Northwest Passage

greyarea's Labyrinth Lord game

Moderator: greyarea

Re: Northwest Passage

Postby greyarea » Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:57 pm

The party rests in the room. The evening (as far as you can tell, without sun, who knows) passes without incident.

(Spellcasters, please give me your spells) Staying in the room has an added bonus. Theo finds a book but cannot read it. He gives it to Dieter to look at and he determines that it is probably a spell-book, although it will take time to decode the writing.

You wake refreshed and ready to take on the new day.

Actions?

Hit points and marching order
Grimes 34/46
--Furuk 39/51
Dieter 27/27 <sleep, continual light, fireball >
--Dandy 24/33 < Bless, Hold Person, Delay Poison, Augury, Silence 15'r, Glyph of Warding, Cure Disease, Dispel Magic >
Castinus 29/34
--Shaelyyndenel 20/21 <Burning Hands, Charm Person, Continual Light, Stinking Cloud>
Einar 11/11
greyarea

Postby badams30 » Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:29 pm

Grimes - Fighter

Grimes scratches his chin and says "Where to now?"

OOC: Does this room have another exit?
badams30

Postby greyarea » Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:43 pm

badams30 wrote:OOC: Does this room have another exit?

Nope.

This entire section is cleared.

The way some of these old time modules are written doesn't help much. And I'm not buying Return to White Plume Mountain anytime soon: some of those 3rd edition modules seem a little cannibalistic to me.
greyarea

Postby badams30 » Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:57 pm

OOC: I guess we retrace our steps, eh? Go back the way we came till we get to the sphinx thingy... Suggestions?
badams30

Postby merias » Fri Mar 28, 2014 6:33 pm

OOC: Sounds right.
merias

Postby greyarea » Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:07 pm

The party retraces its steps, grabbing Sir Bluto along the way. You get to the Hall of Heat, which no longer is making you hot, and to where Einar is waiting with the treasure. Einar sees you, acknowledging you with a wordless nod, and then continues staring down the hall waving you over and holding his finger to his lips.

Down the hall there is a mighty battle between a gynosphynx and you aren't sure what....

The battle is short lived and the ... thing rests. It then turns it's violet eyes to you and beckons you down the hall to it. The open pit, you notice, is no longer open. The thing waits for you, standing over the corpse of the sphynx.

Greetings, warriors of Law. I have arrived from the Rainbow City to meet with you, having discovered that the final Item of Power in Keraptis' possession had been freed. This has had a profound effect on things and we hope the tide in he war with Chaos is turning. Keraptis is on the run and we believe him to have taken shelter in the Tomb of Acererak the Unclean: a Lich of marvelous power.

Ever since The Crystal Cage was shattered, the forces of Law have been on the defensive. We are just now beginning to reclaim lost ground, but, as I say, the tide is turning. Will you be willing to help the forces of Law by striking the mighty blow that will sunder their power and give us the edge? Will you go to the Tomb of Acererak and face that demi-lich and Keraptis himself?

Actions?

Grimes 34/46
--Furuk 39/51
--Dandy 24/33 < Bless, Hold Person, Delay Poison, Augury, Silence 15'r, Glyph of Warding, Cure Disease, Dispel Magic >
Castinus 29/34
--Shaelyyndenel 20/21 <Burning Hands, Charm Person, Continual Light, Stinking Cloud>
Einar 11/11
greyarea

Postby badams30 » Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:25 pm

Grimes - FIghter

A smile spreads across Grimes' face at the mention of facing Keraptis and the lich. He glances at the party and says "I'm in. I'd like the chance to settle the score with this Keraptis fellow. I think Poseidon would look favorably upon this venture." He taps the shaft of Wave loudly on the floor twice and then stands aside, quiet, but thinking pleasant thoughts about skewering the mage on Wave.

OOC: Grimes is in. Of course. Killing bad guys, no need to debate for him.
badams30

Postby Spanningtree » Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:18 pm

Dieter - Mage

Motioning toward the sphinx: Thanks for that, I don't like sphinx's either... always talking riddles and such.... ill kept manes. He will mumble on for a bit. Yes, I will also go! No other plans really... he will say absently scratching his butt. Can you recharge an ice wand?

OCC: Spells= magic missile, sleep, continual light, stinking cloud, fireball x 2.
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin
Spanningtree

Postby greyarea » Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:24 pm

The strange, beautiful creature takes the wand, Ice, from Dieter's hands.

This is nice, very nice. It's been recharged to its full capacity of forty uses. Quite a lot for a wand so powerful.

When she hands the wand back she pauses, looking at Dieter. You seem to have in your possession something of great import. A map that is more than it seems. I felt its power when I gave you back your wand. The Tomb of Acererak is far from here, but the map could help. That said, if it is what I think it is, it means you will be passing through planes beyond what most eyes see, and most minds can comprehend. Use it only after deep consideration. Otherwise, I've left a map with your other henchman with the horses. I saw him before I came looking for you...

Actions?

Grimes 34/46
--Furuk 39/51
Castinus 29/34
Einar 11/11
greyarea

Postby Spanningtree » Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:16 pm

Dieter - Mage

I know of the map that you speak, I did not know of it's power. My thanks for your advice and recharging of the wand. We will do our best!
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin
Spanningtree

PreviousNext

Return to Skull Mountain