innocents were slaughtered and their meager possessions and coin were forfeit to those who did this, and I think it fitting to return much of it to them."

Athelstan shrugs and stands silent, waiting to see what the decision is. If the party decides to give it back, we probably need to consult Pyotr as soon as possible. If the party decides to NOT give back the coin (most of it, anyway) then he'll angrily storm off.
badams30

PreviousNext

Return to Night's Dark Terror