LL Dead?

For any discussion that does not fit any other category, or general announcements.

LL Dead?

Postby Hagakuri » Sun Sep 25, 2016 8:21 pm

I love Labyrinth Lord, but I have heard some say that it is a dead game as it seems that Small Niche and Brave Halfling have done nothing LL related in a couple of years. Opinions? Thoughts?
Hagakuri

Re: LL Dead?

Postby merias » Sun Sep 25, 2016 9:18 pm

Welcome to the forums! An interesting post for your first :).

I wouldn't listen to the naysayers - Small Niche Games is bringing back Brave the Labyrinth, and Barrel Rider Games has just started producing new supplements. And even if no new material were ever produced for LL again, there is an amazing amount of stuff out there already, enough for a lifetime of campaigns. The community is a bit scattered, and Dan has not been as visibly active as he once was, so that may be leading to the impression of inactivity. These forums and the Unseen Servant see a lot of LL PbP activity, while a lot of the discussion happens on G+, in the LL and B/X communities. I have some thoughts on the pros and cons of the OSR's rush to G+ on my blog.
merias

Postby Vile » Wed Sep 28, 2016 4:25 am

The combined LL + AEC book would do a lot to revive the visibility of LL if it happened ... not hinting or anything, Dan ... ;)
The BLUEHOLME™ Project
Vile

Postby rredmond » Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:09 pm

Dan's got a lot going on. I'm sure when RL calms down for him he'll step back in. :)

The Old Games never die, a new grog is born every day! ;)

Be well all,
--Ron--
DOWNLOAD THE NEW ISSUE -- FREE NOW!
CLICK ON THE BANNER BELOW!!
Oak Rapp - screaming "die" in orcish b/c it sounds cooler.
Phaser on stun *pew pew*. Phaser on kill *poo poo*!
rredmond

Postby sniderman » Fri Sep 30, 2016 12:52 pm

I suggest you check out the forum's Advertisements section. Seems like there's a LL supplement/adventure/sourcebook coming out every month!

viewforum.php?f=30
sniderman

Postby ArtemisEntreri » Tue Oct 04, 2016 1:25 pm

Hi!!

Same issue Here, but consider that LL is a self contained beasy with lots of stuff goin' on and an insane amount of valuable fan made stuff. :)

Even if the everchanging society we live in suggests Otherwise, we don't need new stuff everyday.
It would be Great to get some support though, just because i believe this is a huge Project.

If you're interested in some work, i opened a thread in the LL section introducing new classes. ;)
ArtemisEntreri

Postby Hagakuri » Tue Oct 04, 2016 5:47 pm

rredmond,
What is RL? I do not think I am familiar with this.
Hagakuri

Postby greyarea » Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:37 pm

RL = real life :)
greyarea

Postby Hagakuri » Tue Oct 04, 2016 9:03 pm

Thanks greyarea, I am familiar with this and am feeling supremely stupid right now. :oops:
Hagakuri

Postby Gregorius21778 » Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:43 pm

Hagakuri wrote:Thanks greyarea, I am familiar with this and am feeling supremely stupid right now. :oops:

Well, Hagakuri, if it helps you: this little innocent question of yours and the way you phrased it just made my day!

In regard to LL: as others already stated: a lot of "OSR" material is posted everyday. While it might not be LL, it is all to easy to convert it. That is the charm of the those old, have-been-here-since-forever games: people have been writing things for those (or for similar rules sets) since forever.
Last edited by Gregorius21778 on Fri Dec 02, 2016 7:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sincerely: Gregorius21778
################################
If you like my stuff, please visit my blog.
I am furthermore looking for reviews of my products.
Gregorius21778

Next

Return to Open Discussion