Pacesetter Basic?

This forum is for general discussion about Pacesetter products and the Pacesetter System. This forum is also appropriate for historical Paesetter ltd. products that are no longer part of the product line.

Pacesetter Basic?

Postby BlUsKrEEm » Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:24 pm

Has there been any thought given to making an artless slimmed down version of the "core" Pacesetter as an intro to the system? It can be hard to get players interested in playing a game if the system isn't familiar to them, and I love being able to point folk to the free version of LL when they are curious about the game, something for Pacesetter would help me out immensely. In the past I've lent out copies of other Pacesetter games, but it feels a bit off to try and get someone interested in Majus by lending them Rotworld.
BlUsKrEEm

Re: Pacesetter Basic?

Postby Blood axe » Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:30 pm

That sounds like a good idea. Only the basic rules- no setting specifics. Only the very basics.
To defend: This is the Pact.
But when life loses its value,
and is taken for naught -
then the Pact is to Avenge.
Blood axe

Re: Pacesetter Basic?

Postby Goblinoid Games » Sat Sep 27, 2014 12:58 am

BlUsKrEEm wrote:Has there been any thought given to making an artless slimmed down version of the "core" Pacesetter as an intro to the system? It can be hard to get players interested in playing a game if the system isn't familiar to them, and I love being able to point folk to the free version of LL when they are curious about the game, something for Pacesetter would help me out immensely. In the past I've lent out copies of other Pacesetter games, but it feels a bit off to try and get someone interested in Majus by lending them Rotworld.

Yes, this is a good idea and something I intend to do. I was hoping to have had time for it by now but life interupted. I'll see if I can bump this up on my list.
Goblinoid Games
Site Admin

Return to General Pacesetter Discussion