Welcome to Daggerford!

badams30's Labyrinth Lord p=b-p game.

Moderator: badams30

Re: Welcome to Daggerford!

Postby badams30 » Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:11 am

To The Aid of Cromm!

With the first rays of sunshine coming through the shutters, the day dawns bright and seasonably chilly. You all tend to your morning rituals and routines, getting dressed and eating, and then you make your way to the drill field for the morning formation and duty assignments. Sgt. Hurd, the second most senior man in Troop Alpha, is leading the formation today, and thanks you for volunteering to take the short handed shift. True to Sgt. Schultz's word, he assigns you to wall and Farmer's gate for the day. He hands you the alert bugle and says, "you know the drill... any emergency requiring backup, blow the horn. See you all this evening."

Sgt Hurd commands the formation to fall out and report to their assigned duties, and the troops all depart, happily chatting and commenting on the pleasant fall day, a perfect day to be outside. You all make your way to the Farmer's gate and relieve the previous watch, who bid you good day, and they depart, leaving you all at the gate.

As you expected, your duty at the Farmer's Gate rapidly becomes a repeating cycle of farmers, locals and wagons coming and going, with a fair amount of provisions being routed to the Duke's residence, and the barracks. You greet the people entering and leaving, and chat with the occasional local, and the task at hand starts to become predictably routine... until

About two hours after you start your shift at the gate, the serenity of the day is interrupted by a rider, rapidly approaching. As he draws closer, people begin to move aside, startled at this sudden flurry of activity. As the rider nears the gate, approximately 50 feet short of the entry, he falls off his horse with a solid thud. The horse comes to a halt, shaking, foaming at the mouth, and obviously near collapse. As you cautiously approach, you see the rider is attired in studded leather of the same variety as your Militia issued armor, although this man is not familiar to you. As you get to within 5 feet of him, he weekly lifts his head, and raises a hand toward you... As you get next to him, you see that he has several puncture wounds, and what appears to be a javelin, broken off in his back. in a startling burst of energy, he says to you "Lizard men.." He gasps and continues "Lizard men raided Baron Cromm's holding... need help.... pleeasssseeee..." With that, he is unconscious.

Actions?
badams30

Postby Spanningtree » Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:27 am

Nahin - Elf

Nahin will approach the downed rider and put his hand on his forehead. This man needs immediate attention! Looking toward the cleric and paladin. With that he will run to the bugle and give it a toot.
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin
Spanningtree

Postby Atomic Ray » Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:37 am

Han Overfist, augur

"on my way!...paladin first and then I will follow up with the blessings of Tymora..."
“The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of the infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.”
― H.P. Lovecraft
Atomic Ray

Postby tumblingdice » Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:38 am

Rory will stay out of the way as the healers do their work.
Get thee to the dungeon. Get thee to the dungeon forthwith. Pass not the barbican. Amass not 200 GP.
tumblingdice

Postby greyarea » Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:06 pm

OOC: Paladin first? What kind of cleric is Han?

Marcus, paladin

Marcus closes the distance at top speed and immediately Lays on Hands (to heal 2 HP at current level) all the while asking him questions: "How many Lizard men? Where is Cromm's holding? How many are injured? What can you tell us?"
greyarea

Postby Atomic Ray » Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:06 pm

OCC: Han is a cleric of Tymora...Goddess of Luck...playing in character I was thinking let the other guy give it a try and I will follow up with the Luck of Tymora...he will need it with his great injuries...plus I was helping the process by making a decision to get him help quick with out any debate :D

Han Overfist, augur

"Let the favor of Tymora bring this brave man luck and health...(starts chanting)...lasci la volontà di salute di concessione di tymora lasci la volontà di salute di concessione di tymora lasci la volontà di salute di concessione di tymora"

cure light wounds 1D6+1
http://www.wizards.com/dnd/dice/dice.htm
Roll(1d6)+1:
4,+1
Total:5

Han, through the grace of Tymora, heals for 5hp :)
Last edited by Atomic Ray on Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of the infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.”
― H.P. Lovecraft
Atomic Ray

Postby kjc » Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:37 pm

Jayce - Fighter

Jayce, knowing he is out of his element in treating the wounded soldier, waits impatiently for other milita to respond to the bugle call. If a superior officer responds he will relate what the downed warrior reported. If no officer responds he will direct the new arrivals to man the posts that Alpha Troop had to abandon. He will then shout his intention to his team that he will personally find either Cmdr. Spearslayer or Sgt. Schultz to relay the information. His goal is to mobilize a response to the Lizardmen attack and rescue survivors as quickly as possible.
"This looks like a place we've never been to before!"
-My five-year-old son
kjc

Postby badams30 » Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:36 am

You quickly move to help the injured rider, blowing the alert bugle on your way out. Almost immediately, Sherlen and Baergon Bluesword come running from the marketplace area, and you can see 5-6 other militia patrol members coming your way as well. (I'm going to cut a couple of your actions off, I hope you understand - all of your actions will remain as-is, except for Marcus' and Han's healing actions) Sherlen steps up to the man, and while assessing him, says to no one in particular - "What is going on? Did he say anything? You quickly relate what happened, and what the man said, and as this is occurring, Baergon steps in front of Marcus and Han as they are preparing to administer aid to the downed rider. Baergon holds his hand up saying, "Wait! save your aid, we may have need of it yet this day. I will attend to his injuries." With that, Sherlen motions you all aside, as Baergon kneels over the man and starts to pray.

Sherlen glances at you all, then for a moment at the approaching militia reinforcements. She sighs and says in an exasperated tone: "Damn. We don't have the manpower to deal with this." She looks at you with a look of steely determination and says, "Baron Cromm is an old friend of the Duke, and a staunch ally of Daggerford... we must help him. Wait here." She steps away briefly, just out of earshot, and barks some orders to the guards who arrive, and 3 of them quickly turn about and scurry off in the direction of the barracks.

Sherlen steps back to you all and says in a quieter voice, "I can't spare these men. And while they have spirit, they have no experience, and I fear that they are not up to the task. That's why I'm having you respond to this. (NOTE: you are aware of the location and route to Cromm's holding. While you haven't been there before, it's common knowledge. You know that Cromm's hold is 15 miles away, and is about 2 hours of hard riding) They are gathering your mounts now, and you'll depart immediately. Assist the Baron, secure the area, and help in any way that you can. I will send for the scout patrol that is on the Secomber Way, and have them make their way to Cromm's. If you find yourselves outnumbered or the situation is grim, hold the line - we will get help to you as quickly as possible." She pauses to look you all in the eyes, one at a time, and for a moment, looks more like a concerned colleague than a hardened warrior, and she says: "Be careful. As you are aware, the lizardmen are unpredictable, and despite some gestures of peace lately, there is old, bad history with them. Use your wits and you will all be fine. I know it. Now, here come your horses, RIDE! To the aid of Cromm!"

The guards bring you each a medium riding horse with the saddle and tack already in place. You mount up, and as you race out the Farmer's gate, you suddenly notice that many of the villagers have come out to see the commotion, and most are waving you on, and shouting words of encouragment, despite this unplanned foray into the unknown, the support does lift your spirits somewhat.

I'll pause here, if you have any quick actions or adjustments to make prior to departure, now is the time to do it. Obviously, you only have about 5 minutes or less before your horses arrive, so that's the limit. If there are no issues or major changes, we'll continue the post in the morning with the ride and arrival at Cromm's. As for the route, please see the newest map I've posted, it has the route to Cromm's, which sits adjacent the Lizard Marsh.. a lovely place... if you like swamps.
badams30

Postby connivingsumo » Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:43 am

DAK

" ...DAK smak lizurds! Com'on!" he looks to his new band of friends... hopeful.
SUCCESSFUL "TRADES" with: tumblingdice x2, Blood axe, and Kipper! ~ thanks to all of you! :D

"Be the change you want to see in the world." ~Gandhi
“If more of us valued food and cheer above hoarded gold, it would be a much merrier world.” ~J.R.R. Tolkien
connivingsumo

Postby Atomic Ray » Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:59 am

Han Overfist, augur

"Let's ride friends...duty and honor awaits"
― H.P. Lovecraft
Atomic Ray

PreviousNext

Return to Forgotten Realms: Northlands of Adventure