Mutagens and Morphic Stability

For Discussion of all things Mutant Future (especially spidergoats).

Mutagens and Morphic Stability

Postby JDJarvis » Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:14 pm

An idea I'm kicking about for a mutant future campaign: how stable are individual characters vs a variety of mutagenic substances and what could the effects be?
I'm going with Morphic stability as opposed to Genetic Stability because no one is safe. In addition to plain old radiation there is Reconstructive Virus, Robotic-Warfare Nanites, Bio-morphic Solvent, and the Data-Virus. Contemplating adding Memetic Virus or Psycho-plasma (mutations by notions/ideas and problems with the psychic disturbances/residue).

Each should probably get it's own list of mutations that are gifted/inflicted upon the victims. I've had a mutational degree mechanism on the back-burner for sometime now so I'm likely going to work that into the acquired mutations.
here's the link to the post with notes and tables: http://aeonsnaugauries.blogspot.com/201 ... ility.html

One thing that has me wondering about is how to account for the rate of mutation, there might be step I'm missing, i don't want it to be a simple 5 checks a day and you mutate mechanic but even with the Morphic Stability scores the mutagens might all inflict mutation a bit too frequently. Prehaps offset this with rolling an additional save, roll a d12 to get stability or less to resist, just make sure the mutagens aren't very common?
JDJarvis

Return to Mutant Future