LL and LL Advanced Spells

For discussion of all things Labyrinth Lord.

Re: LL and LL Advanced Spells

Postby jeff » Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:19 pm

I got my RC at the local HalfPrice Books store for $10. Later, at the same store, I found the 1e UA for$9. So don't be afraid to comb your local used bookstores for gaming stuff.
jeff

Postby Denim N Leather » Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:38 pm

jeff wrote:I got my RC at the local HalfPrice Books store for $10. Later, at the same store, I found the 1e UA for$9. So don't be afraid to comb your local used bookstores for gaming stuff.

Problem is, I live in NYC; most used ANYTHING shops have a very good idea of market value. I should stop by the Strand on the off chance, however ...
Denim N Leather

Postby Dyson Logos » Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:32 pm

As a footnote to all this,

IMO, the thing that brought me back to B/X over 3e? The 12-spells-per-level. More than anything else, the restricted spell lists are one of the best balancers, keeping the spellcasters from completely overwhelming the non-spellcasters. The more spells they have, the more options, the more powerful they become compared to everyone else who doesn't get new options.
Dyson's Dodecahedron
an RPG blog with a butt-load of maps
Dyson Logos

Postby Blood axe » Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:54 pm

Denim N Leather wrote:Found a used copy of UA for $30, including shipping, from Toll & Toad. Depending on the weather, I may see it this week!

Thats a bit pricey for a used copy- for that dough I'd want mint condition.
To defend: This is the Pact.
But when life loses its value,
and is taken for naught -
then the Pact is to Avenge.
Blood axe

Postby connivingsumo » Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:52 am

Denim N Leather wrote:
jeff wrote:I got my RC at the local HalfPrice Books store for $10. Later, at the same store, I found the 1e UA for$9. So don't be afraid to comb your local used bookstores for gaming stuff.

Problem is, I live in NYC; most used ANYTHING shops have a very good idea of market value. I should stop by the Strand on the off chance, however ...

That's a good point, but also remember that unless that used bookstore has an online presence (in the context of sales I mean) then chances are they're not going to bother with listing a D&D collection to fetch the (maybe) extra $50; a lot of used bookstores just go with a local market - at least the owners I've known. They tend to rely on their experience for what sells and what does not, and what the value is.

Of course, the nice thing about online... you don't have to visit a bazillion stores just to find out no one has it! :mrgreen:
SUCCESSFUL "TRADES" with: tumblingdice x2, Blood axe, and Kipper! ~ thanks to all of you! :D

"Be the change you want to see in the world." ~Gandhi
“If more of us valued food and cheer above hoarded gold, it would be a much merrier world.” ~J.R.R. Tolkien
connivingsumo

Previous

Return to Labyrinth Lord