Testing the waters... 16 questions for a new game :D

Post your online or in person gamer meetups here! Post here if seeking to start a game.

Re: Testing the waters... 16 questions for a new game :D

Postby connivingsumo » Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:07 am

badams30 wrote:Dang, Eric Estrada? Too bad you didn't think of that for the Daggerford thing, we could have found a "John" for your "Ponch." It would have been like CHiPS, except the Daggerford Militia.

Hmmm...

There's still time!! It's not too late! :lol:
SUCCESSFUL "TRADES" with: tumblingdice x2, Blood axe, and Kipper! ~ thanks to all of you! :D

"Be the change you want to see in the world." ~Gandhi
“If more of us valued food and cheer above hoarded gold, it would be a much merrier world.” ~J.R.R. Tolkien
connivingsumo

Re: Testing the waters... 16 questions for a new game :D

Postby Atomic Ray » Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:37 am

Necro-posting ahhahahahahhahahaha!

1) Good or Evil Characters? good...evil characters should be targets IMO

2) Do you want to start at level 1 (or even level ZERO?) and build up your character, or do you want to start at a higher level?...low level is welcome as long as the setting supports it

3) If you want to start "higher level" - what level would you like to start?...for a veteran's game 4-5th level

4) Do you prefer to play a 'series' of modules like the Slavers A1-A4? Or would you prefer to play a more 'random' order of modules that takes your character from level 1 (or zero) to a higher level?...never got into modules...

5) In that context, would you prefer a "sandbox" approach, or stick to modules?...sandbox

6) What is your preferred 'frequency' of posting? Once a day, every other day, twice a week, once a week, etc.?...once a day seems to work for me

7) How important are maps?...welcome and appreciated

8) How important are photos or pictures to the story?...I am a big fan of pictures, as each picture conveys loads of data

9) How important is it to stick to the LL/AEC rules?...not so much, house rules are welcome

10) What is your opinion of "house rules"?...like a old blanket

11) Do you prefer a DM that "progresses" characters, or tries to "counter" (aka - KILL) them? Perhaps you desire "challenge" or something in-between?...just build the world and let the players actions determine the way the world reacts to them

12) How important is NPC development in the context of "role playing"?...is nice in regards to allies and contacts

13) How important is 'Role Playing' YOUR character as opposed to simply reporting what your character does/says?...in person I am not about weird voices and monkey routines, but for the internet I am a fan of speaking in character

14) How important is LEVEL progression, or is it more about character development and story progression?...all about the story

15) How important is treasure and magic items? Or is it more about character development?...again the story is paramount...as for magic items I prefer interesting over uber powerful

16) Do you prefer 'existing' campaign settings (like Dragonlance or Grey Hawk), or do you prefer 'created' settings?...either or
“The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of the infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.”
― H.P. Lovecraft
Atomic Ray

Previous

Return to Gamer Gatherings