Northwest Passage

greyarea's Labyrinth Lord game

Moderator: greyarea

Re: Northwest Passage

Postby Craigers07 » Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:29 pm

Furuk - Fighter

Furuk assists Grimes in stripping Bluto of his weapons and armor. While they are working on this, he explains to everyone Bluto’s past.

“It may be hard to believe by looking at him now, but this fool used to be a respected knight. He was involved in a series of dishonorable murders and was locked up. I don’t know much about the murders, but remember him as being a wanted man after he escaped incarceration. If I recall correctly, it was around 10,000 gold pieces for the reward.”

He turns his attention to the large room and points his sword at the door.

“This looks like the last place the little brownie showed us on the paper. Blackrazor yet remains to be won underneath the inverted ziggurat. That garnered, think not that you’re done, for now you’ll find you are caught.”

Looking to the group for input, he waits for everyone to discuss ideas on getting to the bottom.
Craigers07

Postby badams30 » Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:38 pm

Grimes - Fighter

Grimes nods in approval at the mention of Bluto being wanted. "Mmm hmm. I'll like to see him delivered to face justice. Although whatever fate is his, it's likely better than what he deserves.

Grimes scratches his chin at Dieter's plan and says "That might just work. Perhaps if we can release the creatures all together, they'll fight it out amongst themselves, eh?"

OOC: Grimes will stand by with Wave, waiting for the result of the spell.
badams30

Postby greyarea » Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:51 pm

The Terraced Menagerie

INITIATIVE baddies [1d6] = 2 party [1d6] = 4

The manticores look like they are going to throw stingers but you act first!

The fireball is hurled by Dieter at the lowest tier. Fireball dmg [6d6] = 23 The manticores are burned as the ball of fire expands. The glass heats and shatters, pushing the sea lions in with the injured manticores.

Dandy throws Whelm at the upper deck of glass, spilling giant crayfish in with scorpions.

Scorpions and crayfish start fighting. Manticores and Sea Lions battle.

Actions?
greyarea

Postby badams30 » Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:29 pm

Grimes - FIghter

Grimes' eyes grow wide at the spectacle going on below. "Wow. You don't see something like that everyday." Assuming we are in no immediate danger where we are, I would say we should wait till the fracas ends, keeping close watch behind us for ambushers.

OOC: Thinking of Bluto's stuff, we may want to don the armor if someone can use it. Same with the boots - any of those items might come in handy. Just a thought.
badams30

Postby Spanningtree » Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:58 pm

Dieter - Mage

Woof, your right, you don't see that everyday! Wishing he had some way to record the event to show others, just like the encounter with the dragon. Let's see who comes out on top with the existing situation and then break the remaining glass somehow for a finale.

It would be nice to rest before entering the door down below. I have expended quite a bit of my power. Considering the dangers we have experienced so far I think whatever is behind that door might be quite powerful. He will say with a shrug.

OCC: Dieter has no opinion on the current magic items. They should go to whoever can use them best.
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin
Spanningtree

Postby kjc » Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:47 am

Shae - Fighter/Mage
Shae watches the ensuing chaos as she takes a sip of water. Standing close to Castinus, she offers him a drink. "You take me to all the nicest places," she teases. To the group she says loudly, "Well, I believe this should irritate our host to no end. Sadly, I do not believe Keraptis will be inviting us over again..."
"This looks like a place we've never been to before!"
-My five-year-old son
kjc

Postby greyarea » Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:01 pm

Castinus - thief

Castinus replies, Only the best for you, dear. He gives Shae a quick peck on the cheek.
greyarea

Postby greyarea » Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:11 pm

The Terraced Menagerie continued

The crayfish prove to outmatch the drowning scorpions, who only take two with them in death. The wounded manticores are tougher against the sea lions, but soon they give up the ghost as well.

Dandy throws Whelm for the last time this day. The hammer seems to hum as it hits the glass wall. It ricochets and hits another wall, rebounds again cracking the structure and finally returns to the dwarf cleric's outstretched hand. The crayfish spill out into the lower levels, followed by the water. They begin combat with the sea lions, who clearly outmatch them. As the battle rages, you notice that the water level in the lowest tier is slowly dropping. The last sea lion mauls the final crayfish with a massive *crack* of chitin and the clawed beast dies.

The sea lion bellows and then regards its surroundings. There are corpses of manticores, sea lions, crayfish, and scorpions being revealed as the water level drops. Soon the beast is sitting in a puddle in the lowest level, looking up at you menacingly. He is battle scarred but still fierce and he's waiting for you.

Actions?

Hit points and marching order
Grimes 42/46
--Furuk 25/51
Dieter 27/27 <sleep, magic missile, continual light, fireball >
--Dandy 29/33 < CLW x3, Bless, Hold Person, Delay Poison, Augury, Silence 15'r, Glyph of Warding, Cure Disease, Dispel Magic, Protection from Evil 10' radius, Cure serious wounds >
Castinus 32/34
--Shaelyyndenel 21/21 <Burning Hands, Charm Person, Continual Light, Stinking Cloud>
Einar 11/11
greyarea

Postby Spanningtree » Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:48 pm

Dieter - Mage

Well, now we have the answer to how that battle comes out.
He will say with a nod. Anyone have any oil?
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin
Spanningtree

Postby badams30 » Sat Feb 22, 2014 2:12 am

Grimes - Fighter

Grimes shakes his head and says "A pity we have to kill him. He is a tough customer." Grimes pulls the boots of springing and striding from the sack and says "I could hop down there and finish him off."

If no one objects, Grimes will put on the boots and jump (going level to level if need be) and he'll try to jump on the thing using Wave to spear it with.

OOC: Smart? Nope. Seems like something Grimes would do.
badams30

PreviousNext

Return to Skull Mountain