The Town That Was Not There

greyarea's Labyrinth Lord game

Moderator: greyarea

Re: The Town That Was Not There

Postby Fearghus » Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:09 am

Einar, Thief

"If magic and the wings of eagles cannot get us to our destination, then our own feet will have to suffice", he says. "Though we will need to find someplace we can acquire provisions".
Fearghus

Postby greyarea » Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:02 pm

That won't be necessary, says the voice from the oddly small armor which is propped on the horse to make it look full sized.

The chest plate of the armor opens and a little man exits. He is six-inches tall but otherwise looks like a human wizard, only shrunk. He walks up the neck of his horse and stands upon the horse's head, holding its ears for security. His colorful robes are striking, glinting occasionally in the noonday sun, and his hair is still dark, with streaks of grey both in the hair and in his beard near his chin. Dieter recognizes him nearly at once, although he has to look twice to believe his eyes, as this is his own teacher and master, the head of his School of magic.

The little man looks to the others, not seeming to recognize his old student, and says, Since the attack and this curse, I'm weakened but I still know a thing or two. And despite your reservations, dear Reteid, I know how to cast a wish like you wouldn't believe. Would it be strong enough to change our standing in this battle, or remove my curse? Sadly, no. But I can transport this group of youngsters to the Dead Gnoll's Eye Socket. No closer as the guards and wards are powerful, but it will save them on travel and provisions.

Now you,
he says, pointing to the Lammasu and paladin, heal those that need healing. And, if you can, create food and water for them. Enough of this tomfoolery, we have to get back to the Rainbow City to prepare for defense. If it is true that Keraptis has opened the Gate, then we've little time for this matter. They should be strong enough, although I'd leave your porters out with the horses once you reach the entrance, adventurers. I will prepare my spell, in the meantime.

The Lammasu casts Cure Serious Wounds on Grimes Cure Serious Wounds [2d6+2] = 11+2 = 13 x2 = 26

The paladin casts the same on Furuk (holy spit, what level is this paladin, and how is he in the employ of the King? Who is this King?) Cure Serious Wounds [2d6+2] = 8+2 = 10 and Lays on Hands.

The tiny mage looks at everyone and says, Now then, anything before you leave?

Actions?

Hit points and marching order
Grimes 46/46
--Furuk 42/51
Dieter 27/27
--Dandy 33/33
Castinus 34/34
--Shaelyyndenel 21/21
Einar 11/11
greyarea

Postby Fearghus » Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:49 pm

Einar, Thief

In the presence of such power, Einar can't help but feel a little ashamed for his chosen profession. Like many children, he grew up wanting to be a knight that slayed dragons and rescued fair women. But his decisions led down a different path. When the time comes to draw swords be can't help but throw dirt in someone's eyes, and has no compunctions about defeating an unarmed opponenet or one that doesn't know of his presence. But that's skill isn't it? He may not be as strong as a knight or skilled with a weapon, but he has skills: pilfering, staying out of the way, bypassing things that prevent pilfering.

"Maybe if we can get through this one", he thinks to himself, "I'll start that guild, but to help people and make sure no more towns get scooped up by evil wizards". Feeling better about himself he smiles and appraoches the conjured food.

"I can't think of a thing else", Einar says between mouthfuls of conjured food, "that we'd need to make this happen". He swallows the food, takes a mouthful drink and drags his sleeve across his mouth, "Other than some means of getting back once we've done what needs being done".
Fearghus

Postby Spanningtree » Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:24 pm

Dieter - Mage

With a short bow: Sir's, since are engaging in a quest quite literally in the middle of nowhere, could I ask that bestow upon us a few draughts of healing? If we need for any reason return to a town what is the closest one and direction? My thanks!

Dieter is ready after that!
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin
Spanningtree

Postby Spanningtree » Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:35 pm

OCC: One other request from the GM. What is out current haul from the Ogre Magi lair? Thanks!
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin
Spanningtree

Postby greyarea » Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:21 pm

Spanningtree wrote:OCC: One other request from the GM. What is out current haul from the Ogre Magi lair? Thanks!

Seriously? Ey, yi, yi.

a jar of dwarven bone flour
a flask of oil
a tinderbox
some dried fruit (1/2 day iron rations)
a small bag of salt
300 gp
100 pp
a large wheel of cheese
a gem (1000 GP)
two scrolls -- One is a wizard/elf scroll (2 spells - Summon Familiar and Water Breathing) and the other looks like a treasure map.
1000 GP and two gems: Azurite, and Eye Agate both worth 50gp each
10,000 sp
4,000 gp
4 (250 gp) gems
a scroll (MU/Elf with Dispel Magic and Hold Person spells)
three potions: one each of Heroism, Healing and Sweet Water
a barrel of dwarf-parts
a few barrels of fresh water
a keg of beer
two dozen sheep skins
pile of lumber
2x500 GP gems (one amethyst and one emerald)
1000 EP
75 SP
two scrolls (Ward Against the Undead and MU/Elf with Floating Disc and Levitate)
two potions
a wand
a partially drunk keg of beer
a sack containing gems which you estimate to be worth 2000GP in total
dwarven-sized chain-mail,
short bows
short swords
a sheaf of arrows (40)
ring (1000GP)
SP: 9000
EP: 6000
PP: 400
Potion of Flying
Wand of Polymorphing
Potion of Levitation
Scroll: Spells (1) - [M] Wall of Stone
Gems (11): Lapis Lazuli-50 gp, Jasper-250 gp, Tiger Eye Agate-25 gp, Tiger Eye Agate-50 gp, Tiger Eye Agate-50 gp, Onyx-100 gp, Moss Agate-50 gp, Rhodochrosite-25 gp, Sapphire-1000 gp, Topaz-750 gp, Blue Quartz-25gp. Total Value: 2375 gp.
Jewelry: (5): Comb-400 gp, Anklet-200 gp, Chain-900 gp, Pendant-600 gp, Choker-500gp. Total Value: 2600 gp.
700 gp ring and a set of five small 100 gp rubies
4000 SP
a Ring of Protection +1
a small sack with five agates 200GP each, some very nice bracers (1200GP), a tiara (2500 GP) and 100 EP.
a necklace (800GP) and a ring (600GP)
scroll of Stone to Flesh (used)
greyarea

Postby badams30 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:20 am

Grimes - Fighter

Grimes thanks the Lammasu for the healing, and he gathers his gear, and tells the porters "Sounds like a good idea to have you guys sit this one out and guard the stuff." He leans over and whispers "just don't drink all the beer. We need something to drink once we come out."

That's it then. Grimes will stand by and wait. Time to kill some bad guys.
badams30

Postby kjc » Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:03 am

Shae - Fighter/Mage
"Milords," Shae says respectfully, "I would add my voice to Einar's and Dieter's. How are we to return when the deed is done? Also, what opposition can we expect inside the mountain? Are there provisions or equipment that we are lacking? We would value your collective wisdom and experience, and any counsel would be gratefully received."
"This looks like a place we've never been to before!"
-My five-year-old son
kjc

Postby greyarea » Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:03 pm

Ser Gwalchmei laughs at Shae's questions. Such basic questions from supposed seasoned adventurers? Perhaps Sir Taris' blessings mean less that I thought.

Can it, you big galloot! says the Brownie, in reply. Now I don't know about your provisions or nothin' but I can tell you that the best way back will be to ride these horses you're on back to the Realm. But here, take this, He picks up and hands the shard to Dieter.

No! Exclaims the Elf who tries to stop the exchange, but then is taken aback when whatever he thought would happen didn't.

It won't injure them, they work for the King now, says the Brownie. He turns then to Dieter, Once the task is completed, this will act as a way for you to communicate back to the King, or to one of us if need be. You will receive instructions, and maybe some help, then. It works similar to a geas spell, in that it is tied to a particular quest. It won't work to communicate before the quest is complete but upon completion you should get a connection. Heck, it may shock you if you try without completing, he adds with a mischievous grin. As to magic potions or healing? I have none. And I doubt those with me have any either.

The man in black, who had not been noticed for a while, appears as from invisibility and, with a clink in the soft grass, three potions fall at your feet. He disappears again and is not to be seen. A quick examination shows them to be Extra-Healing potions. A disembodied voice says, That out to hold ya if you have any mettle in ya!

Well, there it is. Now anything else?

The little wizard gets out components for his wish spell.

Actions?
greyarea

Postby badams30 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:12 pm

Grimes - Fighter

Grimes frowns and mimics Ser Gwalchmei's admonishment in a snooty tone "Such basic questions from supposed seasoned adventurers? Blah blah blah. If you aren't going with us, then shut yer' hole, jerk." He winks and Shae and says in low tone "Still pretty glad to see ol' Grimes again, eh?"

He stands ready, whistling and he gives the brownie a thumbs up. "Take care, big fella. When we get back and I've finished cuttin' ol' Crap-Tis' legs off, let's you and I have an ale, shall we?"

Just prior to whisking away via wish, Grimes will smile and wave at the paladin and mage, then he'll grab his crotch and grunt, shouting, "Later, chumps."
badams30

PreviousNext

Return to Skull Mountain