Welcome to Daggerford!

badams30's Labyrinth Lord p=b-p game.

Moderator: badams30

Re: Welcome to Daggerford!

Postby badams30 » Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:25 pm

Han walks over to where Melvin is pacing about, and hands him the carved cat. He stops and says "Eh? What's this? Remarkable! You've found him!" He unexpectedly gives Han a big hug and is smiles from ear to ear. He says "I don't know how I can ever repay you." He lovingly rubs the cat for a minute then shouts "MAGIC!" at the top of his lungs, scaring the heck out of those sitting in relative quiet. Braun frowns and says "Melvin... please." To which Melvin ignores and says to Han (looking at the party as well) "I've a small storefront in Red Larch, if you've ever any magics you need identified or researched, I'd be happy to do it for a pittance!" Then, as quickly as his lucidity came, it vanishes, and he walks off, mumbling to his new cat about how much he's missed him and how the nice priest found him and returned him home...

You all relax and enjoy the hospitality of the halfings, and even Grinkle breaks the ice with the halflings, and late in the evening, you see Grinkle quietly casting dice with them, apparently learing a new game. Dak consumes much liquor, and is soon snoring heavily, his considerable frame propped up against one of the wagons.

Unless you have anything else to do tonight, we'll assume you all turn in, and Braun insists on sharing watch duties with the group. As the wind picks up to a moderate but steady breeze, you all feel the chill in the air, and you hit the sack, anxious to get moving to Red Larch early.

Your night passes uneventfully, and as you start to assemble in the morning, as usual, Grinkle is busily stowing the shelter and getting Ruby ready to depart, he nods and bids everyone a cheerful good morning. To your surprise (somewhat) you hear Braun's elevated voice, and find him yelling at the goats, as he and two of his men are chasing them around trying to tie them up for the trip. After 10 minutes of cursing and shouting, the goats are finally secure and tied to long leads behind Melvin's cart, and you can hear Braun telling Melvin that if the goats don't start behaving, they will be on the menu.

You all enjoy a light breakfast, and before you know it, you are ready to move out. Braun, cheerful again says "Let's go! Red Larch awaits!"
While the wagons are pretty full, Braun and his men make room for you all to ride wherever there is space. It's not the most comfortable travel accomodations you've had, but it beats walking. You leave your campsite, and proceed, one motley band of individuals, headed toward Red Larch, which Braun says you should make by late afternoon, assuming no rain. It is cold and dreary at the moment, but the skies are dry.

Let me know if you have any other things to do before Red Larch. If not, I'll start a new thread tonight for your arrival in the town.
badams30

Postby kjc » Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:23 pm

Jayce - Fighter
"Let's ride!" Jayce beams, pleased as punch that for once it's true.
"This looks like a place we've never been to before!"
-My five-year-old son
kjc

Postby tumblingdice » Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:43 pm

OC: Woohoo! New thread. :D

Rory laughs at the goat antics, and helps round them up. "Aren't you a naughty little dish," he says, giving one of them a noogie between its horns."

Steve
Get thee to the dungeon. Get thee to the dungeon forthwith. Pass not the barbican. Amass not 200 GP.
tumblingdice

Postby badams30 » Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:03 pm

Yes, Indeed... NEW THREAD COMING SOON!
badams30

Previous

Return to Forgotten Realms: Northlands of Adventure