Looking for artists for Deviant Database 2.0!

This forum is for displaying your artwork for feedback, or just for fun.

Looking for artists for Deviant Database 2.0!

Postby sniderman » Sun May 25, 2014 2:14 am

Hey gang,

I'm compiling a follow-up to my original Deviant Database book of monsters, mutants and miscreants for Mutant Future, and I'm in need of your artistic talents!

I love the artwork folks have submitted for both Deviant Database and One Year in the Savage AfterWorld, an I'd like to keep the tradition alive! This new supplement is a literal follow-up to the first DD, tentatively titled "Deviant Database 2.0". This will be a smaller work, collecting about 50 new mutants for the Mutant Future RPG. It will be set up and formatted like its Big Brother. (I had toyed with the idea of combining both Databases into one MasterWork, but decided against it.)

So, just as I've offered in the past, if you contribute one illustration, you get the entire book in PDF format. Contribute three or more illustrations, and you get it in both PDF AND PRINT formats! All artists will be credited up front in the book, and artists retain all rights to their contributions. (I just ask for permission to run the drawing solely in this book in perpetuity.) You can take a look at the previous thread when I made a similar offer with the first DD for more info.

So, without further ado, here's the list of illustrations I'm fishing for this time around (Claimed art has been marked in red):

Large patch of moss of lichens. A skeleton lays on the bed of moss.
    Several spiny sea urchins, but they aren’t underwater (they’re land dwellers).
    Horse-headed humanoid wielding really big damn guns.
    Imagine an elephant with a turtle’s shell and head with a beak. It’s got hypnotic eyes too.
    A giant 100-feet tall alien-like creature. Thin, spindly, clawed legs and arms, insectoid head with tentacled mouth.
    A turtle so large, it carries a huge island on its back.
    Cornstalks that explode, sending spiderwebs everyplace.
    A unicorn with a chainsaw blade for a horn.
    Giant praying mantis.
    A beautiful woman except that her head has opened up into a giant toothy maw to bite off the head of a paramour.
    A tarantula with flaps of skin between its legs, allowing it to “glide” like a flying squirrel.
    A three-headed creature on a barrel-shaped body with three arms and 9 tentacles it uses for locomotion.
    A golem made out of cast-off internal organs (hearts, brains, kidneys, etc.) A living “gut pile” in human form.
    A twisted cannibal human who lives in the swamps. Jagged teeth, pointy ears, and fingernail claws.
    Large toad with jagged vampire teeth.
    A giant pig-like boar. Three eyes, two mouths, and a set of horns that runs down its spine. Drools a lot.
    A small leech-worm that has three sharp hook-like fangs that it uses to latch onto a victim.
    A tyranousarus rex with strange hypnotic eyes.
    A firey, ashen smoke-monster in a shifting humanoid form.
    A large carnivorous flying fish that fires out a barbed tongue to snatch prey from the river banks.
    Giant Venus Fly Trap that can trap human-sized prey.
    A giant penguin with a mouth that’s as large as it is tall. Propels itself by sliding along the ground face-first, and scoops/eats its prey as it slides along into its open mouth.
    A rhino that’s on fire and surrounded by a flaming aura.
    A laughing donkey.
    A humanoid covered in a hardened scab-like crust.
    Large half-man, half-polar bear arctic monster.
    A T-rex with a tank turret for a head.
    A crab that is using a human skull for a shell.
    A hairless water-dwelling otter that is covered in green slime.
    A human with incredibly long arms and legs, twisted into bizarre directions. Runs on all fours, black skin, sharp teeth, barbed tongue, clings to walls like a spider.
    Giant stinkbug (like the name says…)
    Small insect that looks like a computer circuit board.
    An animated snake skeleton.
    A flaming human skull with wings. Yes, like the biker logo.
    A half-man, half-shark mutant humanoid wielding an axe.
    A crab with a squirrel’s head.
    A giant insect that looks like a fallen log walking on “branch/twig-like” legs.
    A giant centipede thing attacking a robot. It has a pair of sharp talons near its head that it uses to rip up machines…

If interested, drop me a line at gameagain (at) gmail (dot) com and "claim" the creature you'd like to draw. (So we don't have two or three folks working on the same critter.) If available, I'll let you know and you can then draw up your take on the mutant. When done, fire it in to me for approval. If you'd like to tackle another, let me know. And so forth... We need black and white art (no color) at 300 dpi, and avoid graduated shading (as it may not print well). Other than that, you make the call.

To reiterate: You do not have to be a professional artist with a massive portfolio of published works. As long as you make an honest effort (no stick figures please), I should be fine with your contribution. (Although I do reserve the right to say "No thanks.") And that's about it! Let me know if you have questions, and thanks!
sniderman

Return to Art Forum