Labyrinth Lord Treasure Book Cover Contest

This forum is for displaying your artwork for feedback, or just for fun.

Labyrinth Lord Treasure Book Cover Contest

Postby Mark » Mon May 30, 2011 12:15 am

Introduction

I'm proud of my Labyrinth Lord Treasure Book Utility. Based on the feedback I've gotten directly and indirectly, others have found it useful as well. Both the online generator and nightly generated books have found an audience.

The contents are fine but it needs an identity. Such an identity can only come from artwork. So, I have decided to hold an open artwork contest for cover art for the free utility. I do not require exclusive license to the artwork, just the right to reproduce it on demand on the cover the treasure book. The artist is free to use the work for other purposes. Artist will be credited within the book including contact information, website info, etc.

Contest Details

Entries are for artwork to adorn the cover of the book but need not be a full cover. Full covers including title, artwork and layout are encouraged but not required.

The Prize Pool
  • 1st: Prize: $100.00 (USD)
  • 2nd Prize: $50.00
  • 3rd Prize: $25.00

Prizes will be paid either through PayPal, via gift certificate at DriveThruRPG/RPGNow or via gift card at Amazon.com. The winners must select a preferred payment upon notification of a prize.

Entries & Judging

Entries must be posted on this thread by June 30, 2011. All members of the Goblinoid Games' forums can vote for up to three entries. Voting ends July 8th, 2011.

I will down select from the top five entries, based on forum votes, and announce the prize winners the week of July 10th, 2011. Winners will be notified via private message on the forum site to coordinate payout. I reserve the right to change the contest details, if necessary due to some unforeseen event. All changes will be posted on this thread.

Questions?

Post them here. I'll be monitoring the thread.
Mark

Re: Labyrinth Lord Treasure Book Cover Contest

Postby formidonis_vir » Tue May 31, 2011 7:24 am

Just curious - what are the page dimensions? This sounds like a great contest!
I like orcs that look like pigs... I'm sorry, call me 20th century.
formidonis_vir

Postby Mark » Tue May 31, 2011 11:41 am

Paper size is A4 (~8.5x11 inches).
Mark

Postby Mark » Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:22 pm

Three weeks left to go.
Mark

Postby scadgrad » Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:33 pm

B&W or Color? Which do you prefer? Also, for those of us who might consider doing the full layout for the cover (with illo) could you provide all the necessary copy (working title, author's name, logos you might use, etc.). Thanks.
scadgrad

Postby Mark » Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:13 pm

I lean toward color for cover art. Black and white is fine as well.

Cover Details: The working title is Treasure Book on Demand. The title isn't very imaginative but it has been the name since the start of the project. Author field is completely optional. My full name is Mark Hassman if you wish to include it. Full covers should include the Labyrinth Lord Compatibility Logo somewhere. I don't have a quality logo for Mithril and Mages so I've chosen not to include one for the cover. (The logo is a project for another day.)

Does that cover it?
Mark

Postby Mark » Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:46 pm

Due to poor planning on my part, I'll be unavailable the last week of June. If you have questions, please post them by Thursday, June 23rd. After the 24th, I will not respond to any questions. I return on July 2nd. By then, entries will be closed and the community members can begin voting.

Just FYI.
Mark

Postby scadgrad » Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:41 pm

Thanks for the clarification. I'm assuming you want them posted in this thread?
scadgrad

Postby Mark » Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:39 pm

Yes, please post them on this thread.
Mark

Postby Mark » Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:50 pm

Just over a week left. Entries should be posted on this thread by Midnight, June 30th Mountain Daylight Time. Feel free to scale images to be forum friendly. As I mentioned previously, poor planning on my part means I'll be in another state when the contest ends and without reliable network access. Forum members are free to vote on their favorite entries after the contest closes.

I should be able to answer any last minute question through Friday June 24th.

Good luck all.
Mark

Next

Return to Art Forum