Bissel

greyarea's Labyrinth Lord game

Moderator: greyarea

Re: Bissel

Postby Spanningtree » Fri Aug 14, 2015 3:26 am

Dieter - Mage

Muffled a bit by a mouth full of bread and rolling his eyes: Aye, here we go again Grimes. We need to get some scrolls of resurrection this time... with a slight laugh. Alright Childs, let's see what you have going on.
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin
Spanningtree

Postby merias » Fri Aug 14, 2015 1:58 pm

Dandy, Dwarf Cleric

"Well met, Childs. I be Dandy, cleric of Belenus," Dandy says. "You lead, we'll follow". As he speaks, he hefts Whelm up onto his shoulder, and grabs his pack.
merias

Postby tumblingdice » Sat Aug 15, 2015 12:47 pm

Castinus, rested and in better humor than before, sighs. "Very well. What good's a castle if it's too cold and dark to enjoy it? I'll come too."

Oc: Castinus got a better night's sleep than yours truly. We're camping, and our air mattress deflated in the night. Shouldn't have let the rug rats jump on it. But how do you stop youthful exuberance?
Get thee to the dungeon. Get thee to the dungeon forthwith. Pass not the barbican. Amass not 200 GP.
tumblingdice

Postby badams30 » Sat Aug 15, 2015 3:36 pm

tumblingdice wrote:Castinus, rested and in better humor than before, sighs. "Very well. What good's a castle if it's too cold and dark to enjoy it? I'll come too."

Oc: Castinus got a better night's sleep than yours truly. We're camping, and our air mattress deflated in the night. Shouldn't have let the rug rats jump on it. But how do you stop youthful exuberance?

I saw your one photo. Brave man. Good luck. Mine want to go camping, but their idea of camping isn't like mine. I have the memories of Boy Scouts and days in the field in the Army. These gals prob wouldn't make it more than 50' from the house....
badams30

Postby greyarea » Sat Aug 15, 2015 10:35 pm

The party breaks their fast and dresses. Your clothes have not been clean (nor your bodies) since the trek to the ogre mage outpost. Since then you were recruited into the war between Law and Chaos and raided White Plume Mountain, travelled interdimensionaly, and survived the tomb of horrors. It's been a rough time.

Childs meets you in the lower level, which is much quieter but still as packed as when you were last here. Many sleep on their crossed arms and on benches in the great room and the smell of them is pungent.

The cold when the door opens is bracing. You feel any exposed skin burn with the icy cold, and your eyes soon have frozen tears on their lashes. Childs guides you silently through the dark streets and the few that are about are quick and businesslike. Most are bundled in so many furs that you cannot tell their race nor sex: only that some are small (dwarf, halfling, gnome, or other) and others are larger. And all are cold.

Llywelyn Monastery has oaken doors at least two stories tall, covered in hoary frost. Childs knocks boomingly with his mace and chunks of ice are loosed and fall from the doors. One opens a crack and you are let in, barely squeezing through the doorway. The huge door is shut firmly immediately after you pass through.

You are lead down a hall, through a worship area. To the left and right you see doors leading to cells, kitchens, and classrooms. You are lead to a large, low-ceilinged room where a huge fire burns and many men, dwarfs, elves, hobbits, gnomes, and even two half-orcs are in mid-discussion. They are enrobed in many colors: the holy robes of clerics, healers, monks, druids, and inquisitors as well as the mystic robes of mages, wizards, illusionists, enchanters, and warders.

You barely have time to take this all in when Childs booms out in a voice deep and resonant, I have found those that have Wave! They may also have the other items of power! These may be the ones we seek!

All heads turn and look at the party.

Actions?

Hit points and marching order
Grimes 46/46
--Furuk 59/59
Dieter 31/31 < remove curse, lightning bolt, continual light, auditory illusion, magic missile x2, floating disc >
--Dandy 33/33 < CLW x6, Hold Person, Find Traps, Remove Curse, Dispel Magic, Exorcise >
Castinus 34/34
--Acquaire

OOC: I haven't been camping in ages. Used to camp all the time as a child and then in Scouts in my teenage years, though never with an air mattress. The hard ground was always good enough. Well, that and the clothes I'd pack underneath both for comfort and to keep them warm for the morning.
greyarea

Postby badams30 » Sun Aug 16, 2015 1:15 am

Grimes - Fighter

Grimes puffs his chest out, and using Wave as a staff of sorts, he plants it's shaft loudly on the floor and stares (in his best tough-guy stare) at the assembled people, pausing on any halflings in attendance. He'll wait to see who in the group talks first, although it's killing him to keep his mouth shut....
badams30

Postby merias » Sun Aug 16, 2015 1:43 pm

Dandy, Dwarf Cleric

Dandy waits patiently, scanning the crowd for any fellow priests of Belenus.
merias

Postby Spanningtree » Mon Aug 17, 2015 12:06 am

Dieter - Mage

Dieter casually scratches his butt. I doubt many issues would cause such an esteemed assembly...
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin
Spanningtree

Postby tumblingdice » Mon Aug 17, 2015 5:58 pm

Castinus remains attentive, but keeps quiet.
Get thee to the dungeon. Get thee to the dungeon forthwith. Pass not the barbican. Amass not 200 GP.
tumblingdice

Postby greyarea » Mon Aug 17, 2015 7:04 pm

Two approach: A man in greenish-blue lacquered plate mail and an elf in red robes over what you assume is a coat of mithril. Dandy espies the one wearing the robes of Belenus: a woman with breastplate and a long war hammer, which appears to be burning with an orange-yellow flame.

The man mumbles something (which Dandy recognizes as Detect Evil) and then speaks, looking at the halfling with an edge and his trident: Are you then a follower of Poseidon? How did you come of his holy trident, Wave? What has brought you hither?

Does it really matter, Zissou? Steps in the elf, whose voice is strictly feminine and immediately makes Castinus think of Shae. What matters is that they are of good intent and can help us. Call me Leea.

We seek champions to assist us. It is known that the war betwixt Law and Chaos is done: that Chaos has won and the sun has gone cold. Apollo, Mithras, Lugh, Belenus, Liza, and all of the gods of the sun are flailing as they fight against the bitter cold and work to reignite the Sol Invictus. Meanwhile, all other primordials, deities, demigods, legendary champions, titans, and personified concepts of Law strive to regain a foothold against the demons, devils, false gods, and ilk of Chaos.

We have sent a few parties of champions to find the Heart of Shakak. We believe that if we can smash it, it will disrupt the forces of Chaos enough for Law to win and the Sun to return.

As you have Wave, I can only assume that you've liberated Whelm and Blackrazor, the other items of power, from the abode of Keraptis. If so, then we might have a chance to destroy the Heart!

Actions?

Hit points and marching order
Grimes 46/46
--Furuk 59/59
Dieter 31/31 < remove curse, lightning bolt, continual light, auditory illusion, magic missile x2, floating disc >
--Dandy 33/33 < CLW x6, Hold Person, Find Traps, Remove Curse, Dispel Magic, Exorcise >
Castinus 34/34
--Acquaire
greyarea

PreviousNext

Return to Skull Mountain