Timemaster/Rotworld OGL status?

For discussion of the TIMEMASTER RPG now owned by Goblinoid Games, originally published by Pacesetter in 1984.

Timemaster/Rotworld OGL status?

Postby sniderman » Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:36 am

Just dawned on me as I work out some details on some Timemaster-related projects, what's the OGL status of Timemaster and, by extension Rotworld? Obviously LL and MF are covered by OGL, but I don't think such an agreement exists for the new systems. If someone wanted to create support products/modules for these, I assume it must be done through GG channels rather than implementing the OGL, correct? Also, what is the status of the Action Table System? Is that now "owned" by GG. or could someone create a new RPG based on the ATS?

Just curious as to the steps someone will need to take if they wanted to create new works for these systems. Thanks!
sniderman

Re: Timemaster/Rotworld OGL status?

Postby Goblinoid Games » Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:36 pm

Nope, these games are not OGL. Anyone who wants to create material for TIMEMASTER or ROTWORLD will need to work with me directly. Similarly the game system is not OGL, so again if you wanted to release your own game based on the system you would have to either work with me, or Phil Reed since he owns Star Ace, or Mayfair since they own CHILL.
Goblinoid Games
Site Admin

Postby Goblinoid Games » Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:37 pm

Oh...one thing I'll add is that even though they are not OGL I still may develop some kind of license, like what they have for Savage Worlds, so stay tuned!
Goblinoid Games
Site Admin

Postby John Adams » Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:36 pm

This is good news. I find the action system to be very cool and great change-of-pace in my own gaming. :)
John Adams

Return to TIMEMASTER