Labyrinth Lord Wiki

For discussion of all things Labyrinth Lord.

Labyrinth Lord Wiki

Postby jdcllns » Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:05 pm

Occasionally I work on the OSRIC wiki (http://www.knka.org/osricwiki/index.php?title=Main_Page). I'm wondering if we could do something like it for LL.
jdcllns

Re: Labyrinth Lord Wiki

Postby Dyson Logos » Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:12 pm

I'm actually surprised no one has put together a Labyrinth SRD site yet. I think it just goes to show how awesome the art-free edition of the game is that it hasn't been deemed necessary by anyone so far.

I'm actually going to be picking up "real" hosting space soon for ZERO/barrier and was definitely considering adding a hyperlinked SRD as one of the items on said site. I could do it as a wiki to make it community-editable.
Dyson's Dodecahedron
an RPG blog with a butt-load of maps
Dyson Logos

Postby jdcllns » Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:54 pm

I would love to work on the project. Although I would prefer to use something besides a wiki. My suggestion is Drupal. Spells and monsters could get their own content types making them extremely sortable and searchable. I already have plenty of hosting space.
jdcllns

Postby Malcadon » Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:34 am

I am the founder and admin of the Mutant Future Wiki. I made that wiki as a place for anyone to throw their random ideas and house-rules in one place. I have done a lot here, but supporters have been few and far between.

A Labyrinth Lord Wiki would be cool... Or better yet, a combined retro-clone wiki, with each article noting which system they are used in. It would be a great place to compare the systems, so players can choose which rules works best. I have been trying a multi-edition approach like that - from 1st to 7th, with notes on MA - with the Gamma World Wiki (but that wiki is in constant no-fan-support limbo, which is a shame, as the supplements and models are full of neat creatures and items. :( ).
Malcadon

Location: I'm at your game table, fuled by caffeine and madness!!!

Postby jdcllns » Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:39 pm

So is this something someone can do without violating the copyright? Is this covered under the open gaming license?
jdcllns

Postby Dyson Logos » Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:54 pm

Yes, it is covered under the terms of the OGL. However we couldn't use the name Labyrinth Lord within it or for it.
Dyson's Dodecahedron
Dyson Logos

Postby jdcllns » Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:46 pm

So we'll call it "The wiki of the most popular simulacrum of the most popular role playing game ever!" LOL
jdcllns

Postby Dyson Logos » Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:20 am

Instead I would approach Dan in person and talk about a license to call it the LabyrinthRD.
Dyson's Dodecahedron
Dyson Logos

Postby Malcadon » Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:01 am

So when did "game rules" suddenly became the subject of copyright? Last time I checked, they are covered under public domain. If you are concerned, you could add an OGL disclaimer somewhere on the site.
Malcadon

Location: I'm at your game table, fuled by caffeine and madness!!!

Postby petespahn » Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:56 pm

Malcadon wrote:So when did "game rules" suddenly became the subject of copyright? Last time I checked, they are covered under public domain. If you are concerned, you could add an OGL disclaimer somewhere on the site.

The rules are not covered, everything in Labyrinth Lord is open content EXCEPT the term Labyrinth Lord (and AEC). Dan has said in another post that you could reprint the whole game as long as you removed that term from the text (if I understood him correctly).
Small Niche Games
NEW: Tower of Boon Companions: A Swords & Wizardry WhiteBox adventure for 3rd-5th level characters.
Also check smallnichegames out on Google+
petespahn

Next

Return to Labyrinth Lord